User Reviews for Ranibizumab ophthalmic to treat Macular Degeneration

Also known as: Lucentis

Ranibizumab ophthalmic has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Macular Degeneration. 86% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Ranibizumab ophthalmic Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Macular Degeneration.

Jud · Taken for 10 years or more May 22, 2020

Lucentis (ranibizumab): “I have had macular degeneration since I was 64 years old. Started with dry in both eyes. Right eye turned wet in 2005. Lucentus was not yet approved. Lost my vision after laser treatments. Eye is now fingers at 2 feet. In 2006 the left eye turned wet in March of 2006. Dr. Gave me macugen shot to hold me over to June of 2006 when lucentis was approved. Have been receiving lucentis shots in my left eye for 14 years, about 120 injections, vision holds at 20/35. Without this injection, I believe I would be blind If you are on Medicare and have a Medicare supplement plan, the entire cost is covered. I pay 0 for these treatments. The right eye is too far gone to be treated. Lucentis saved my sight! I will be 84 in June 2020.”

Adam · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

“I had so far 5 injections and from the 3rd injection, I saw the change as my vision was no longer blurred; however, my doctor recommended that I should have more injections to stabilized the vision. The injection is costly: 1985 CAD , hopefully my insurance covers a good percentage!!”

barb · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2018

Lucentis (ranibizumab): “I just had my first lucentis injection.I got headaches for seven days. But the price. $5500 for the med, I have a medicare advantage plan, the cost to me for each injection is $444.53, that is just for one eye. I have dry in the other, told that eventually that will turn to wet. I don't know how people can afford this.”

Anonymous July 29, 2011

Lucentis (ranibizumab): “I have had three Lucentis treatments at 3 to 4 week intervals and my eyesight has improved significantly. I have a slight discomfort for a couple of days after a treatment. My Doctor is also pleased with my results.”

Kribby June 1, 2015

Lucentis (ranibizumab): “I have been receiving lucentis for almost two years, about 18 injections. my eye sight has stabilized and I am able to drive and use my computer, I still see wavy line with just my left eye,( the one receiving injections) but my right eye is dominant and when both are open things look normal. I will continue with the treatment because I do see a lot clearer since I started treatment. I am 77 years young and I don't want to have to slow down my very active life. I think I will always see some wavy lines and a small smoky spot. But you just have to deal with those small problems. good luck to all off you that will develop this eye condition. see your eye doctor as soon as you notice an eye problem.”

Nochemoforme · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 24, 2016

Lucentis (ranibizumab): “I was started out on Avastin (chemotherapy agent). Didn't improve my amd - I went to medication #2 Lucentis, injection didn't really hurt-the pain after the shot was bad. Lucentis did not help. Started on Eylea. Another chemotherapy agent. Very painful after the shot. It would last for 48 hours or more. Very bad pain. Eylea did not improve my vision either. With everything combined; the risk of poisoning my eye ball just to reduce water on the retina? I did not want to end up with some form of eye cancer from the poison. I still do not like the idea of that poison in my eye. No wonder the pain was so bad. Now I take 40mg Luetin. Vit A, Vit C & zinc and daily green shakes. NOW my vision is improving with better diet! NO JOKE!”

Anonymous May 10, 2014

Lucentis (ranibizumab): “I just had my 5 th injection. I have noticed a improvement in my vision. My doctor is so pleased with results. The expense is really high. I am going to loose my insurance coverage with my husbands insurance. Then my primary insurance will be Medicare. I was told by my doctor I need to have injections for the rest of my life. Really concerned at that time how I will afford it.”

Paul C. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 2, 2016

Lucentis (ranibizumab): “On Dec. 01, 2014 I awakened with huge blind spots in my left eye. My vision had been 20/25 corrected before the bleed. I got help within 24 hours from my retina doctor. My right eye remains at 20/30 corrected. After the first injection my sight had improved significantly in two weeks. Subsequent injections seem to havet stabilized my sight and improved some more. My retina doctor told me today that answer will have to come from my opthamologist . So I will have him take a look. I am very grateful about my progress. I am 83 years old. That's old. Paul”

Learn more about Macular Degeneration