User Reviews for Obeticholic acid

Also known as: Ocaliva

Primary Biliary Cholangitis

Genie November 15, 2020

Ocaliva (obeticholic acid) for Primary Biliary Cholangitis: “My gastroenterologist started 5 mg daily, I had itching but I started to hydrate more than usual and the itching isn’t too bad. I have not had any serious bleeding or jaundice side effects yet and I have been on this medication since April 2020. As far as my labs, they seem to stabilize but I will be having a liver ultrasound and labs in December 2020 hopefully this med is working like it should.”

Grannyputt · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2019

Ocaliva (obeticholic acid) for Primary Biliary Cholangitis: “Started Ocaliva in July 2018. Had side effects of blistering on legs and severe itching. Doctor took me off drug for 2 weeks, then started back with 5mg every other day for 2 weeks then one pill daily. My blood work has been all over the place, not getting steady reduction in readings. I also take ursodiol. Intercept Pharm offers help with the copay if qualify, however, once I go on Medicare with a private drug plan Interconnect does not help with the copay for the $7000+ per month drug. Might be possible to get help through a nonprofit if any funds available. Is this drug worth it?”