Drug Interactions between Benicar and Crestor
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Benicar (olmesartan)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between Benicar and Crestor. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
- Benicar is in the drug class angiotensin receptor blockers.
- Benicar is used to treat the following conditions:
- Crestor is in the drug class statins.
Crestor is used to treat the following conditions:
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous
- High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIb, Elevated LDL VLDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III, Elevated beta-VLDL IDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IV, Elevated VLDL
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Benicar (olmesartan)
If you are taking olmesartan you should avoid potassium-containing salt substitutes or over-the-counter potassium supplements without first talking to your doctor. This can cause high levels of potassium in your blood. High levels of potassium can cause weakness, irregular heartbeat, confusion, tingling of the extremities, or feelings of heaviness in the legs. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|