User Reviews for Zolmitriptan

Migraine
7.9

Summary of Zolmitriptan reviews 8.0 116 reviews

Reviews for Zolmitriptan

For Migraine: "On a positive note this does stop the migraine headache within an hour ( I took a 2.5mg tablet as it wasn’t a mega migraine) however the side effects weren’t great. I took this tablet at school because I had a migraine come on and laid down for about an hour in a dark room. Do not expect to be able to go back to school/work once you’ve taken one of these. I stood up to leave and go back to class and almost fell over with dizziness, not to mention nausea and needing to urinate 3 times within 30 mins. Nonetheless I walked down a corridor to tell the nurse I was going back to class and everything was loud and I couldn’t think straight, as well as muscle stiffness. The nurse started speaking to me but I just couldn’t really understand her. Another 30 mins and the confusion + sensitivity to sound does decrease but it’s now the next day and I still have nausea and a stiff neck, I suppose you just have to decide whether the migraine or the side effects are worse."

alou September 13, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have been suffering with migraines for 20 years, ever since Zomig came out problem solved!! Every time!!! For about 15 years now I have been relieved of my migraines every time."

Geotracy August 12, 2018

For Cluster Headaches: "I have been using the nasal spray for 2 years now. when I first began getting migraines I literally had to stop everything I was doing and go to bed. This brought on anxiety quite significantly, I'd go out and worry constantly that if I got a migraine I wasn't close enough to home and that would ultimately ruin the rest of my day. They impacted on my relationship, work and also my social life because I never wanted to do anything in fear of getting a migraine and needing to be close to my bed and a dark and quiet room. My migraines are gone within 30 minutes with the nasal spray and it really has changed my life. I dread the day my body becomes too used to it and it loses its effectiveness. I can honestly say I've had no adverse side effects from medication that I can notice."

Han (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Took the 2.5 disintegrating tab at first symptom and it helped. It helped me without any side effects."

Hahahahaha (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Not as good as imitrex for me"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I've been taking Zomig for 16 years. 5mg dose is too much and one should eat before taking. It has always eliminated my migraine within 30 minutes. Sometimes I have some muscle soreness and weakness for a short while afterwards. The tradeoff is not a bad one."

Connie (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I’ve had headaches (stress headaches not necessarily migraines) for YEARS! My upper back, shoulders, neck and whole head hurt and nothing helped except for Zomig. Every medical professional told me to “stop stressing”! I always said “Do you think I like feeling this way!”. "

Gracie June 30, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "It only works about half of the time. I’m also very reluctant to use it and often delay using it longer than I should and it would probably be more effective if I used it earlier. I’m a chronic & cluster migraines and can’t afford the cost of $400/month. I think the cost is extremely unacceptable and the government should be negotiating prices for medications. I’m on disability, having both parts A&B the f Medicare. In addition we pay out of pocket for the most expensive supplemental medical & pharmacy insurance."

Debbie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2018

For Migraine: "I have been on many different types of triptans! Only has the treatment of using Zomig 5mg has completely stopped the migraine and the auras as well! I will still have the horrific pain experience for at least the next 3 days!! I feel like I have been having my head beaten by a solid lead pipe for hours!! I get severe nausea! I can’t stand the smell of anything and I get very high anxiety over these many years of having migraines ! As I had a total hysterectomy in my 30’s my migraines have actually gotten worse and now all weather conditions can and do bring on sudden migraines! And very bright indoor lights as well as sun reflective sunlight off of passing cars!! So I must stay close to my home when I am driving around by myself!!"

Jen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Thought I was having a stroke as the migraine was the worst I’ve ever had, severe nausea, unbearable pain and rapid heart rate etc. Took a 2.5mg tablet and was able to sleep within 25 mins and when I woke up just over an hour later I felt human again. Did have some shooting pains in chest after 20 mins but as far as side effects go, it’s not the worst. Personally, it’s given me some quality of life back as my migraines are chronic."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I received a free sample of the zomig 5mg nasal spray tried it after an onset of a migraine and it intensified it 5 times and elevated my blood pressure, it turned a moderate migraine into a mega migraine within minutes...throbbing pain, neck stiffness..the sound of my own voice was too loud, had to sit in my office for 2 hours in the dark before attempting to drive home, will not try again."

Lilbird (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

Zomig-ZMT (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Zomig nasal spray is a lifesaver. My migraine is gone within 20 minutes and I don't get any side effects of oral Triptans like I used to. I used to need to go to bed for the rest of the day when taking a triptan, but the nasal spray bypasses the stomach and I don't have those weird side effects anymore! Love it!"

KCrig February 9, 2018

For Migraine: "Takes away severity or migraine within a few hours. Side effects are sensitivity to tastes (sweet and sour in particular) and sometimes a strange sensation to back of neck. I hate the taste of it and cannot let tablet melt on tongue as makes me gag."

Bobbygecko November 24, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I’m not gonna lie, the side effects can seriously suck... but they’re very temporary. I get a rancid taste in my mouth as well as increased heart rate (which, for someone with a preexisting heart condition, is not ideal) HOWEVER these only happen for maybe a half hour after taking the spray, and for the first time in over ten years I actually have something that not only halts the migraine in its tracks (whether I’m in the aura stage or even in the beginning of a serious attack) but let’s me actually continue on with work and not have to debilitate me to the point of needing to go to bed for the rest of the day. I take this in combination with Zofran, and I feel like a completely new person within an hour of taking it. This is the best."

cyaneyes95 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered with migraines for 20 years & without Zomig I would have missed out on many things in life. There are side effects such as spaced out feeling, dry mouth, increased urine which only last few hours after taking medication. But would rather have minor side effects & live my life without always being in pain."

Thankgod for Zomig November 15, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I take 2.5mg and have taken it for 14 years. It does stop the pain in 15 minutes but I feel like I have the flu after and lately a lot of bladder pain, urinary infections every 6 months and urinating a lot with loss of urinary control. I am 65 years old and have had migraines forever. Does anyone experience bladder issues? Is it because i have been on it so long and it is hurting the bladder?"

peta girl (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2017

Zomig-ZMT (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "This pill is a miracle. Yes I suffer every side effect everyone else listed and it's worth it. This pill works for me in 20 minutes and it works every time. I can 6 hours into the migraine and poof it's gone. As with most: Taste sensitive Sore muscles Still muscles Mild dizziness It messes with my sleep schedule And I notice a huge increase in heart rate at the gym the next day. All that might seem like it's debilitating, but I am telling you it's so much better than the alternative and other medications fail me entirely. Please try this medication if others are failing you because this stuff is livable"

12 Migraines a Month (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 7, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "The pain completely subsided after about an hour and a half but I'm not sure the side effects were worth it... dizziness, drowsiness, unable to speak, numbness. Unsure if I would take again."

_mich August 15, 2017

For Migraine: "For me, they work. However this week I had to take three and this weekend has left me very tired with a strong desire to just curl up and sleep, even though the last one I took was three days ago. I'm getting the same sensation as if I took one tablet just this morning, like the chemical can't get out of my blood stream."

sedfo August 12, 2017

For Migraine: "My life has changed for the better since being prescribed zolmitriptan. I no longer 'suffer' from migraines. Now when a migraine comes on I take a tablet and (usually) my head is clear after a couple of hours. After suffering for years I am so grateful to this drug. I haven't experienced any side-effects whatsoever."

Chesterwoman (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 14, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Works well eliminating migraine within an hour. Side effects are increased urination for 2 hours. Increased heartbeat for 2 hours."

Trika (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I was diagnosed with migraines when I was in 3rd grade that's been forever ago since I am now 39. I take Topamax as my daily regimen to help not have them as much. They have tried me on ALL KINDS of medicine to help once I start to get the migraine and almost nothing works and I end up sick for days. The reaction I had to Zomig was the worst thou, I took the pill the first time and my then fiance ran to the store leaving me home with my infant daughter (she's 17 now) when he returned he found me blue & unresponsive on the floor it was a nightmare. I was rushed to the ER and well here I am but clearly it didn't work for me. Now I take Rizatriptan Benzoate self dissolving I have side effects but at least I'm breathing."

Libplus3 (taken for 10 years or more) July 9, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "It may take almost 2 hours, but it always works! This medicine has never failed me, and I'm using it for almost 20 years. Side effects - Sometimes nothing, sometimes extreme fatigue. My recommendation: go take a nap 45 - 60 minutes after taking it. You'll wake up with no remains of the migraine attack."

Arnim June 25, 2017

For Migraine: "I've had menstrual migraines since my late teens. I also have an aspirin allergy, so my pain relief was going to urgent care & getting phenergan shots with codeine. The pain didn't stop, it just allowed me to sleep. Then a fellow migraine sufferer told me about zomig. It's a miracle. I take 5 mg as soon as I feel the "migraine feeling" and lay down in a dark room. 2 hours later I take another. I'm good for 24 hours, I can function. Go to work. Run my house, etc. I then take one more, since my migraines are anywhere from 3-4 days. This is the first medicine that actually wipes my migraine out & not just dulls it. My side affects are: dry mouth, fatigue, foggy head, tingling feet & legs. But hey....I'd take those any day over a migraine!"

TXgirl4 May 21, 2017

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Been taking Zomig for about a year for common migraines (without aura, I think). I never know if a serious migraine is coming on, but Zomig seems to work for it all. I break the 5mg pill in half at first if it's not bad, then take a whole 5mg pill if I wake up to a headache the next day. My headaches used to last 2-5 days switching sides. Imetrex seemed to work but it made my arms and chest feel heavy. Zomig has less side effects and seems to work just as well. I do have a few side effects, but I associate them with relief so they don't really bother me. A pill will put me out and I'll sleep really well, my skin gets sensitive to temperature (showers will sting a little), and as soon as the headache subsides I'll feel a little euphoric."

Sinemgil (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017