User Reviews for Ritonavir to treat HIV Infection

Also known as: Norvir

Reviews for Ritonavir

No to Norvir · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2020

Norvir (ritonavir): “Norvir is awful. I was on it for about three months. It caused numbness in my face and extreme nausea. Not to mention the terrible taste!”

RussellM February 13, 2017

Norvir (ritonavir): “I was prescribed Norvir along with Truvada and Prezista as a substitute for Atripla. My physician felt that it would increase my CD4 count, which had stabilized for some time at the 150 range. I began the regimen with Norvir and the other 2 antivirals in September and checked the progress in December (3 months). The CD4 count had declined to 88 and the new treatment was clearly not effective. He had me retested at the end of January and the count had fallen to 36. I have since gone back to Atripla. Norvir has a serious contraindication when combined with a steroid. I have been using Advair for COPD, and the Norvir reacted with the fluoxetine in Advair and caused my face to become puffy, weight gain, and stomach issues.”