Drug Interactions between Maalox Total Relief and sucralfate
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Maalox Total Relief (bismuth subsalicylate)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between Maalox Total Relief and sucralfate. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
Maalox Total Relief
A total of 125 drugs are known to interact with Maalox Total Relief.
- Maalox total relief is in the drug class antidiarrheals.
- Maalox total relief is used to treat the following conditions:
- Sucralfate is in the drug class miscellaneous GI agents.
- Sucralfate is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: sucralfate
When sucralfate is given with enteral (tube) feedings, the feeding tube may become clogged and/or sucralfate may not work as well. You could interrupt the feeding for 1 hour before and after the sucralfate dose. However, this still may not entirely avoid the interaction and may not always be feasible. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|