Maxitrol Ophthalmic Ointment Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 14, 2021.
Apply a small amount into the conjunctival sac(s) up to three or four times daily.
How to Apply MAXITROL® (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment):
1. Tilt your head back.
2. Place a finger on your cheek just under your eye and gently pull down until a "V" pocket is formed between your eyeball and your lower lid.
3. Place a small amount (about ½ inch) of MAXITROL (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment) in the "V" pocket. Do not let the tip of the tube touch your eye.
4. Look downward before closing your eye.
Not more than 8 g should be prescribed initially and the prescription should not be refilled without further evaluation as outlined in PRECAUTIONS above.
More about Maxitrol (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (1)
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Generic availability
- En español
- Drug class: ophthalmic steroids with anti-infectives
- Drug Information
- Maxitrol (Advanced Reading)
- Maxitrol (Neomycin, Polymyxin B, and Dexamethasone Eye Drops)
- Maxitrol (Neomycin, Polymyxin B, and Dexamethasone Eye Ointment)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.