Arbutamine and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with arbutamine:
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
dobutamine/arbutamine - arrhythmias
Dobutamine and arbutamine produce stimulation of the beta receptors of the heart. The use of these agents has been associated with an increase in heart rate, ventricular ectopy, atrial fibrillation, hypertension, enhanced A-V conduction, and arrhythmias. Therapy with dobutamine or arbutamine should be administered cautiously in patients with cardiac conduction disorders.
- Bianchi C, Diaz R, Gonzales C, Beregovich J "Effects of dobutamine on atrioventricular conduction." Am Heart J 90 (1975): 474-8
- Kinder C, Chamberlain J, Kall J, Kopp D, Johnson M, Costanzo MR, Wilber D "Prognostic significance of sustained ventricular tachyarrhythmia occurring during dobutamine infusion." J Heart Lung Transplant 13 (1994): 1045-50
- "Product Information. Dobutrex (dobutamine)." Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- Tisdale JE, Patel R, Webb CR, Borzak S, Zarowitz BJ "Electrophysiologic and proarrhythmic effects of intravenous inotropic agents." Prog Cardiovasc Dis 38 (1995): 167-80
- Poldermans D, Fioretti PM, Boersma E, Forster T, Vanurk H, Cornel JH, Arnese M, Roelandt JRTC "Safety of dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography in patients with suspected or proven coronary artery disease." Am J Cardiol 73 (1994): 456-9
- Cohen A, Chauvel C, Benhalima B, Blanchard B "Complication of dobutamine stress echocardiography." Lancet 345 (1995): 201-2
- Baudhuin T, Marwick T, Melin J, Wijns W, D'Hondt AM, Detry JM "Diagnosis of coronary artery disease in elderly patients: safety and efficacy of dobutamine echocardiography." Eur Heart J 14 (1993): 799-803
- Picano E, Mathias W, Pingitore A, Bigi R, Previtali M "Safety and tolerability of dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography: a prospective, multicentre study." Lancet 344 (1994): 1190-2
- "Product Information. GenESA (arbutamine)." Gensia Inc, San Diego, CA.
- Previtali M, Lanzarini L, Fetiveau R, Poli A, Diotallevi P "Dobutamine-induced and spontaneous sustained ventricular tachycardia in recent myocardial infarction." Eur Heart J 17 (1996): 803-4
arbutamine drug Interactions
There are 135 drug interactions with arbutamine
arbutamine disease Interactions
There are 3 disease interactions with arbutamine which include:
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.