Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 18, 2023.
The recommended dose of Elitek is 0.2 mg/kg as a 30-minute intravenous infusion daily for up to 5 days. Dosing beyond 5 days or administration of more than one course is not recommended.
- Elitek must be reconstituted with the diluent provided in the carton.
- Reconstitute the 1.5 mg vial of Elitek with 1 mL of diluent. Reconstitute the 7.5 mg vial of Elitek with 5 mL of diluent. Mix by swirling gently. Do not shake or vortex.
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Discard solution if particulate matter is visible or product is discolored.
Further Dilution and Administration
- Administer Elitek as an intravenous infusion only:
- Inject the calculated dose of reconstituted Elitek solution into an infusion bag containing the appropriate volume of 0.9% sterile sodium chloride, to achieve a final total volume of 50 mL.
- Infuse over 30 minutes through a separate line or flush line with at least 15 mL of normal saline prior to and after Elitek infusion.
- Do not use filters during infusion of reconstituted Elitek drug product.
- Store reconstituted or diluted solution at 2°C–8°C.
- Discard unused product solution 24 hours following reconstitution.
More about Elitek (rasburicase)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: antihyperuricemic agents
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.