Generic name: regadenoson 0.08mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Medically reviewed on May 9, 2018.
The recommended dose of LEXISCAN is 5 mL (0.4 mg regadenoson) administered as an intravenous injection within 10 seconds.
- Patients should be instructed to avoid consumption of any products containing methylxanthines, including caffeinated coffee, tea or other caffeinated beverages, caffeine-containing drug products, aminophylline and theophylline for at least 12 hours before a scheduled radionuclide MPI [see Drug Interactions (7.1) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.2)].
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Do not administer LEXISCAN if it contains particulate matter or is discolored.
- Administer LEXISCAN as an intravenous injection within 10 seconds into a peripheral vein using a 22 gauge or larger catheter or needle.
- Administer a 5 mL saline flush immediately after the injection of LEXISCAN.
- Administer the radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging agent 10–20 seconds after the saline flush. The radionuclide may be injected directly into the same catheter as LEXISCAN.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Lexiscan (regadenoson)
- Lexiscan Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 13 Reviews
- Drug class: cardiac stressing agents
- FDA Alerts (1)