Generic name: CROTAMITON 100mg in 1g
Dosage form: cream, lotion
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 30, 2019.
In Scabies: Thoroughly massage into the skin of the whole body from the chin down, paying particular attention to all folds and creases. A second application is advisable 24 hours later. Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next morning. A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application.
In Pruritus: Massage gently into affected areas until medication is completely absorbed. Repeat as needed.
LOTION: Shake well before using.
DIRECTIONS FOR PATIENTS WITH SCABIES:
- Take a routine bath or shower. Thoroughly massage Eurax cream or lotion into the skin from the chin to the toes including folds and creases.
- Put Eurax cream or lotion under fingernails after trimming the fingernails short, because scabies are very likely to remain there. A toothbrush can be used to apply the Eurax cream or lotion under the fingernails. Immediately after use, the toothbrush should be wrapped in paper and thrown away. Use of the same brush in the mouth could lead to poisoning.
- A second application is advisable 24 hours later.
- A 60 gram tube or bottle is sufficient for two applications.
- Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next day. Contaminated clothing and bed linen may be dry-cleaned, or washed in the hot cycle of the washing machine.
- A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Eurax (crotamiton topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: topical anti-infectives