Maxitrol Ophthalmic Ointment Dosage
Generic name: NEOMYCIN SULFATE 3.5mg in 1g, POLYMYXIN B SULFATE 10000[USP'U] in 1g, DEXAMETHASONE 1mg in 1g
Dosage form: ophthalmic ointment
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Apply a small amount into the conjunctival sac(s) up to three or four times daily.
How to Apply MAXITROL (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment):
1. Tilt your head back.
2. Place a finger on your cheek just under your eye and gently pull down until a "V" pocket is formed between your eyeball and your lower lid.
3. Place a small amount (about 1/2 inch) of MAXITROL (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment) in the "V" pocket. Do not let the tip of the tube touch your eye.
4. Look downward before closing your eye.
Not more than 8 g should be prescribed initially and the prescription should not be refilled without further evaluation as outlined in PRECAUTIONS above.
More about Maxitrol (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: ophthalmic steroids with anti-infectives