User Reviews for Pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine

Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis
3.4

Reviews for Pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine

skunkduo January 8, 2017

Pneumovax 23 (pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Got that drug in April 2016 , felt sick that day at work. My left shoulder where I got that shot ache so much that night made me sleepless and aching. Took two days off as I was so sick. Cramps and pain in my shoulder where I got the shot. My shoulder have been aching every day and night constantly since I got that shot. My left arm shoulder straight down to my fingers hurt so bad I can not find a comfortable position to rest my arm and it has gotten worst and unbearable since April of 2016. At times my arm feels dead, cramp,burning, pain to the left side of my neck, weakness and burning pains at strategic sections of my arm, upper left half of my body .XRAY done- Symptoms worst over 8-Mth”

Vigo February 18, 2018

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “A few hours after the injection I developed a painful hard lump at the injection site. It was red and very hot. By 12 hours later I was having neck pain, sore muscles and painful joints. The next day I was so sore all over that I couldn't even get out of bed. My arm was too sore to lift it over my head. I took Advil in the morning with no effect so I switched to Aleve later in the day and began to feel better right away. 48 hours after the injection I was feeling normal again except for my arm. The soreness was getting better but the itching was awful and the redness had spread down the back of my arm to my elbow.”

Barb August 14, 2018

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Fever, chills, chest & back pain plus slight dizzy feeling. Before taking this pneumonia 23 vaccine the person should be advised of side effects. I'm on the 5th day & I am still quite ill! Would not advise anyone to subject themselves to this. Have never had any reaction to a vaccine until now”

JLT · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2021

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I had a flu vaccine in left arm and pneumovax in right on 1/23/21. I have never experienced this much pain from a vaccine before. About 6 hours after the injection my arm started getting hot and hard at injection site. That night I couldn't sleep at all because of the fever, chills and pain. I was afraid I had a bad reaction and needed to go to the emergency room. I have alternated Tylenol with ibuprofen every 4 hours but doesn't help much. It's still very sore and I hope it gets better each day. I would not advise anyone to get this injection unless absolutely necessary and no alternative. If I had been advised that I would have this much pain no way would I have subjected myself to this.”

Tmos October 28, 2015

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I got the injection on a Thursday and it was very sore hard to lift things and I got chills along with back pain also the following Tuesday I was at work and I got this intense itchy feeling at the injection site when I checked it I had a huge red hard half dollar size welt on the injection site. When I checked it again on wed. I saw it had doubled in size. I have been icing it and going to see my doctor if I wake up this Thursday and it still hurts and has gotten larger”

Silver Locks · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2015

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I had this injected into my right arm that had a complete shoulder replacement surgery two months prior. I experienced very sore and stiff muscle tissue for several weeks, which effected my recovery in physical therapy. In hindsight I would have opted for an injection in another area of the body if it were offered at the time. I didn't need this slowing down my progress at this time.”

Bee August 23, 2020

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I had pneumococcal vaccine 1 week ago and I continue to be tired and weak, fever , chills. I have never felt this awful from a vaccine. Also I have felt very sore in my muscles and arms even though the injection was in my thigh!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 15, 2017

Pneumovax 23 (pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Sore at injection site and a little stiffness in muscle around injection site, but no other symptoms. I have had two of these in 6 years. Had asthma and pneumonia as a child, and this is much better than all of the breathing issues I faced before. I am 65 now preparing for the newest vaccine (Prevnar 13) and follow-up shot in one year.”

LuLuT · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2021

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I received this vaccine yesterday. I have a partially functioning spleen due to a spleen injury in 2018 so the dr recommended me getting it when it is due. The only side effect I am having is I’m extremely tired. Have been since a few hours after receiving the vaccine. I’m going to get a nap in today.”

sky June 7, 2019

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “After this I was very sick, could not talk, high fever, pain all over. I don't think I will be taking it again. Sick for 7 days .”

MichelleJne January 12, 2016

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Aching all over, fever, head ache, can not move my arm feels as if out of socket. Feel flu symptoms. .”

Stoney larue September 10, 2015

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Created very painful side effects. Extremely swollen upper arm, feverish arm, very painful! ”

Anonymous January 28, 2021

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “I experienced pain in my right arm swelling. And redness all around my arm!!! Very painful still having them? I should have told me all Side effects before it was given to me!!!”

Ubetcha April 24, 2021

Pneumovax 23 (pneumococcal 23-polyvalent vaccine) for Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis: “Yesterday I got 23 the second in a series. No arm pain but uncontrollable chills, hyperventilating, nausea, headache and exhausted. Day 2 not much better, here’s to a better day 3”