User Reviews for Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen to treat Prevention of Sunburn

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen has an average rating of 2.1 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Prevention of Sunburn. 11% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 84% reported a negative effect.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Rating Summary

2.1/10 average rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Sunburn.

Reviews for Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen

The Bull · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2021

“I used Neutrogena sport face SPF 70 on my face 1 day and did not expose myself to more than 1 hour of sun light. I woke up the next morning and my face was red and swollen as were my eyes. This product should be recalled and removed from the market. I am filing a Federal complaint against Johnson & Johnson tomorrow!”

Cmcc May 21, 2020

“Gave me a rash all over my face. My face was red and itchy for days before it cleared up. The day after using it I also woke up with swollen eyes. Nothing relieved the swelling and my eyes lids are STILL slightly swollen. And from reading other reviews it seems like this is a common issue. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!”

LeslieBerkman · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2021

“I used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen for two days and wound up with a red, swollen face. The areas under my eyes are so puffy that I can see them without looking in a mirror. I called Neutrogena to complain and was told they will send me a $20 coupon to use on their products. But I would be too scared of a similar allergic reaction. I used the same sunscreen a few years ago without any problem. I wonder if it has been reformulated. Meanwhile I am taking an antihistamine and hoping to get back to normal soon. My doctor said in the future I should use a mineral based sunscreen.”

TW · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2019

“With just one application, this lotion made my face sting and caused gross swelling around the eye area, as well as a red rash on my face. I had to go to the dermatologist who advised that chemical ingredients in the product caused an allergic reaction. My eyes are swollen (now the fourth day). :(”

Howie March 24, 2019

“This sunscreen caused my skin to burn like I had 2nd degree sunburns, it also made my face swell. I would not recommend this product and would never use it again. I had to take antihistamines and eczema cream to help calm the irritation. Pretty bad when you're holidaying in Positano and you look like the elephant man!!”

Mary · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

“My daughter used this product two weeks ago and it burned her face every place she put it. The areas that did not have the product were not burned. Her skin blistered and she got scabs on her cheeks. It was a 2nd degree burn and it is still healing. You would think that with Neutrogena it would be safe for your face. She has never had this reaction with any other sunscreen product. I have spoke to other people and found out they have had the same reaction. BEWARE!!”

KKA · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

“I used Neutrogena UltraSheer 70 SPF on Saturday and had a rash starting Sunday morning. By Thursday my neck was so red, swollen, itching, and burning that I had to go to Urgent Care. I am now on heavy steroids and cannot be in the sun! The only place I have the rash is where I applied the sunscreen. NEVER AGAIN! This cost me about $125 for drugs and professional care so far.”

Kie · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2019

“Caused a swollen, itchy rash on the areas it was applied, which then spread all over my body. My face was so swollen that my skin was tight and shiny. The itching was unbearable, even with topical steriods. The rash took over a month to fully clear. I would recommend anyone with contact dermatitis to ANYTHING to avoid this like the plague.”

Licat · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

“I also got a terrible, itchy rash a day after using this product. However, first I noticed a swollen spot on one of my check bones and my ksin was oozing. It was curious and I wasn't sure if I hurt myself with out realizing it. When the itching started, I realized I was having an allergic reaction. It cleared up after about a week but my face is still a little red in the spot where the scar developed. I used a Neutrogena face wash many years ago that caused a much worse reaction so, needless to say, I will be avoiding their products.”

Tina August 15, 2020

“I am using this neutrogena sunscreen with spf 110 for 4months now, it was ok to my face but I just noticed I got white heads and after a while it became pimple then I put antibiotic cream and it was ripen till burst with pus, and till now I'm observing my face, I got another white heads and small pimple underneath”

KR July 14, 2021

“I used this on my face and within 3 hours my face, eyes and ears started to swell and itch very badly, I took benadryl but it remained very swollen and itchy for 3 days. Finally went down but skin around eyes is damaged and ears are still raw. Hope it gets better soon, its been over a week and still looks really bad.”

Jherter · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2021

“I has the same exact reaction as the previous review, can barely see out of one eye, and also my arms have a rash from the elbows down , exactly where I sprayed. Since the last review said the maker just offered a coupon , I took my complaint directly to the Walmart store manager and said this should be pulled from your shelves. He is taking it to corporate.”

M.B · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2021

“I used 70spf and also 100spf religiously for 4 days while on vacation. I applied it every 2 hours or so and before and after every swim. My sunburn is pretty intense and feels as though the product did not even work. It's like I didn't even use sunscreen. Horrible product that should be recalled.”

M_Mc February 7, 2020

“Used this product for 2 days. The areas on which I applied this have become covered in a bumpy, itchy rash that looks similar to poison ivy. Forearms are most-affected.”

neutrozena · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

“Developed eczema on nose, lip area and forehead. With rashes on hands as well. I couldn't cure for a month. I am highly allergic to neutrogena”

Beck · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2019

“This made my swell with hives and heavy itching where ever I sprayed it. I sprayed it in the morning and by the evening I was so itchy and red, I couldn’t sleep. Awful!”

zaheema · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

“I used Neutrogena Ultra sheer sunscreen for 4 days and I got a burnt face with redness and itchiness also the same happened when I used Neutogena Fairness serum last year.”

Ola June 18, 2020

“I felt a burning sensation on applying it, then later developed White scaly rashes on my face. This product is trash”

What · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 3, 2020

“I used this for years before I had a problem with blisters, filled with water, itching and the scaling.”

Lisa April 11, 2018

“Good and effective”

More about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen (sunscreen topical)