User Reviews for Permethrin topical

Also known as: Elimite, Nix, Acticin, Nix Complete Lice Treatment System, Nix Cream Rinse, Lice Bedding Spray RID Home Lice Control Spray for Surfaces Nix Lice Control

Permethrin topical has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings on Drugs.com. 38% of those users who reviewed Permethrin topical reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Scabies
5.9
Head Lice
2.5
Summary of Permethrin topical reviews 5.1 22 reviews

Reviews for Permethrin topical

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2021

For Scabies: “It does not work I have tried it about 6 times washed all the beds disinfected every where washed my clothes at 60 degrees they still come back waste of money.”

Rm800realuser · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 25, 2020

For Scabies: “Very bad cream been used over 1 year including doctors suggestion can't find effective”

User from CA · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For Head Lice: “Permethrin 5% cream is what the doctor ordered for my 2 year old when I specifically asked for something that would kill the lice and eggs. I left it on my daughters head for an HOUR like ordered then rinsed it. I was looking through her hair after. I found 2 bugs so I put them on a toilet paper. Not even 3 seconds later, they were crawling SUPER fast off the toilet paper! Permethrin did NOTHING to them at all. Didn't slow them down one bit. I suggest buying Nix Ultra. Its dimethicone and kills them in 10 minutes.”

Anonymous October 19, 2008

Elimite (permethrin) for Scabies: “I've had scabies several times, unfortunately, mainly due to travelling. Elimite is easy to use, but remember for the treatment to be effective you must disinfect ALL surfaces you have come into contact with. You must vacuum furniture, wash all bedding in HOT water with chlorine bleach or color safe bleach in addition to detergent. Clothing and shoes: when in doubt, throw it out. And make sure to have household members treated, or at least on the lookout if they develop symptoms.”

wd · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2019

For Scabies: “I had a very severe case with what I thought were bites everywhere for several months. Finally researched it to figure it was scabies. So went to doctor and confirmed it and started on the Permethrin. The literature says one application usually eliminates the problem. NOT SO. The first app did nothing! A second in a few days at least relieved the itching---in the end 6 head to toe apps were needed for a month to finally eliminate most of the scabies, but another prescription of ivermectin was needed for two weeks to end it. So I would say you need both of these. Other remedies were even less effective so use these and be patient.”

BobTheExplorer · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2015

For Scabies: “I got scabies from I don't know where, since it can take up to 6 weeks b4 u show any signs. I had them on my hands, armpits, back, stomach, thighs and feet in about 1 week and half after the itching started. Went to the ER due to it being a weekend & the itching was driving me crazy, in triage the nurse said it looked like scabies and told me to go back to the waiting room, after about 20 minutes they called me to the back but only to get my script for permethrin & discharge papers. The next day I went and got medicine filled but had to user right before bedtime, the one I had was a big tube that I had to use while in the shower, I had to pat dry so not to remove medicine, it said to leave it on for 12 to 14 hrs. They were gone in 2 days.”

Kel7 October 30, 2016

For Scabies: “I was misdiagnosed by a Dermatologist 5 and a half months ago. At first she just thought I had dry skin, then the next time, she said I have eczema and just gave me a cream to "fix it" within 1-2 weeks. I went back a month later trying to show her the rashes and bumps I had all over my body and the black dots and bumps I had on my hands. She barely even looked at me and just kinda smiled and said, "yes it's just eczema." I went back to her again, and every time she just kept giving me creams for eczema and psoriasis. I then got a second opinion and this Dermatologist still didn't diagnose me with scabies. THEN I finally found that I had scabies by doing research every single day. The Permethrin 5% has helped some but still NOT killed them.”

MJK · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2019

For Scabies: “I used permethrin an it did nothing but make them spread to areas that I did not put the medication. Now it is making it worse. I have new patches growing and I'm so frustrated I would prefer laser over every effected area than this.”

HuffsEnd October 17, 2017

For Scabies: “Hi, we have a family farm in Kentucky. Populations of wild turkeys have increased exponentially in the 35 years that I've been clearing brush and walking the woods. The head of the infectious diseases department at the Cleveland Clinic patiently explained that the 25 different ticks had a 3 stage life, one of which was microscopic larvae that burrow into skin. I'm a northerner, so I'm more susceptible I've battled these critters for decades. Now a lot more people are affected.. This is a great medication to get rid of them. Used it 4-6 times a year for 20 yrs. No discernible side effects except the worst spots you do have to scratch open and reapply 2-3 times . please don't treat your patient like a pariah !! Thanks”

Itchy November 26, 2019

Lyclear (permethrin) for Scabies: “I reviewed this yesterday just after I applied it. Well last night I was still itching, I’m still slightly itchy this morning so I’m not 100% sure it’s even worked.( it takes up to a week to stop itching - even if it has got rid of the mites) I’m going to give it another couple of days and then go for another application so that will be another £10 spent on another tube. I have read online that DERBAC M is a better product. So I might try that one if this one Doesn’t work”

MiamiScabies September 11, 2015

For Scabies: “I went to an Urgent Care facility in CA, because of this abnormal rash I had on my arms, chest, back, & back of neck including scalp.It was scabies, I was told to use the permethrin cream (2 applications 7 days apart) apply from neck to soles of feet each time. I followed all the proper precautions & although quite a bit of it has cleared up my left arm & back of my neck are still itching/burning and red and raw looking (not as much as before). I've also been using the bed bug spray on my mattress back at home & I wash my sheets every night w/ hot water & high heat dry cycle for hour & 30 mins. My scalp still itches & my neck let's out a watery liquid after a night of scratching. Using Zyrtec for allergic reaction no improvement. No insurance.”

Angie G · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2015

Elimite (permethrin) for Scabies: “Well this is my first time having scabies. I have them on my face and really bad on my hands. I got the permethrin cream 5% it got rid of the scabies on my face and severely dried my skin out. I have not had any relief or improvement on my hands as of yet,i been putting the cream on my hands a few times a day but it does not seem to be working well at all.”

Scabby101 · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2019

Lyclear (permethrin) for Scabies: “Just applied lyclear scabies cream from my head to my toes, still itchy but not as bad as before the rash has come out more since applying the cream but already a slight improvement, the real test will be tonight as the itching is crazy at night! I don’t have really bad spots like my daughter in law as I’ve caught this from her but oh my last two nights have been so uncomfortable so hope this works will update in a week!”

Anonymous September 23, 2009

For Scabies: “As your doctor may direct, it's sometimes necessary to reapply permethrin one or two weeks after the initial treatment. ”

Beatriz · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2018

For Scabies: “This is garbage ( that is my experience with permethrin for scabies) It does not work!!!”

ItchyMan · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2014

For Scabies: “HANDS DOWN the best stuff that doesn't require a prescription for scabies that cured me, my wife and kids. The ingredient is 4.9% permethrin so just under 5%.”

steve marell December 23, 2017

For Scabies: “permethrin does not work. I have used it for three years and have not got rid of it”

ItchyCollegeKid · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2016

For Scabies: “I recently used this cream and my itching has gotten much worse; however, half the bumps have done away in the past 14 hours.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2015

Nix Complete Lice Treatment System (permethrin) for Head Lice: “Does NOT work. Tried it several times. Don't waste your money.”

oNziTo's mOmmY January 14, 2015

Nix Complete Lice Treatment System (permethrin) for Head Lice: “My toddler had lice, Dr's swore by this medication. However it did not work at all. ”

Ebc13 July 21, 2017

For Head Lice: “Just used and praying it actually works”

BornNky · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2015

Nix Complete Lice Treatment System (permethrin) for Head Lice: “No it does not work any more! It stuns them for about 20. - 30 minutes then they crawl off again!”