User Reviews for Vemurafenib to treat Melanoma, Metastatic

Also known as: Zelboraf

lilbearts · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2017

Zelboraf (vemurafenib): “I don't have melanoma but was approved for the trial 2B of Zelboraf due to my BRAF mutation ( I have Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma, unresectable, BRAF mutation ) Scans showed a depreciation in size but I couldn't stay on the study or drug due to the effects. I was severely nauseous, had and still do haave horrible ugly painful and itchy raised skin lesions that I am still getting after 3 months off of the drug. I was incapacitated and in bed. Titrated down twice didn't change anything. I was immobilized, felt a severe malaise, could barely get out of bed and months later I am still recovering from the effects of taking the drug. I was pulled from the study by my oncologist due to the toxicity. This was very disappointing as it affected me as badly as Folfironox; its chemo in a pill. Too bad, really.”

suzzett · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2015

Zelboraf (vemurafenib): “Contracted Stevens Johnson's spent 2 months in hospital kidneys shut down 80% of body blistered still having problems 2 years later”

frm333 October 31, 2013

Zelboraf (vemurafenib): “Had Isolated Limb Profusion (Left leg) at MD Anderson Cancer center in Houston in Nov 07. Three cancer tumors returned in the same lower left leg in May 2011. In Aug 2011, started Zelboraf at 4 x 240mg pills twice a day (1960mg total a day). Two tumors disappeared within a month of taking Zelboraf. One resisted for six weeks total and was gone. CT and MRI's could find anything after scanning. In July 2013, the one that resisted, returned along with a 5mm nodule. Had some of the complications I was warned about but nothing serious, just uncomfortable at times. Seems like now the cancer is not responding to the Zelboraf and now looking for alternatives. It gave me more years to live with my daughters. Zelboraf is GREAT.”

guy56jt April 22, 2012

Zelboraf (vemurafenib): “Cancer returned (metastasized) in abdomen Sept 2011. I ended up in hospital, first parenthesis withdrew 10 liters of abdominal fluid. Given 5 months maximum to live. It is now April 2012. Zelboraf has extended and saved my life. I've been told by specialist in Denver (university of Colorado hospital) that in Europe 42 month life extension has been documented at present time. By dosing with 2 x 240mg pills twice a day! I'd be dead if not for Zelboraf! ”

Learn more about Melanoma, Metastatic