User Reviews for Zolmitriptan

Also known as: Zomig, Zomig-ZMT

Learn more about Zolmitriptan.

Cluster Headaches 1 reviews 35 medications

Migraine 79 reviews 81 medications

7.9
Summary of Zolmitriptan reviews 80 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Zolmitriptan

For Migraine: "This drug has changed my life. My migraines used to leave me in pain for days along with vomiting, sensitivity to light etc. the nasal spray works within half hour and usually provides full relief. I cant even believe it- migraine gone. Leaves me w a sore throat but i dont mind it. First couple of times it made me sleepy but i got used to it. Zomig allows me to move on with my life instead of living my life in pain. If you are debating, definitely give this a try!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Acute migraine sumatriptan & lyrica not helping after yrs of use. Zomig 5mg spray given . Frequent urination pressure on bladder constant (so unable to go out) Blood in urine? To Question with dr yet. Very heavy fatigue just random fall asleep .rapid heart beat Diffulty swallowing hurt . Bit of sore throat further dwn throat. Short lived chest pain traveled to chest bone left side when bedtime? Speech , foggy head , thinking worsened. Dizziness (was already experiencing) Still woke during night with bad head (so cannot use) But these are manageable because better than the migraine. Could it be possible to spray 1st dose and take 2nd evening hour or 2 before bed instead of 2hrs after the initial. Terrible after taste ."

Fairymaid (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Zomig has been the most helpful triptan in aborting a migraine. The only negative side effects are frequent urination after taking the drug and extreme drowsiness."

Soapmaker68 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Experienced bad adverse effect with tablets. No problem with nasal spray"

Me63 July 22, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I Was given zomig nasal spray as a test prescription from my doc. She said the nasal spray works really quickly and may be a good alternative to my max alt. I should have stuck with my instincts. After 10 years of migraines and numerous medications max alt always works. I tried the spray, it did act fast. I felt better within a half hour! But now four hours later and my migraine is back and worse than before:( I may try one more time but so far I am not impressed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Normally my migraines take a few hours to go from the inkling I'm getting one to full blown vomiting and feeling like my body is turning inside out with chills and sweating etc. After taking this at the inkling stage within mins I was throwing up and it had become a full blown migraine. It clearly ramped it up! "

Corrine G June 25, 2016

For Migraine: "This medication has pretty much saved my sanity. Got diagnosed with migraine 2 years ago after having one so bad doctor thought I was having a stroke. Started off getting migraines at 4 or 5 a month but am now up to 9 in a 13 day period so am being investigated for triggers etc but zolmitriptan has been amazing every time. Guess I'm the lucky one not getting side effects per se but I already suffer from CFS/ME so wouldn't notice extra fatigue anyway. I get this on a UK prescription at 12 tablets each time so maybe £UK18.00 per month."

An9el June 11, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "This has been a life changer. I get 2-3 bad migraines a month that last usually over a day or two, and it would make me completely non functional. The great thing is that this medicine works fast, and completely takes away the splitting pain. The side effects the first two times were sleepiness and a pretty sore throat and face, but since then they've been extremely mild and almost unnoticable. Please try it, it's worth it"

Anonymous May 14, 2016

For Migraine: "I have had migraines since my 20's and took zomig last night for the first time only to wake up like I had RA. My joints to both hands were in so much pain I could hardly get dress or hold a purse. Additionally, my hips were in pain. I do not reccommend this drug to anyone. I know migraines can be debilitating but taking zomig to maybe cause RA or any type of an autoimmune disease is definitely not worth it. I never write any reviews but I found others should be aware of side effects."

Lehla May 14, 2016

For Migraine: "After suffering years of migraines, and using IMIGRAN which did not work for me, finally decided to use the nasal spray for migraines. Really works well when it wants to, but sometimes if the migraine is really bad it won't do anything. I get bad side effects such as a swollen tounge and really sore and sensitive mouth, but would rather that than a migraine, so is good overall."

jjgm41 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

For Migraine: "Within 30 minutes of taking my first dose of Zolmitriptan I felt like someone had "head-butted" me my face. I suffered with severe head ache in my face and in the back of neck for the next hour and a half. The only relief was to add pressure on my sinuses and lay down so I could close my eyes. I will never take this drug again. There goes 158.00 down the drain!"

Anonymous March 11, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have been taking zomig for a couple of years. It definitely takes my migraines away but my skin and muscle hurt every time. I have to plan showering around it. Today I had a very bad reaction after going on a very brisk 2 mile walk. My face and skin were flush, nauseous and hyper sensitivity to light. Migraine came back w a vengeance. Felt somewhat like heat stroke which isn't possible as it's 70 degrees. Almost went to hospital. Iced my head and rested. Finally feeling better. Note to self.. Do not exert myself on this medication!"

Anonymous February 20, 2016

For Migraine: "I was having terrible migraines, tried most of the over-the-counter medicine, and some other prescribed by my doctor until I got to Zolmitriptan... It always work, within a 30 minutes to 60 minutes of taking it, effectively dissolving the whole migraine every-time. It works as every medicine should, and I don't have no obvious side-effects, I already urinated a lot ( saw how some people said they urinated more because of this ) so I may have that side-effect without even knowing it. But in any case, going to the bathroom a few times more versus having a migraine is a no-brainer of a choice :) I take the generic version which is usually worth 36.99$ for 6 2.5mg pills. But fortunately it is 100% covered by my job's insurance."

P-L Leonard (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2016

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I have tried everything - way too much otc medicines and several prescriptions which wouldn't touch the headache This drug is a miracle. Knocks out what would be a debilitating migraine in 30 to 60 minutes. I can even go back to work once it kicks in. I'm worried because I'm entering menopause and they recommend not taking it due to heart worries once you hit menopause, but I don't want to go back to the dark days where migraines would keep me in a dark room in bed for an entire day. Side effects are a sore throat/painful swallowing and increased urination, but it is a small price to pay for relief."

migrainemaine (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2015

For Migraine: "This is the only medicine for migraine that actually works for me. The only side effect I have noticed is skin sensitivity to hot/warm water."

Voluntaryist (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2015

For Migraine: "Usually works well but this time, I'm on my 7th day of a Migraine. I've had migraines the since I was 13. Now 43. My biggest problem is I have Fibromyalgia all day when I have to take it. ..especially more than one time in a 24 hour period. .. I can hardly move. My Body is sensitive to EVERYTHING. Water, Pressure, touch, even pressure from laying in bed or sitting in chair. It is excruciating. I go from a constant daily pain level of an 8 to a 10. It usually lasts about 3 days after I stop taking it. But, Zomig,Relpax,Imitrex,Midrin...all of them do it. I think it is all Triptan Meds. I can't get rid of this for nothing and am violently vomiting and my Body hurts so so bad that I don't know what to do."

TruelyTinkPixie (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 24, 2015

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "Given two of the 5 mg in nasal spray form ( at neurologist for my Rxs that control my 20 year history of cervical dystonia). Was on my second day of latest sinus headache the neuros always insist are migraines. Had them since I was a small child and they are sinus related. Spray did nothing. I got rid of it by eating hot mashed potatoes with three or more tablespoons of crushed hot pepper flakes. That was over an hour and a half of the non effective 5 mg Zomig. Hot spicy food worked instantly. Happy for those it works for...but I've often conquered mine with two gel cap ibuprofen. And or a damp hand towel in a plastic grocery bag heated in microwave and put on forehead. Mine are more stubborn over 50 years. Try other things 1st"

10tantoes September 4, 2015

For Migraine: "I have suffered from chronic Migrain since I was about 6 years old, I am now 20 and have been using zolmitriptan for a little over 2 years. This prescription has changed my life for the better! My migraines controlled my life, I could never make plans to do anything because I wasn't sure If I was going to get a migrain attack or not, and with my luck 8 times out of 10 I did. The first time I look zolmitriptan I was going on my 2 day of a horrible migrain, as soon as I swallowed the disolving pill my migrain was gone!I find that I get better results in releaving a migrain if I take the pill right when I feel one coming.Some side effects for me is-fatigue, frequent urination, hunger and naeousia but we'll worth the side effects in my opinion."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2015

For Migraine: "i find this medication works wanders only downside is hypersensitive to Luke warm water feels like I'm standing under boiling water but I find within 30-60 minuets my migraines are gone with some drowsiness"

Dan1990 August 6, 2015

For Migraine: "I find this medicine (Sandoz Zomitriptan 2.5mg ODT) to help allot with the stopping of coming migraine. The only thing is I have trouble with is the fact that I can't tell weather or not it's going to be a migraine. I take it anyways. Causes some drowsiness"

JudasRoy July 31, 2015

For Migraine: "The only migraine medication that has worked for me is this one. Side effects for me personally: Increased urination (paler than usual), skin sensitivity (notice when getting into bath), 'floaty' feeling and feeling a bit weaker than usual. Other than this the headache usually goes within an hour and a half or so. For me it's worth the side effects. This could be coincidence but I'm also mentioning here that I have started to suffer from tinnitus as my ears ring a lot more now (coincidence?) since taking this medication about 7 years ago. Just an observation, as this has never been listed as a side effect."

Jonboy1 July 23, 2015

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I started with the 2.5 mg dose and neurologist increased it to 5mg due to the severity of my migraines. This medicine makes me itch horribly. I drove my son nuts last night, making him check my bed every few minutes because I just knew there were bugs crawling on me. I haven't stopped scratching, I probably look like I have scabies or something. I need to find out if I can take a benedryl with this. Also, I'm on the fence about this medicine as it doesn't always work for me."

metrogirl July 7, 2015

Zomig (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "First time taking the spray & it's horrible. It made me vomit, made my migraine worse, my nose feels weird & hurts & I want to fall asleep. Horrible!"

sameenak2k15 May 28, 2015

For Migraine: "Just wonderful. Having suffered from migraines for years a friend put me on to this. I now no longer suffer from migraines because I take a tablet when I feel one coming on and it prevents it. What a life-changer. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny. Now been using it for over four years."

Elizabeth E May 4, 2015

Zomig-ZMT (zolmitriptan) for Migraine: "I've suffered from migraines for over 20 years. Various treatments have worked over the years but lose their effectiveness after certain amount of time. Zomig has helped me tremendously because of the various methods of delivery. I'll take the nasal spray & when that stops working after a few months, I'll switch to the tablets. While this product does work, it sometimes can take a second dose before I get relief. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all. It really depends on how soon I take it. Like someone else said in a previous review, sometimes I don't realize it's going to be a migraine. I do still get regular headaches and using my migraine medicine on those, in my opinion, can be wasteful. Especially at the price you have to pay for it."

Seeramoni April 28, 2015