User Reviews for Zolmitriptan

Also known as: Zomig, Zomig-ZMT

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zolmitriptan.

Cluster Headaches

1 review 35 medications
Migraine
7.9

Summary of Zolmitriptan reviews 8.5 104 reviews

Reviews for Zolmitriptan

For Migraine: "Takes away severity or migraine within a few hours. Side effects are sensitivity to tastes (sweet and sour in particular) and sometimes a strange sensation to back of neck. I hate the taste of it and cannot let tablet melt on tongue as makes me gag."

Bobbygecko November 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I’m not gonna lie, the side effects can seriously suck... but they’re very temporary. I get a rancid taste in my mouth as well as increased heart rate (which, for someone with a preexisting heart condition, is not ideal) HOWEVER these only happen for maybe a half hour after taking the spray, and for the first time in over ten years I actually have something that not only halts the migraine in its tracks (whether I’m in the aura stage or even in the beginning of a serious attack) but let’s me actually continue on with work and not have to debilitate me to the point of needing to go to bed for the rest of the day. I take this in combination with Zofran, and I feel like a completely new person within an hour of taking it. This is the best."

cyaneyes95 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered with migraines for 20 years & without Zomig I would have missed out on many things in life. There are side effects such as spaced out feeling, dry mouth, increased urine which only last few hours after taking medication. But would rather have minor side effects & live my life without always being in pain."

Thankgod for Zomig November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I take 2.5mg and have taken it for 14 years. It does stop the pain in 15 minutes but I feel like I have the flu after and lately a lot of bladder pain, urinary infections every 6 months and urinating a lot with loss of urinary control. I am 65 years old and have had migraines forever. Does anyone experience bladder issues? Is it because i have been on it so long and it is hurting the bladder?"

peta girl (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig-ZMT (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "This pill is a miracle. Yes I suffer every side effect everyone else listed and it's worth it. This pill works for me in 20 minutes and it works every time. I can 6 hours into the migraine and poof it's gone. As with most: Taste sensitive Sore muscles Still muscles Mild dizziness It messes with my sleep schedule And I notice a huge increase in heart rate at the gym the next day. All that might seem like it's debilitating, but I am telling you it's so much better than the alternative and other medications fail me entirely. Please try this medication if others are failing you because this stuff is livable"

12 Migraines a Month (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "The pain completely subsided after about an hour and a half but I'm not sure the side effects were worth it... dizziness, drowsiness, unable to speak, numbness. Unsure if I would take again."

_mich August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "For me, they work. However this week I had to take three and this weekend has left me very tired with a strong desire to just curl up and sleep, even though the last one I took was three days ago. I'm getting the same sensation as if I took one tablet just this morning, like the chemical can't get out of my blood stream."

sedfo August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "My life has changed for the better since being prescribed zolmitriptan. I no longer 'suffer' from migraines. Now when a migraine comes on I take a tablet and (usually) my head is clear after a couple of hours. After suffering for years I am so grateful to this drug. I haven't experienced any side-effects whatsoever."

Chesterwoman (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Works well eliminating migraine within an hour. Side effects are increased urination for 2 hours. Increased heartbeat for 2 hours."

Trika (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I was diagnosed with migraines when I was in 3rd grade that's been forever ago since I am now 39. I take Topamax as my daily regimen to help not have them as much. They have tried me on ALL KINDS of medicine to help once I start to get the migraine and almost nothing works and I end up sick for days. The reaction I had to Zomig was the worst thou, I took the pill the first time and my then fiance ran to the store leaving me home with my infant daughter (she's 17 now) when he returned he found me blue & unresponsive on the floor it was a nightmare. I was rushed to the ER and well here I am but clearly it didn't work for me. Now I take Rizatriptan Benzoate self dissolving I have side effects but at least I'm breathing."

Libplus3 (taken for 10 years or more) July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "It may take almost 2 hours, but it always works! This medicine has never failed me, and I'm using it for almost 20 years. Side effects - Sometimes nothing, sometimes extreme fatigue. My recommendation: go take a nap 45 - 60 minutes after taking it. You'll wake up with no remains of the migraine attack."

Arnim June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I've had menstrual migraines since my late teens. I also have an aspirin allergy, so my pain relief was going to urgent care & getting phenergan shots with codeine. The pain didn't stop, it just allowed me to sleep. Then a fellow migraine sufferer told me about zomig. It's a miracle. I take 5 mg as soon as I feel the "migraine feeling" and lay down in a dark room. 2 hours later I take another. I'm good for 24 hours, I can function. Go to work. Run my house, etc. I then take one more, since my migraines are anywhere from 3-4 days. This is the first medicine that actually wipes my migraine out & not just dulls it. My side affects are: dry mouth, fatigue, foggy head, tingling feet & legs. But hey....I'd take those any day over a migraine!"

TXgirl4 May 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Been taking Zomig for about a year for common migraines (without aura, I think). I never know if a serious migraine is coming on, but Zomig seems to work for it all. I break the 5mg pill in half at first if it's not bad, then take a whole 5mg pill if I wake up to a headache the next day. My headaches used to last 2-5 days switching sides. Imetrex seemed to work but it made my arms and chest feel heavy. Zomig has less side effects and seems to work just as well. I do have a few side effects, but I associate them with relief so they don't really bother me. A pill will put me out and I'll sleep really well, my skin gets sensitive to temperature (showers will sting a little), and as soon as the headache subsides I'll feel a little euphoric."

Sinemgil (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "Have had migraines for decades and tried imitrex before but didn't help. I get minor relief from Bayer's Back & Body (aspirin+caffeine pill). Recently asked my doc about trying a different triptan and he suggested zolmitriptan since imitrex didn't help. Next migraine I took 1 Bayer and 1/2 the 5 mg zolmitriptan pill with gatorade. Two hours later my migraine was decreasing instead of increasing but was still in pain so I took the other 1/2 of the 5 mg pill and was surprised to see my migraine decrease until it was gone and I was able to sleep through the night without migrainain pain. Now I take the entire 5 mg at once with bayer and gatorade once I notice symptoms and it decreases my migraines from 24+ hrs of hell to around 6 tolerable hours."

PMic (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "An amazing drug Zomitriptan.It clears my headache in 20 mins.I realise how much I need this drug having suffered with Migraine for a 24 hr period. I am doing a tour of the world at age 58 yrs old. I ran out of this drug in Australia. Had to pay over one hundred dollars to see a Dr and pay for two tabs on prescription. I get six tabs a month on a free prescription in Scotland. Missing home."

cupcake from the UK May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Maxalt did nothing and oral sumatriptan stopped working so I tried Zomig spray. I followed the directions exactly and still got a ton of product dripping down the back of my throat (which is normal). Either my migraine kept getting worse of the Zomig made it worse. Either way, this did not work for me."

LLB4 May 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "First time trying this , have had headaches for ever that last 3 days, usually sumatriptan spray worked great but insurance doesn't want to give me enough and it's more money than the pill , I'm hoping the pill will work cuz it was only $10!"

Double00 March 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig-ZMT (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I Suffered with dreadful Migraine ever since I was around 11 years old, so bad my arm used to be paralysed and speech was severely affected with almost stroke like symptoms, I had so much time off school and also my places of employment in later life and I had to cancel shows, trips out etc.At the age of 57 I was prescribed Zomig and it changed my life, I only need a quarter of a tablet and after 40 minutes I feel fine and the only side effect is a slight sensitivity to hot drinks and hot water which wears off after an hour or so .I can't believe all those years I have suffered and the way Migraine ruled my life. I am 69 years old this year and whilst I feel happy to be cured,I feel I have been robbed of many years."

T H Ford March 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "The nasal spray is amazing, pills no where as good. Insurance wants you to try the pill first. The spray is a miracle."

Logdog March 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Been diagnosed with chronic migraine for years now, and been struggling with these for a,long time..I had Tomapax as my maintenance and i take it everyday 2x a day, and if it triggers I have to take zomig.. but we've been changing my migraine pills every single time coz it doesn't help. I am sick and tired with migraine.."

Day_C January 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have been having migraines since I was very young and now 60. I found I couldn't travel anywhere and couldn't go out in the sun. I've have been taking zomig for 4 years and usually it just stops my migraine straight away must admit it has given me my life back . But yesterday while I was driving a long distance it came on quick And zomig didn't work as well, I think I took it to late, when I finaly got home in agony all the side afects started I felt realy ill my throat closed and pain shot around my neck and back. Hopefully this won't happen again."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I havent found any medication that helps with my migraines. Zomig caused me to experience a heat flash which lasted about an hour. Onset of neck stiffness not as bad as prior triptan medications used but still limited activities. Stinging and increased sensitivity in nose, mouth, and throat similar to sinus pressure. Semi-painful. Glands sensitive to taste and makes everything "sour" reaction. Liquid felt in nose and mouth for an hour or so. Bad aftertaste and dizzyness. Had to lay down and take a nap and side effects were still felt 24 hours later."

Bad side effects (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I had severe migraines with the heavy, intense pain and vomiting for about 8 years. Tried everything. Somethings worked after a few hours but that is a long time if you are in extreme pain and vomiting. My nureologist gave me samples of Zomeg 2.5 and 5 mg. The 5 mg completely takes the migraines away within a half hour. I don't have any side effects with this. This is the first migraine medicine that I can take and actually eventually finish my day. It is expensive but if your doctor takes the time to explain everything else you have tried and this seems to be the only option, usually your insurance will cover it then. This has give me life back and I don't fear so much about migraines as I used to."

Kim St December 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I began experiencing migraines in my early teens. By early 20's I had tried almost every medicine made without relief. My migraines are hormone related and predictable. For 3 days during my menstrual cycle and another 3 days during ovulation. Without any relief I would end up in emergency room, miss work and honestly feel like I wanted to die. I couldn't move, I would throw up and nothing would help. I would literally be in bed in a dark room without moving for 3 days every 2 weeks. All I have to say is Thank God for zomig!!! It was life changing. Within 30 to 40 minutes of taking zomig I could resume my normal activities as if the debilitating migraine never existed."

Headaches no more (taken for 10 years or more) December 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "This drug has changed my life. My migraines used to leave me in pain for days along with vomiting, sensitivity to light etc. the nasal spray works within half hour and usually provides full relief. I cant even believe it- migraine gone. Leaves me w a sore throat but i dont mind it. First couple of times it made me sleepy but i got used to it. Zomig allows me to move on with my life instead of living my life in pain. If you are debating, definitely give this a try!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2016