User Reviews for Valerian

1 review 19 medications
Insomnia

Summary of Valerian reviews 5.0 3 reviews

Reviews for Valerian

Valerian Root (valerian) for Herbal Supplementation: "Recently, my panic attacks have gotten very severe (near fainting, sudden sweating, shaking, vision going blurry, body going weak, intense fear etc), due to my friend suddenly dying, and so I tried Valerian root. I have to say, amazingly, that it really does work. It stops panic attacks, it calms you, it improves your mood. However, it also makes you feel sick to your stomach. What a shame. I thought I found the perfect med for my anxiety, but I hate feeling sick. So I won't take these anymore. It's worth trying them, though. They work, and they are FAR cheaper than benzos. You may not have the same stomach upset as me."

CindyM (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, an auto-immune disease. Valerian was recommended to me for insomnia and so I took one. Because of my compromised auto-immune system, the pill had the opposite effect. I felt as if I had been given epinephrine and was in a 'run' mode all night long. By morning, I was exhausted and my head felt like it was about to explode. People with auto-immune disorder should definitely stay away from this herbal pill."

Carmen3454 November 13, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have used valerian off and on for 26 years, no major side effect, at low doses. Usually I used this herb for insomnia which it works well. Also can be used for anxiety and stress; again at a low dosage. I would recommend on line information for your questions plus herbal specialists in your community. Do not exclude your doctor a MD or equally qualified professional. I am now adding valerian at night in conjunction with Zyprexa and Klonapin. Zyprexa at 15 mg on e pill, Klonapin at 0.50 or 1 mg dose. Do not recommend this combination yet to anybody. I am in the experimental phase. Stormy1959"

Stormy1959 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2017