Drug interactions between Levaquin and Protonix
Interactions between your drugs
There were no interactions found in our database between Levaquin and Protonix - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Levaquin is in the drug class quinolones.
- Levaquin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Anthrax Prophylaxis
- Bacterial Infection
- Bladder Infection
- Chlamydia Infection
- Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted
- Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated
- Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated
- Kidney Infections
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Nosocomial Pneumonia
- Otitis Media
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Plague Prophylaxis
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Streptococcal Infection
- Tuberculosis, Active
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Protonix is a member of the drug class proton pump inhibitors.
- Protonix is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Levaquin (levofloxacin)
When levoFLOXacin as the oral solution is given with enteral (tube) feedings, levoFLOXacin may not work as well. You could interrupt the feeding for 1 hour before and 2 hours after the levoFLOXacin dose. However, this still may not entirely avoid the interaction and may not always be feasible. LevoFLOXacin oral tablets may be taken without regard to food. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.