Generic name: .alpha.1-proteinase Inhibitor Human 1000mg in 20mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Drug class: Miscellaneous respiratory agents
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 5, 2022.
For intravenous use only.
- The recommended dose of PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is 60 mg/kg body weight administered intravenously once weekly.
- Dose ranging studies using efficacy endpoints have not been performed with any Alpha1-PI product.
- The carton and the label on each vial of PROLASTIN-C LIQUID show the actual amount of functionally active Alpha1-PI in milligrams (as determined by the capacity to neutralize porcine pancreatic elastase).
Preparation and Handling
- Allow unopened PROLASTIN-C LIQUID to warm up to room temperature before administration.
- Remove the plastic flip top from the vial.
- Swab the exposed stopper surface with alcohol and allow to dry.
- Inspect the PROLASTIN-C LIQUID visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to pooling. The product may contain a few protein particles. The solution is clear, colorless or pale yellow or pale green. Do not use if the product is discolored or cloudy.
- Pool PROLASTIN-C LIQUID from several vials to achieve the intended mg/kg body weight dose into an empty, sterile intravenous solution container using aseptic technique.
- Keep pooled solution at room temperature for administration within three hours.
- Discard unused portion.
- Visually inspect parenteral drug products for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. The product may contain a few protein particles. Do not use if discolored or cloudy.
- Filter the solution during administration using an intravenous administration set with a suitable 5 to 15 micron infusion filter (not supplied).
- Infuse PROLASTIN-C LIQUID separately, without mixing with other agents or diluting solutions.
- Infuse PROLASTIN-C LIQUID intravenously at 0.08 mL/kg/min as determined by patient response and comfort. The recommended dosage of 60 mg/kg takes approximately 15 minutes to infuse.
More about Prolastin-C (alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor)
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (3)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: miscellaneous respiratory agents
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.