User Reviews for Valerian

Also known as: Valerian Root

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Valerian.

Insomnia

Summary of Valerian reviews 4.0 2 reviews

Reviews for Valerian

For Insomnia: "I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, an auto-immune disease. Valerian was recommended to me for insomnia and so I took one. Because of my compromised auto-immune system, the pill had the opposite effect. I felt as if I had been given epinephrine and was in a 'run' mode all night long. By morning, I was exhausted and my head felt like it was about to explode. People with auto-immune disorder should definitely stay away from this herbal pill."

Carmen3454 November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have used valerian off and on for 26 years, no major side effect, at low doses. Usually I used this herb for insomnia which it works well. Also can be used for anxiety and stress; again at a low dosage. I would recommend on line information for your questions plus herbal specialists in your community. Do not exclude your doctor a MD or equally qualified professional. I am now adding valerian at night in conjunction with Zyprexa and Klonapin. Zyprexa at 15 mg on e pill, Klonapin at 0.50 or 1 mg dose. Do not recommend this combination yet to anybody. I am in the experimental phase. Stormy1959"

Stormy1959 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2017