Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 16, 2021.
Generic name: telotristat ethyl 250mg
Dosage form: tablet
The recommended dosage of Xermelo in adult patients is 250 mg three times daily for patients whose diarrhea is inadequately controlled by SSA therapy.
- Take Xermelo with food [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3), Clinical Studies (14)].
- When short-acting octreotide is used in combination with Xermelo, administer short-acting octreotide at least 30 minutes after administering Xermelo [see Drug Interactions (7.3)].
- If a dose is missed, take the next dose at the regular time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
- Discontinue Xermelo if severe constipation develops [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
Frequently asked questions
More about Xermelo (telotristat)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: miscellaneous GI agents
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.