Drug Interactions between Metoprolol Succinate ER and Xarelto
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between Metoprolol Succinate ER and Xarelto. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
Metoprolol Succinate ER
A total of 474 drugs are known to interact with Metoprolol Succinate ER.
- Metoprolol succinate er is in the drug class cardioselective beta blockers.
- Metoprolol succinate er is used to treat the following conditions:
- Xarelto is in the drug class factor Xa inhibitors.
Xarelto is used to treat the following conditions:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis
- Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
Food can enhance the levels of metoprolol in your body. You should take metoprolol at the same time each day, preferably with or immediately following meals. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. Avoid drinking alcohol, which could increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking metoprolol. Metoprolol is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|