Maxitrol Ophthalmic Ointment Dosage
Generic name: NEOMYCIN SULFATE 3.5mg in 1g, POLYMYXIN B SULFATE 10000[USP'U] in 1g, DEXAMETHASONE 1mg in 1g
Dosage form: ophthalmic ointment
Medically reviewed on December 18, 2017.
Apply a small amount into the conjunctival sac(s) up to three or four times daily.
How to Apply MAXITROL* (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment):
1. Tilt your head back.
2. Place a finger on your cheek just under your eye and gently pull down until a "V" pocket is formed between your eyeball and your lower lid.
3. Place a small amount (about ½ inch) of MAXITROL (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment) in the "V" pocket. Do not let the tip of the tube touch your eye.
4. Look downward before closing your eye.
Not more than 8 g should be prescribed initially and the prescription should not be refilled without further evaluation as outlined in PRECAUTIONS above.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Maxitrol (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic)
- Maxitrol Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: ophthalmic steroids with anti-infectives
- Maxitrol (Neomycin, Polymyxin B, and Dexamethasone Eye Drops)
- Maxitrol (Neomycin, Polymyxin B, and Dexamethasone Eye Ointment)
- Maxitrol (Advanced Reading)