Drug interactions between Mepron and Zithromax
Interactions between your drugs
- Mepron is in the drug class miscellaneous antibiotics.
- Mepron is used to treat the following conditions:
- Zithromax is a member of the drug class macrolides.
- Zithromax is used to treat the following conditions:
- Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention
- Bacterial Infection
- Chlamydia Infection
- COPD, Acute
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated
- Granuloma Inguinale
- Legionella Pneumonia
- Lyme Disease, Erythema Chronicum Migrans
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Prophylaxis
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Treatment
- Mycoplasma Pneumonia
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Otitis Media
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Pertussis Prophylaxis
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- STD Prophylaxis
- Typhoid Fever
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Mepron (atovaquone)
Food significantly enhances the absorption of atovaquone. You should take each dose of atovaquone at the same time each day with a meal or a milky drink. If you receive enteral nutrition (tube feeding), take atovaquone with your feeding. Taking it on an empty stomach may lead to inadequate blood levels and reduced effectiveness of the medication. Talk to your doctor if you have questions or have difficulty taking atovaquone with food.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.