Pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine Disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine:
Pneumococcal 23 valent vaccine (applies to pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine) cardiovascular disease
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applicable conditions: Pulmonary Heart or Vascular Disease
Caution and appropriate monitoring should be exercised when administering pneumococcal 23 valent vaccine to individuals with severely compromised cardiovascular and/or pulmonary function in whom a systemic reaction would pose a significant risk.
Vaccines (inactivated)/toxoids (applies to pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine) immunodeficiency
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility.
The expected serum antibody responses may not be obtained when vaccines and/or toxoids are administered to patients with primary or acquired immunodeficiency, including those with severe combined immunodeficiency, hypogammaglobulinemia or agammaglobulinemia, HIV infection, altered immune states (due to diseases such as leukemia, lymphoma, or generalized malignancy), or immunosuppression due to drug or other treatments (e.g., corticosteroids, alkylating agents, antimetabolites, or radiation).
- "Product Information. Fluzone Influenza Vaccine (influenza virus vaccine)." Connaught, Swiftwater, PA.
- "Product Information. Omnihib (haemophilus b conjugate vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed (tetanus toxoid)." Aventis Pasteur Inc, Swiftwater, PA.
- "Product Information. Typhim Vi (typhoid vaccine)." Connaught, Swiftwater, PA.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Infectious Diseases; Peter G, ed. "Red BooK: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. 24th" Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics (1997):
- "Product Information. Engerix-B (hepatitis B vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Plague Vaccine (plague vaccine)." Greer Laboratories Inc, Lenoir, NC.
- "Product Information. Pneumovax 23 (pneumococcal vaccine, polyvalent)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Havrix (hepatitis A vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Menomune-A/C/Y/W-135 (meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine)." Connaught, Swiftwater, PA.
Pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine drug interactions
There are 227 drug interactions with pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine
More about pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 13 Reviews
- Drug class: bacterial vaccines
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|