Generic name: telotristat ethyl 250mg
Dosage form: tablet
Medically reviewed on June 22, 2017.
The recommended dosage of Xermelo in adult patients is 250 mg three times daily for patients whose diarrhea is inadequately controlled by SSA therapy.
- Take Xermelo with food [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3), Clinical Studies (14)].
- When short-acting octreotide is used in combination with Xermelo, administer short-acting octreotide at least 30 minutes after administering Xermelo [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3), Clinical Studies (14)].
- If a dose is missed, take the next dose at the regular time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
- Discontinue Xermelo if severe constipation develops [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Xermelo (telotristat)
- Xermelo Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous GI agents