ACTIFED Cold & Sinus MS Caplets (Pfizer Consumer Healthcare) Maximum Strength
(in each caplet) **/* Purposes:
500 mg .................................. Pain reliever/fever reducer
maleate 2 mg ............................................ Antihistamine
HCl 30 mg ..................................... Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever:
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- runny nose
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Do not use:
- with another product containing any of these active ingredients
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product:
- do not use more than directed
- drowsiness may occur
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- new symptoms occur
- symptoms do not improve
- you need to use more than 10 days
- fever occurs and lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 caplets
- take every 6 hours while symptoms persist
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at 59° to 77°F in a dry place
Inactive Ingredients: Calcium stearate, candelilla wax, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid, and titanium dioxide
Questions? call 1-800-223-0182 , Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM EST
Boxes of 20
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.