Drug Interactions between Metamucil Original Texture Regular and Milk of Magnesia
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Metamucil Original Texture Regular (psyllium)
- Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between Metamucil Original Texture Regular and Milk of Magnesia. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
Metamucil Original Texture Regular
A total of 29 drugs are known to interact with Metamucil Original Texture Regular.
- Metamucil original texture regular is in the drug class laxatives.
- Metamucil original texture regular is used to treat the following conditions:
Milk of Magnesia
- Milk of magnesia is in the following drug classes: antacids, laxatives.
- Milk of magnesia is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Metamucil Original Texture Regular (psyllium)
Psyllium may interact with other medications if given at the same time. This can cause your other medications to become less effective. In general, all oral medications should be administered at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after dosing of psyllium. Take psyllium with a full glass (at least 8 ounces) of cool water or another liquid. Taking psyllium without enough liquid may cause it to swell in the throat and cause choking.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|