Drug interactions between cinacalcet and ciprofloxacin
Interactions between your drugs
- Cinacalcet is in the drug class calcimimetics.
- Cinacalcet is used to treat the following conditions:
- Ciprofloxacin is a member of the drug class quinolones.
- Ciprofloxacin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Anthrax Prophylaxis
- Bacterial Infection
- Bladder Infection
- Bone infection
- Crohn's Disease
- Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis
- Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted
- Febrile Neutropenia
- Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated
- Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated
- Granuloma Inguinale
- Infection Prophylaxis
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Intraabdominal Infection
- Joint Infection
- Kidney Infections
- Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Treatment
- Nosocomial Pneumonia
- Plague Prophylaxis
- Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis
- Rabbit Fever
- Salmonella Enteric Fever
- Salmonella Gastroenteritis
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Surgical Prophylaxis
- Traveler's Diarrhea
- Tuberculosis, Active
- Typhoid Fever
- Urinary Tract Infection
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: ciprofloxacin
Do not take ciprofloxacin with dairy products such as milk or yogurt, or with calcium-fortified foods (e.G., cereal, juice). You may eat or drink dairy products or calcium-fortified foods with a regular meal, but do not use them alone when taking ciprofloxacin. They could make the medication less effective. When ciprofloxacin tablets are given with enteral (tube) feedings, ciprofloxacin may not work as well. You could interrupt the feeding for 1 hour before and 2 hours after the ciprofloxacin dose, or your doctor may decide to switch to a different treatment. Ciprofloxacin oral suspension should not be given via nasogastric tubes or feeding tubes. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Applies to: cinacalcet
Food can enhance the levels of cinacalcet in your body. Cinacalcet should be taken just after eating food. Do not take it on an empty stomach. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets. Swallow them whole.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.