User Reviews for Zolmitriptan

7.9

Summary of Zolmitriptan reviews 7.9 130 reviews

Reviews for Zolmitriptan

JackRabbit · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2019

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I've been dependent on Zomig for ~ 6 or 7 years for food-related migraine - every time my system rejects another food - 1st was chocolate and now it's grown to ~ 25 things. I am thinking onion powder is the newest ... tyramine in onion powder? Or is it rebound? How long between dose of Zomig and a rebound migraine?"

Dydhjj · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2019

For Migraine: "I’ve always had pretty severe chronic mixed tension migraines (more characteristics of tension than migraine) and was on Imitrex for years and it suddenly quit working. Started generic Zomig 2.5mg disintegrating tablets a month ago and they are a miracle! I have absolutely no side effects except feeling slightly slower than usual. Slightly euphoric as well, but no other side effects at all. I do notice they work quicker when taking them like a regular pill versus putting them on your tongue so I just take it with water. I use 8-9 a month and without them, I’m not sure where I’d be!"

CDAE · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "This medicine made me feel like I was going to have a stroke!"

Tinyfire April 3, 2019

For Cluster Headaches: "I have had chromic migraines and cluster headaches for years. This month I was having multiple auras a day and was bedridden for the entire month. I was at my wits end, thinking about ending my life because I can't live like this anymore. I also have fibromyalgia and multiple other diagnoses and these migraines are just too much on top of everything else. Very low quality of life until I started this med. I experience about 1-2 hours of side effects, they improve if I eat and take an anti nausea pill. Once that time is up I'll still feel a little achey and puffy throat and slight remaining nausea, these side effects are a cake walk when compared to the daily suffering and excruciating migraines. Highly recommend; just be prepared for intense initial side effects, stay calm, eat a piece of toast and ride it out. I feel hope for the first time in a long time and am grateful to be able to get on with my life!"

Meg · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 14, 2019

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I've been taking zomig for about ten years. I have chronic migraines and take around 6 - 8 a month. Works better than Imitrex for me. Side effects for me include tingles, burning feeling when drinking hot liquid or showering, heavy feeling like pressure on my chest. But if I wake up with a migraine I can take a pill and be at work (kinda duh but there) by nine. Life changing medication. I'm Canadian so zomig brand is 6 for $117 and generic is 6 for $42, and works just as well. Covered by insurance so no cost to me either way."

Sage · Taken for 10 years or more January 23, 2019

Zomig-ZMT (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have been taking this for years & it has saved my life. I have daily migraines & have had them all my life due to several causes I won’t go into. Zomig ZMT 5 mg is the only thing that works for me. Not in 20 mins like others said, may take 2 hrs in the dark but it does work & nothing else does. My problem is that in 2018 I started having trouble getting it. Astra Zeneca used to make a generic that was the same through Impax. Cost me about $400 per month for 30. Impax has discontinued it. Now to get that amount of Zomig it is about $6,800. No formularies carry it. The only thing Zomig can find is the garbage from India which is not the same at all & works zero percent of the time. This was the only thing that kept me functioning & I am very scared. I have been taking rizotriptan (Maxalt) from Costa Rica. I have to take at least twice as much of it & it still does not work very well. "

Tez · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 23, 2019

For Migraine: "After 5 years of trying literally every drug prescribed by GP and neurologist this is an absolute miracle. Migraines which were so frequent and severe accompanied by constant vomiting (and lots of crying) that they made it impossible to hold down a job, go on holiday or plan anything at all, are now 9 times out of 10 knocked on the head (pun intended) by this wonder drug. I use the nasal spray which I've found works best if taken at the first sign. Also lying down helps to keep the medication in the nasal passages where it's absorbed quicker. If you throw up with migraines, don't hesitate to try it. I hope it works for you as well as it has for me. Life restored to normal. It stings a bit and tastes nasty but a small price to pay fur such miraculous relief!"

MM January 13, 2019

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Great for getting rid of migraine. Chest and throat feel a bit tight. Maybe some tingling effects and a bit europhic. Night sweats but maybe it's not the triptan?"

Emma · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2019

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "When I would get migraines, I would be nauseous, throw up, in bed 24 hours and then suffer the next day from aches and not eating the whole day before. Only a fellow migraine sufferer knows. Also since the digestive system doesn't work well when you have a migraine, NOTHING oral worked for me. Zomig helps soooo much with the pain, the only side effect I have is sleepiness and of course the burning in the back of your throat, but Nothing compared to migraine pain. It is worth trying, the only thing is since I started taking it I have been getting more migraines and headaches but they was less severe and they end earlier, like I can be out of bed by the late afternoon, which had never previously happened. So read up be careful, have someone care for you when you first take it so you can be safe. God be with you."

Anonymous January 11, 2019

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered from chronic cluster headaches/migraines for about 30 years now. I’ve been taking Zomig 5mg nasal spray for about 6 years now after trying more medications than I can possibly think of. It has saved my life, my headaches used to control everything I did . It works at least 9 out of 10 times within 15-20 minutes after taken. There are rare occasions when my migraine is to far along and it doesn’t work. The only side effect I have is some burning in my nose and bad taste in my throat. If these are the only things I have to endure to get rid of one of my agonizing headaches I’ll gladly live with it. I’m surprised at some of the side effects I’ve read from others. I have never experienced any of them except from the migraine itself. I say this because they have always to happened to me even before I ever took Zomig. The only big drawback is the ridiculous cost. I have a very hard time getting insurance to pay or allow a sufficient quantity."

Richard · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 28, 2018

For Migraine: "The horror of migraine with a pounding headache, the nausea, incessant retching,inability to sleep, sensitivity all over and photo sensitivity were dramatically reduced when I took this 2.5mg tablet. Within 20 minutes a significant decrease in symptoms and finally the ability to sleep and recover from the exhaustion. You will still be incapacitated for the next 24 hours and weak, but this is a miracle drug."

AuroraKitty · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "This medication (only one dose) caused me to have temporary COMPLETE paralysis AND blindness for 3-4 hours following administration. I was scared to death. My neurologist who didn’t even bother to note the fact that I was on two other antidepressants handed me samples and I assumed it was safe. I thought I was having a stroke. It probably isn’t the drug as much as the doctor I saw but I will never take a drug again that has Stroke, Heart Attack, or DEATH as a side effect."

JGiam · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "This medication makes my migraine feel worse. For the first hour after I took it my sinuses were on FIRE and then I laid down to go to sleep feeling like my heart was pounding and I could actually HEAR my blood pumping. The headache intensified and I thought I MADE IT WORSE which I didn't think was possible. I just woke up (after waking up 4 times throughout the night) and I feel so groggy and shaky that I am worried about driving to work. Won't be taking this again."

Bo · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 21, 2018

For Migraine: "I have had severe migraines for years and have taken many medications for this and nothing worked.nThen one day my Neurologist gave me ZOLMITRIPTAN 0.05 mg . I take it at the onset of my migraine. I tell you I am 66 year young lady and I call this my Miracle med. It works within 20 minutes every time. What a Life saver for me. I wanted to die with the suffering before and now what a blessing in disguise I am no longer in pain or fear as long as I have my Zolmitriptan. I wanted to state my only side effects were sensitive sensation to hot water and a little tightness in my throat but that was all. Thank you for giving back my life with the help of Zolmitriptan."

alou September 13, 2018

For Migraine: "On a positive note this does stop the migraine headache within an hour ( I took a 2.5mg tablet as it wasn’t a mega migraine) however the side effects weren’t great. I took this tablet at school because I had a migraine come on and laid down for about an hour in a dark room. Do not expect to be able to go back to school/work once you’ve taken one of these. I stood up to leave and go back to class and almost fell over with dizziness, not to mention nausea and needing to urinate 3 times within 30 mins. Nonetheless I walked down a corridor to tell the nurse I was going back to class and everything was loud and I couldn’t think straight, as well as muscle stiffness. The nurse started speaking to me but I just couldn’t really understand her. Another 30 mins and the confusion + sensitivity to sound does decrease but it’s now the next day and I still have nausea and a stiff neck, I suppose you just have to decide whether the migraine or the side effects are worse."

Geotracy August 12, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have been suffering with migraines for 20 years, ever since Zomig came out problem solved!! Every time!!! For about 15 years now I have been relieved of my migraines every time."

Han · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 31, 2018

For Cluster Headaches: "I have been using the nasal spray for 2 years now. when I first began getting migraines I literally had to stop everything I was doing and go to bed. This brought on anxiety quite significantly, I'd go out and worry constantly that if I got a migraine I wasn't close enough to home and that would ultimately ruin the rest of my day. They impacted on my relationship, work and also my social life because I never wanted to do anything in fear of getting a migraine and needing to be close to my bed and a dark and quiet room. My migraines are gone within 30 minutes with the nasal spray and it really has changed my life. I dread the day my body becomes too used to it and it loses its effectiveness. I can honestly say I've had no adverse side effects from medication that I can notice."

Hahahahaha · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Took the 2.5 disintegrating tab at first symptom and it helped. It helped me without any side effects."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Not as good as imitrex for me"

Connie · Taken for 10 years or more July 4, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I've been taking Zomig for 16 years. 5mg dose is too much and one should eat before taking. It has always eliminated my migraine within 30 minutes. Sometimes I have some muscle soreness and weakness for a short while afterwards. The tradeoff is not a bad one."

Gracie June 30, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I’ve had headaches (stress headaches not necessarily migraines) for YEARS! My upper back, shoulders, neck and whole head hurt and nothing helped except for Zomig. Every medical professional told me to “stop stressing”! I always said “Do you think I like feeling this way!”. "

Debbie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 31, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "It only works about half of the time. I’m also very reluctant to use it and often delay using it longer than I should and it would probably be more effective if I used it earlier. I’m a chronic & cluster migraines and can’t afford the cost of $400/month. I think the cost is extremely unacceptable and the government should be negotiating prices for medications. I’m on disability, having both parts A&B the f Medicare. In addition we pay out of pocket for the most expensive supplemental medical & pharmacy insurance."

Jen · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 14, 2018

For Migraine: "I have been on many different types of triptans! Only has the treatment of using Zomig 5mg has completely stopped the migraine and the auras as well! I will still have the horrific pain experience for at least the next 3 days!! I feel like I have been having my head beaten by a solid lead pipe for hours!! I get severe nausea! I can’t stand the smell of anything and I get very high anxiety over these many years of having migraines ! As I had a total hysterectomy in my 30’s my migraines have actually gotten worse and now all weather conditions can and do bring on sudden migraines! And very bright indoor lights as well as sun reflective sunlight off of passing cars!! So I must stay close to my home when I am driving around by myself!!"

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Thought I was having a stroke as the migraine was the worst I’ve ever had, severe nausea, unbearable pain and rapid heart rate etc. Took a 2.5mg tablet and was able to sleep within 25 mins and when I woke up just over an hour later I felt human again. Did have some shooting pains in chest after 20 mins but as far as side effects go, it’s not the worst. Personally, it’s given me some quality of life back as my migraines are chronic."

Lilbird · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I received a free sample of the zomig 5mg nasal spray tried it after an onset of a migraine and it intensified it 5 times and elevated my blood pressure, it turned a moderate migraine into a mega migraine within minutes...throbbing pain, neck stiffness..the sound of my own voice was too loud, had to sit in my office for 2 hours in the dark before attempting to drive home, will not try again."