Oxlumo Injection Dosage
Generic name: lumasiran 94.5mg in 0.5mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Drug class: Miscellaneous metabolic agents
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 11, 2022.
The recommended dosing regimen of OXLUMO consists of loading doses (monthly for 3 doses) followed by maintenance doses (beginning 1 month after the last loading dose) administered subcutaneously as shown in Table 1.
Dosing is based on actual body weight.
|Body Weight||Loading Dose||Maintenance Dose|
|Less than 10 kg||6 mg/kg once monthly for 3 doses||3 mg/kg once monthly, beginning 1 month after the last loading dose|
|10 kg to less than 20 kg||6 mg/kg once monthly for 3 doses||6 mg/kg once every 3 months (quarterly), beginning 1 month after the last loading dose|
|20 kg and above||3 mg/kg once monthly for 3 doses||3 mg/kg once every 3 months (quarterly), beginning 1 month after the last loading dose|
For Patients on Hemodialysis
Administer OXLUMO after hemodialysis if administered on dialysis days.
OXLUMO is intended for subcutaneous use and should be administered by a healthcare professional.
Visually inspect the drug product solution. Do not use if it contains particulate matter or if it is cloudy or discolored. OXLUMO is a sterile, preservative-free, clear, colorless-to-yellow solution. It is supplied in a single-dose vial, as a ready-to-use solution that does not require additional reconstitution or dilution prior to administration.
- Use aseptic technique.
- Divide injection volumes greater than 1.5 mL equally into multiple syringes.
- For volumes less than 0.3 mL, a sterile 0.3-mL syringe is recommended. If using a 0.3 mL (30 unit) insulin syringe, 1-unit markings indicate 0.01 mL.
- Administer subcutaneous injection into the abdomen, thigh, or the side or back of the upper arms. Rotate injection sites. Do not inject into scar tissue or areas that are reddened, inflamed, or swollen.
- If injecting into the abdomen, avoid the area around the navel.
- If more than one injection is needed for a single dose of OXLUMO, the injection sites should be at least 2 cm apart.
- Discard unused portion of the drug.
More about Oxlumo (lumasiran)
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: miscellaneous metabolic agents
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.