User Reviews for Warfarin to treat Pulmonary Embolism, First Event

Also known as: Coumadin, Jantoven

Warfarin has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Pulmonary Embolism, First Event. 71% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Warfarin Rating Summary

9.0/10 average rating

Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Pulmonary Embolism, First Event.

Shortbread 53 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2019

“Have been on warfarin for about 10 years now ever since being in a coma for 2 weeks on life support on the verge of death from 3 blood clots in my left lung. I don't remember being told if I had had a stroke or not, but upon coming out of the coma, my hands, arms, and, legs were paralyzed and upon being medically stabilized was sent to rehab to regain the use of my limbs. Warfarin has its drawbacks of constant monitoring, but it has served me well, and though there are newer anticoagulants on the market that they say don't require the testing, I just would not trust them to be consistent with the job they were supposed to be doing, so I would rather stay on warfarin with the testing for a monitoring process. That's just the way I see it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!”

Pleskee · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2018

Coumadin (warfarin): “Been on medication now for 3 yrs, started out being tired, fatigued as time has gone by now starting to experience bad dreams early mornings, had one time rectal bleeding, otherwise it is helping me. ”

Anonymous August 1, 2009

“Warfarin has dangerous side effects, but is indicated in life threatening situations. It can be taken as prescribed for a period following a pulmonary embolism, but the patient must take extra care not to fall, bruise, or cut oneself, because warfarin inhibits clotting. It saved my life.”

Anonymous February 13, 2009

Coumadin (warfarin): “I am still alive because of this drug and I am not an advocate of the medical profession.”

Buddy wyatt October 28, 2009

Coumadin (warfarin): “This drug saved my life.”

wjohns45 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 20, 2013

“I am so thankful to be alive. I had a pulmonary embolism in Jan 2011. They had my family in family room, didn't expect me to survive. BUT, GOD said differently. I am so THANKFUL. ”

nezha24 September 12, 2007

“My mom was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism. She was two weeks into warfarin and heparin treatment when she started having diarrhea, very severely. Second diagnosis, ulcerative colitis.”

Anonymous April 4, 2009

“The side effects can be difficult, but I am still alive and have been on the drug for 8 months.”