Generic name: Malathion 0.0005g in 1mL
Dosage form: lotion
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on July 10, 2020.
- Apply OVIDE Lotion on DRY hair in amount just sufficient to thoroughly wet the hair and scalp. Pay particular attention to the back of the head and neck while applying OVIDE Lotion. Wash hands after applying to scalp.
- Allow hair to dry naturally - use no electric heat source, and allow hair to remain uncovered.
- After 8 to 12 hours, the hair should be shampooed.
- Rinse and use a fine - toothed (nit) comb to remove dead lice and eggs.
- If lice are still present after 7 - 9 days, repeat with a second application of OVIDE Lotion.
Further treatment is generally not necessary. Other family members should be evaluated by a physician to determine if infested, and if so, receive treatment.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.