User Reviews for Zolmitriptan

Also known as: Zomig, Zomig-ZMT

Learn more about Zolmitriptan.

Cluster Headaches 1 reviews 35 medications

Migraine 86 reviews 81 medications

7.9
Summary of Zolmitriptan reviews 87 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Zolmitriptan

Zomig-ZMT (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I Suffered with dreadful Migraine ever since I was around 11 years old, so bad my arm used to be paralysed and speech was severely affected with almost stroke like symptoms, I had so much time off school and also my places of employment in later life and I had to cancel shows, trips out etc.At the age of 57 I was prescribed Zomig and it changed my life, I only need a quarter of a tablet and after 40 minutes I feel fine and the only side effect is a slight sensitivity to hot drinks and hot water which wears off after an hour or so .I can't believe all those years I have suffered and the way Migraine ruled my life. I am 69 years old this year and whilst I feel happy to be cured,I feel I have been robbed of many years."

T H Ford March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "The nasal spray is amazing, pills no where as good. Insurance wants you to try the pill first. The spray is a miracle."

Logdog March 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Been diagnosed with chronic migraine for years now, and been struggling with these for a,long time..I had Tomapax as my maintenance and i take it everyday 2x a day, and if it triggers I have to take zomig.. but we've been changing my migraine pills every single time coz it doesn't help. I am sick and tired with migraine.."

Day_C January 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have been having migraines since I was very young and now 60. I found I couldn't travel anywhere and couldn't go out in the sun. I've have been taking zomig for 4 years and usually it just stops my migraine straight away must admit it has given me my life back . But yesterday while I was driving a long distance it came on quick And zomig didn't work as well, I think I took it to late, when I finaly got home in agony all the side afects started I felt realy ill my throat closed and pain shot around my neck and back. Hopefully this won't happen again."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I havent found any medication that helps with my migraines. Zomig caused me to experience a heat flash which lasted about an hour. Onset of neck stiffness not as bad as prior triptan medications used but still limited activities. Stinging and increased sensitivity in nose, mouth, and throat similar to sinus pressure. Semi-painful. Glands sensitive to taste and makes everything "sour" reaction. Liquid felt in nose and mouth for an hour or so. Bad aftertaste and dizzyness. Had to lay down and take a nap and side effects were still felt 24 hours later."

Bad side effects (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I had severe migraines with the heavy, intense pain and vomiting for about 8 years. Tried everything. Somethings worked after a few hours but that is a long time if you are in extreme pain and vomiting. My nureologist gave me samples of Zomeg 2.5 and 5 mg. The 5 mg completely takes the migraines away within a half hour. I don't have any side effects with this. This is the first migraine medicine that I can take and actually eventually finish my day. It is expensive but if your doctor takes the time to explain everything else you have tried and this seems to be the only option, usually your insurance will cover it then. This has give me life back and I don't fear so much about migraines as I used to."

Kim St December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "I began experiencing migraines in my early teens. By early 20's I had tried almost every medicine made without relief. My migraines are hormone related and predictable. For 3 days during my menstrual cycle and another 3 days during ovulation. Without any relief I would end up in emergency room, miss work and honestly feel like I wanted to die. I couldn't move, I would throw up and nothing would help. I would literally be in bed in a dark room without moving for 3 days every 2 weeks. All I have to say is Thank God for zomig!!! It was life changing. Within 30 to 40 minutes of taking zomig I could resume my normal activities as if the debilitating migraine never existed."

Headaches no more (taken for 10 years or more) December 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "This drug has changed my life. My migraines used to leave me in pain for days along with vomiting, sensitivity to light etc. the nasal spray works within half hour and usually provides full relief. I cant even believe it- migraine gone. Leaves me w a sore throat but i dont mind it. First couple of times it made me sleepy but i got used to it. Zomig allows me to move on with my life instead of living my life in pain. If you are debating, definitely give this a try!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Acute migraine sumatriptan & lyrica not helping after yrs of use. Zomig 5mg spray given . Frequent urination pressure on bladder constant (so unable to go out) Blood in urine? To Question with dr yet. Very heavy fatigue just random fall asleep .rapid heart beat Diffulty swallowing hurt . Bit of sore throat further dwn throat. Short lived chest pain traveled to chest bone left side when bedtime? Speech , foggy head , thinking worsened. Dizziness (was already experiencing) Still woke during night with bad head (so cannot use) But these are manageable because better than the migraine. Could it be possible to spray 1st dose and take 2nd evening hour or 2 before bed instead of 2hrs after the initial. Terrible after taste ."

Fairymaid (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Zomig has been the most helpful triptan in aborting a migraine. The only negative side effects are frequent urination after taking the drug and extreme drowsiness."

Soapmaker68 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Experienced bad adverse effect with tablets. No problem with nasal spray"

Me63 July 22, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I Was given zomig nasal spray as a test prescription from my doc. She said the nasal spray works really quickly and may be a good alternative to my max alt. I should have stuck with my instincts. After 10 years of migraines and numerous medications max alt always works. I tried the spray, it did act fast. I felt better within a half hour! But now four hours later and my migraine is back and worse than before:( I may try one more time but so far I am not impressed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Normally my migraines take a few hours to go from the inkling I'm getting one to full blown vomiting and feeling like my body is turning inside out with chills and sweating etc. After taking this at the inkling stage within mins I was throwing up and it had become a full blown migraine. It clearly ramped it up! "

Corrine G June 25, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "This medication has pretty much saved my sanity. Got diagnosed with migraine 2 years ago after having one so bad doctor thought I was having a stroke. Started off getting migraines at 4 or 5 a month but am now up to 9 in a 13 day period so am being investigated for triggers etc but zolmitriptan has been amazing every time. Guess I'm the lucky one not getting side effects per se but I already suffer from CFS/ME so wouldn't notice extra fatigue anyway. I get this on a UK prescription at 12 tablets each time so maybe £UK18.00 per month."

An9el June 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "This has been a life changer. I get 2-3 bad migraines a month that last usually over a day or two, and it would make me completely non functional. The great thing is that this medicine works fast, and completely takes away the splitting pain. The side effects the first two times were sleepiness and a pretty sore throat and face, but since then they've been extremely mild and almost unnoticable. Please try it, it's worth it"

Anonymous May 14, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "I have had migraines since my 20's and took zomig last night for the first time only to wake up like I had RA. My joints to both hands were in so much pain I could hardly get dress or hold a purse. Additionally, my hips were in pain. I do not reccommend this drug to anyone. I know migraines can be debilitating but taking zomig to maybe cause RA or any type of an autoimmune disease is definitely not worth it. I never write any reviews but I found others should be aware of side effects."

Lehla May 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "After suffering years of migraines, and using IMIGRAN which did not work for me, finally decided to use the nasal spray for migraines. Really works well when it wants to, but sometimes if the migraine is really bad it won't do anything. I get bad side effects such as a swollen tounge and really sore and sensitive mouth, but would rather that than a migraine, so is good overall."

jjgm41 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "Within 30 minutes of taking my first dose of Zolmitriptan I felt like someone had "head-butted" me my face. I suffered with severe head ache in my face and in the back of neck for the next hour and a half. The only relief was to add pressure on my sinuses and lay down so I could close my eyes. I will never take this drug again. There goes 158.00 down the drain!"

Anonymous March 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have been taking zomig for a couple of years. It definitely takes my migraines away but my skin and muscle hurt every time. I have to plan showering around it. Today I had a very bad reaction after going on a very brisk 2 mile walk. My face and skin were flush, nauseous and hyper sensitivity to light. Migraine came back w a vengeance. Felt somewhat like heat stroke which isn't possible as it's 70 degrees. Almost went to hospital. Iced my head and rested. Finally feeling better. Note to self.. Do not exert myself on this medication!"

Anonymous February 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "I was having terrible migraines, tried most of the over-the-counter medicine, and some other prescribed by my doctor until I got to Zolmitriptan... It always work, within a 30 minutes to 60 minutes of taking it, effectively dissolving the whole migraine every-time. It works as every medicine should, and I don't have no obvious side-effects, I already urinated a lot ( saw how some people said they urinated more because of this ) so I may have that side-effect without even knowing it. But in any case, going to the bathroom a few times more versus having a migraine is a no-brainer of a choice :) I take the generic version which is usually worth 36.99$ for 6 2.5mg pills. But fortunately it is 100% covered by my job's insurance."

P-L Leonard (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have tried everything - way too much otc medicines and several prescriptions which wouldn't touch the headache This drug is a miracle. Knocks out what would be a debilitating migraine in 30 to 60 minutes. I can even go back to work once it kicks in. I'm worried because I'm entering menopause and they recommend not taking it due to heart worries once you hit menopause, but I don't want to go back to the dark days where migraines would keep me in a dark room in bed for an entire day. Side effects are a sore throat/painful swallowing and increased urination, but it is a small price to pay for relief."

migrainemaine (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "This is the only medicine for migraine that actually works for me. The only side effect I have noticed is skin sensitivity to hot/warm water."

Voluntaryist (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "Usually works well but this time, I'm on my 7th day of a Migraine. I've had migraines the since I was 13. Now 43. My biggest problem is I have Fibromyalgia all day when I have to take it. ..especially more than one time in a 24 hour period. .. I can hardly move. My Body is sensitive to EVERYTHING. Water, Pressure, touch, even pressure from laying in bed or sitting in chair. It is excruciating. I go from a constant daily pain level of an 8 to a 10. It usually lasts about 3 days after I stop taking it. But, Zomig,Relpax,Imitrex,Midrin...all of them do it. I think it is all Triptan Meds. I can't get rid of this for nothing and am violently vomiting and my Body hurts so so bad that I don't know what to do."

TruelyTinkPixie (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 24, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Given two of the 5 mg in nasal spray form ( at neurologist for my Rxs that control my 20 year history of cervical dystonia). Was on my second day of latest sinus headache the neuros always insist are migraines. Had them since I was a small child and they are sinus related. Spray did nothing. I got rid of it by eating hot mashed potatoes with three or more tablespoons of crushed hot pepper flakes. That was over an hour and a half of the non effective 5 mg Zomig. Hot spicy food worked instantly. Happy for those it works for...but I've often conquered mine with two gel cap ibuprofen. And or a damp hand towel in a plastic grocery bag heated in microwave and put on forehead. Mine are more stubborn over 50 years. Try other things 1st"

10tantoes September 4, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine: "I have suffered from chronic Migrain since I was about 6 years old, I am now 20 and have been using zolmitriptan for a little over 2 years. This prescription has changed my life for the better! My migraines controlled my life, I could never make plans to do anything because I wasn't sure If I was going to get a migrain attack or not, and with my luck 8 times out of 10 I did. The first time I look zolmitriptan I was going on my 2 day of a horrible migrain, as soon as I swallowed the disolving pill my migrain was gone!I find that I get better results in releaving a migrain if I take the pill right when I feel one coming.Some side effects for me is-fatigue, frequent urination, hunger and naeousia but we'll worth the side effects in my opinion."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2015