User Reviews for Permethrin

Also known as: Acticin, Elimite, Lice Bedding Spray, Lyclear, Nix, Nix Complete Lice Treatment System, Nix Cream Rinse, Nix Lice Control, Orange Medic Head Lice Treatment, Orange Medic Plus Head Lice Treatment, Pyrifoam Lice Breaker, Quellada Head Lice Treatment, Quellada Head Lice Treatment for Short Hair, Quellada Scabies Treatment, Ravine Anti-Lice Medicated Treatment, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Permethrin.

Scabies 8 reviews 13 medications

6.6
Head Lice 3 reviews 48 medications

Summary of Permethrin reviews 11 reviews 3.8

Reviews for Permethrin

For Scabies: "I recently used this cream and my itching has gotten much worse; however, half the bumps have done away in the past 14 hours."

ItchyCollegeKid (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

For Scabies: "I was misdiagnosed by a Dermatologist 5 and a half months ago. At first she just thought I had dry skin, then the next time, she said I have eczema and just gave me a cream to "fix it" within 1-2 weeks. I went back a month later trying to show her the rashes and bumps I had all over my body and the black dots and bumps I had on my hands. She barely even looked at me and just kinda smiled and said, "yes it's just eczema." I went back to her again, and every time she just kept giving me creams for eczema and psoriasis. I then got a second opinion and this Dermatologist still didn't diagnose me with scabies. THEN I finally found that I had scabies by doing research every single day. The Permethrin 5% has helped some but still NOT killed them."

Kel7 October 30, 2016

For Scabies: "I got scabies from I don't know where, since it can take up to 6 weeks b4 u show any signs. I had them on my hands, armpits, back, stomach, thighs and feet in about 1 week and half after the itching started. Went to the ER due to it being a weekend & the itching was driving me crazy, in triage the nurse said it looked like scabies and told me to go back to the waiting room, after about 20 minutes they called me to the back but only to get my script for permethrin & discharge papers. The next day I went and got medicine filled but had to user right before bedtime, the one I had was a big tube that I had to use while in the shower, I had to pat dry so not to remove medicine, it said to leave it on for 12 to 14 hrs. They were gone in 2 days."

BobTheExplorer (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2015

Nix Complete Lice Treatment System (permethrin) for Head Lice: "No it does not work any more! It stuns them for about 20. - 30 minutes then they crawl off again!"

BornNky (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Scabies: "I went to an Urgent Care facility in CA, because of this abnormal rash I had on my arms, chest, back, & back of neck including scalp.It was scabies, I was told to use the permethrin cream (2 applications 7 days apart) apply from neck to soles of feet each time. I followed all the proper precautions & although quite a bit of it has cleared up my left arm & back of my neck are still itching/burning and red and raw looking (not as much as before). I've also been using the bed bug spray on my mattress back at home & I wash my sheets every night w/ hot water & high heat dry cycle for hour & 30 mins. My scalp still itches & my neck let's out a watery liquid after a night of scratching. Using Zyrtec for allergic reaction no improvement. No insurance."

MiamiScabies September 11, 2015

Nix Complete Lice Treatment System (permethrin) for Head Lice: "Does NOT work. Tried it several times. Don't waste your money."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

Elimite (permethrin) for Scabies: "Well this is my first time having scabies. I have them on my face and really bad on my hands. I got the permethrin cream 5% it got rid of the scabies on my face and severely dried my skin out. I have not had any relief or improvement on my hands as of yet,i been putting the cream on my hands a few times a day but it does not seem to be working well at all."

Angie G (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

Nix Complete Lice Treatment System (permethrin) for Head Lice: "My toddler had lice, Dr's swore by this medication. However it did not work at all. "

oNziTo's mOmmY January 14, 2015

For Scabies: "HANDS DOWN the best stuff that doesn't require a prescription for scabies that cured me, my wife and kids. The ingredient is 4.9% permethrin so just under 5%."

ItchyMan (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2014

For Scabies: "As your doctor may direct, it's sometimes necessary to reapply permethrin one or two weeks after the initial treatment. "

Anonymous September 23, 2009

Elimite (permethrin) for Scabies: "I've had scabies several times, unfortunately, mainly due to travelling. Elimite is easy to use, but remember for the treatment to be effective you must disinfect ALL surfaces you have come into contact with. You must vacuum furniture, wash all bedding in HOT water with chlorine bleach or color safe bleach in addition to detergent. Clothing and shoes: when in doubt, throw it out. And make sure to have household members treated, or at least on the lookout if they develop symptoms."

Anonymous October 19, 2008

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate