User Reviews for Malathion

Also known as: Ovide

Learn more about Malathion.

Head Lice 4 reviews 48 medications

Summary of Malathion reviews 4 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Malathion

For Head Lice: "My daughter had lice for over 3 months because of ineffective medications like RID and Nix. I must've spent hundreds of dollars on treatments. Finally, I took her to the doctor and he prescribed malathion (Ovide). Malathion kicked butt! After one treatment she was completely clear of lice. They just fell off dead. The smell was horrid but totally worth it!"

Stacey the Malathion Fan (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Ovide (malathion) for Head Lice: "My head was itching like crazy and I had a huge red rash on the back of my head so I went to the dermatologist to find out the source. Turns out I had head lice and a really bad case of it too! My derm. recommended OVIDE, and I applied it the second I got home. Within 5 minutes of applying it there were almost 20 louse bugs lying on my bathroom counter-dead. The smell was so strong i threw up (I also hadn't eaten all day) but was totally worth it :))"

EmmaLice August 3, 2016

Ovide (malathion) for Head Lice: "OVIDE ROCKS!! My 7 year old contracted lice from her school/daycare. I bought three lice shampoos from the pharmacy in addition to two cans of lice spray for my house and vehicle. To no avail., these treatments did not work and had to be done over and over again. I spent approx. $50.00 on the products and another $30.00 on cleaning supplies. I was fed up with spending so much money, so I took her to the doctor. Her pediatrician prescribed OVIDE and it completely killed all of the lice AND nits. When I rinsed it out 10 hours later, I combed through it only to find, partial flakes of dandruff (a possible side effect of OVIDE due to the dryness). NOTHING ELSE!! The smell is AWFUL but completely WORTH IT!"

Law Lover February 27, 2012

Ovide (malathion) for Head Lice: "Ovide is the best thing ever! 4 years ago and after a crash course in head lice the Dr prescribed RID. After 4 months, countless hours combing, washing clothes and $500 later to treat 4 children and the sprays for furniture, every week these roaches kept coming back (this amount don't include the extra expense that we incurred replacing clothes that finished in the garbage can after being washed in hot water). Finally I went back to see my children's Dr. and she prescribed Ovide. After the first treatment, no more head lice! 3 months ago my son got them again and off course my choice was Ovide hands down! Don't waste money on other products."

mely78 December 10, 2011