User Reviews for Minoxidil topical

Also known as: Rogaine, Rogaine Women's, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine Extra Strength

Alopecia
5.6

Reviews for Minoxidil topical

Ntlentle May 17, 2021

“I got diagnosed with Alopecia June 2020 and started using minoxidil. I experienced severe side effects . Swelling of my feet , hair on my body and so much on my face and bad facial skin for the first time in my life BUT !! Not all is bad coz all of that was temporary . My hair grew back on every spot ( thick , full and longer) . I am so so impressed, facial hair has stopped growing ever since I finished my minoxidil period . It’s been 3 months without taking minoxidil and my hair on head is not falling , it’s just growing unbelievably. Dermatologist suggested I now only use (Tetralysal pill + Plantur Shampoo ) . I will come back if anything has changed otherwise for now 9/10”

Anne May 9, 2021

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I tried this two different times - once for only three months but another time for around 8-9 months. It did absolutely nothing for me.”

Lizzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2021

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I am yet to find out why my hair started falling out but fall out it did, bit by bit until I was bald. I am 72 and originally had a full head of near shoulder length fair/blondish hair (coloured by hairdresser). I have used Regain every day at 12 noon for 3 months and Novasone every night at 6pm. I now have a full head of hair half an inch long, some dark the rest grey but it's still hair. I wear a wig when I go out. I will never get it coloured again but I would like to know, if there's anyone out there with the same problem, if I stop the Regain and use it every 2nd or 3rd day will I go bald again. It is expensive for pensioners and if you know of an alternative I would really appreciate hearing from you. How you use it and your results. Thank you to those of you that read this and have any ideas for me”

JerryComedian · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 20, 2014

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I bought a 3 month supply and used it as directed. I got a buzz cut before I started applying Rogaine so all my new hair could grow with the old hair. After 6 months, my hair was fuller, thicker, and my bald spot was filled in with my own, NEW hair. I felt like a new man. Then, I stopped using Rogaine, (because I had new hair growth & was satisfied), and within a few months, all my NEW hair (and then some) fell out in the shower, combing & brushing my hair, and regular daily activities. Now, I've decided to lose my hair with grace. Rogaine WORKS, but DON'T STOP USING IT OR YOUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT!!”

Bri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 9, 2020

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I’m a woman. 26 years of age. I had very minor shedding my doctor recommended me trying minoxidil. I did use it and ever since I used it all my hair fell out. It went from something very unnoticeable to me paying thousands of dollars trying to get my hair back. Minoxidil destroyed my hair. The doctor said give it time it will work. I gave it one year and my hair is completely ruined.”

Rose30 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2014

For Alopecia: “I have only been using Rogaine for two months now, but I can tell that it is working. A few things I have learned: do not overuse this product! Stick to the 1 ml regardless if you have hair loss all over or not! It's not worth the side effects. I wasn't sure how much to be applying because I know they say only use 1 ml, but since I have diffuse thinning all over, I feel like I need to apply it in back as well. Anyway I am going to use less of it and try to apply more evenly. I hear that it works all over regardless of how much you apply, hope this is true. I have headaches if I use too much. ”

Mike August 20, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “When I would go to the beach the top of my scalp got sunburned and my hair just felt thinner overall when I washed it. When I would get a haircut and the barber would wet my hair you could clearly see my scalp. Became extremely self conscious. Heard about 5% Rogaine and saw a generic brand (Kirkland) advertised so I decided to make the commitment and order a 6 month supply of the liquid formula. I've had no side effects. I am happy to report that ALL of my hair is growing back after 4 1/2 months of being on it. My hair is feeling and looking thick like it did years ago. I have a ton of new hair across my hairline in the front where it was thin and receding and at the crown. I'm actually shocked at how much hair in 4.5 months has grown in. I use it faithfully morning and night and in the 4 1/2 months have not missed a day. I can't wait to see the results in 12 months. I know that everyone is different but this has made an enormous difference in the way my hair looks and feels.”

Anonymous October 12, 2013

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “This will work if you are patient. I kept on losing my hair until I tried Rogaine. It was the only thing that saved me from losing most of my hair. I was hesitant to use this at first and did not see signs of regrowth until 7 months. I kept on using this product and all my hair grew back in. I can only suggest you try this, I know how hard it is to look in the mirror everyday and see more and more hair loss. Using Rogaine brought not only back my hair but my self confidence.”

lee k June 12, 2008

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “This product brought new growth. It took a little while but have regrown hair back and front. I was having great anxiety over hair loss because I am only 22, however I feel so much better and look like my old self again. Would recommend.”

bald · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 25, 2020

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “Was prescribed minoxidil in my early 20s, used it for a couple of years. Did not seem to do much. As soon as I stopped it, which was due to heart palpitations (side effects), I started shedding HEAVILY. Rogaine made me lose my hair faster than I otherwise would have. I'd say never start on this, cause if you stop (and it's likely you will), your hair will become dependent on this drug and fall out rapidly. It's created a diffuse pattern of thinning, so bad the doctor says nothing can be done now.”

sssssssss October 31, 2014

For Alopecia: “I was almost bald from front and middle of the head. My hairs were so thin and very very weak. I had my wedding after 5 months, so I was so worried. I started using minoxidil, Finax tablets after consulting a dermatologist. After 3-4 weeks my hair started to fall more quickly as told by doc. After using 3 months (liquid 2 times a day, tab 1 time) my head was full of hair except the very front area. It was so dense as it used to be in my school days. As the session ended again I visited the doc. He suggested to use a mild shampoo named "Seren" and to continue in the same ways for next 3 months. After 6 months it was so thick that my friends who met me after months told that hey buddy are you wearing a wig.”

Anonymous July 28, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I had slight thinning of my hair, nothing serious. The dermatologist suggested I try Rogaine. Big mistake. The places I put Rogaine kept on getting worse and worse. It made the shedding worse and created bald spots. I knew to expect some extra shedding in the beginning but never to the extent it is now. It ruined my hair and I’m scared I’ll never get it back. Please only use if it is a last resort.”

musiclinda November 3, 2014

For Alopecia: “IT WORKS, I am 21. You may have hair fall at the starting stage but it may be a good sign because you are gaining new hair strands losing the older one. I saw the improvement within 3 weeks, I was losing less hair than before. Just apply twice a day, remember don't let it spread over parts other than your scalp. Apply before about 2 hours before you go to bed at night, let your scalp dry first. Shampoo before you apply (not every time) and let it dry. And it will work best then. But get familiar with it's side effects too. I don't know about others but yes I am developing dark circles around my eyes since the day I started applying it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I do not recommend this product to use for a thinning widows peak i reckon the stuff actually gave me alopecia and I know this for a fact because all the areas I started using rogaine are now the spots I have big bald patches. I sought rogaine to help save my hair and instead it has destroyed it. I may never get my follicles back again.”

Kaybeemer02 August 18, 2014

For Alopecia: “My dermatologist recommended that I use 5% minoxidil for hereditary hair loss. I had difficulty finding a product but finally located one for women with this higher percentage. I used it around 9:00 AM and within an hour became nauseous. I am in my third day of trying to recover from the effects of minoxidil and although the nausea has lessened, I'm still not feeling up to par. On the first evening after using minoxidil, two of my fingers turned a dark blue and reddish color around my knuckles. After around 3 hours the color dissipated. ”

GDawg · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2014

For Alopecia: “I rate this 10/10 because I started using it with no preconceptions that I would have a full head of hair within a week. I used this for about a month before I got my first compliment after 3 months use (2xday) I saw my family and they all thought I had had a hair transplant, although the front of my head is still hairless the back of my hair is very much thicker. All in all I would say this works if you are looking to thicken up the hair you have remaining.”

John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2020

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “Ok so Rogaine gets a lot of hate because people claim that it increases hairloss. Which yes it does! However the shedding early on is a normal part of the hair strengthening process and it will regrow, and likely as stronger and thicker hair. But you have to be patient with it. Don't give up after a couple months because it feels like you've lost hair. It takes time and many people quit at the first sign of hair shedding. For Androgenetic alopecia it can be very helpful. Granted not as beneficial as finasteride or other topical agents. (In conjunction very useful) However it will almost certainly result in some growth as long as you have living follicles. Derma rolling can help increase the absorption and therefore increase results from Rogaine. I noticed new hair growth in the first 2 months. They started out small, but over time they grew darker, thicker and longer. It works! But you must keep using it for results or the hairs will fall.”

Carmen March 7, 2021

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I used Rogaine religiously for 2.5 years. Huge mistake. My hair was falling out in the front but it wasn’t severe.The area where I applied it somewhat stopped falling out but in it’s place grew short, fuzzy, hair that was significantly thinner than the rest of my hair. I stopped using Rogaine. All the new hair fell off and now after 2 years since using I have little hairs that won’t grow any longer than two inches and are noticeably thinner than the areas where I didn’t apply it. It ruined my hair! I’m a 47 y/o woman.”

Mel (27 yrs old) · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2013

For Alopecia: “I started using Rogaine about 6 months ago and I stopped because I saw hair on my cheeks :( I tried other stuff like vitamins shampoo, Rosemary oil, etc. Nothing was working, matter of fact my hair kept falling. My family comes from very thin hair and hair loss. Double negative! I'm only 27 and on top of my scalp is so thin. I read Rogaine reviews and I decided I was going to give it a dedicated try. It's been about 3 months. I use more than the dosage and geeez do I see hair on my face. lol I'm laughing because I now trim my face. My eyebrows grow so fregen fast and they're SUPER FULL! My eyelashes seem longer and now I have side burns lol. Oh goodness. Do I see more hair on my scalp? Hell yea! not enough though. I need more!”

Andre July 30, 2019

For Alopecia: “Please ignore most negative reviews as they are normally individuals who have not used this product long enough or most importantly, correctly. Missing even 1 dose gives you a major setback of days. Initially, I used minoxidil topical solution 5%. I found this medication to be nil effective at this time, first time round. However, like any normal person- I did not use this medication religiously and applied it once a day at night as I couldn't style my hair if I applied in the morning. Sometimes I would miss a day. I stopped using topical solution due to inconvenience. I used the minoxidil tablets (10mg) and they were highly effective. Stopped due to too much hair growth across body. I used finasteride, didn't like the side effects and possible long term damage. Used topical 5% again, worked when I used it religiously twice a day, and this means twice a day. Not once, not every second day or sometimes miss a dose. EVERY DOSE IS IMPORTANT”

30 yrs old September 13, 2015

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “I have been using rogaine foam for 4 months. It is unbelievable how much this stuff has worked for me, it took 4 months to really be able to tell. I use twice a day. I had thin hair all over and have applied all over my scalp and in most places it is now a little bit thicker. I wear my hat less. Slowly gaining confidence back, I'm excited everyday when I wake up to see a fuller head of hair rather then cringing at the mirror first thing in the morning.”

Duvo May 3, 2017

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “What a nightmare this has been for me. After 3 months of using rogaine, my desire to have sex has gradually dissappeared. It has been 2 months since I stopped it and nothing has changed. This side effect is not even listed as a possible reaction. And how long has this been on the market? I simply cannot believe that this poison has not been removed from the market or asexuality mentioned as a possible outcome of this. I have no idea when I will recover and if I will recover. I'm seeing a dermatologist soon. I hope he doesn't simply tell me that this is all in my head or not related to rogaine because he will not like my reaction. I am terrified...I don't know what to do about this. I plan on contacting lawyer about this”

mrlj · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “Has anyone experienced the growth of FACIAL HAIR? I have been using Rogaine for almost 2 months now. The hair loss has improved a little (I am still losing it but less than before), I know it's a slow process, and I am willing to continue, but after about 1 month, I have noticed some hair growth on my cheekbones and temples and on my chin! I am a female in my mid sixties.”

Blue · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “Hi so I bought a 3month supply of minoxidil which is a mistake should have tried 1 bottle.. I kept shedding hair whenever I applied it..my hand will be covered with hair this was too scary so I stopped it...its ok if I lost the money but not MY HAIR”

Optomist · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “Always had very fine fair hair, started to thin in late thirties, became quite noticeable early sixties. Doctor suggested Rogaine for women, once a day foam. Within 3 months had noticeable improvement, new fine hair covered bare spot in front. No side effects, no itching. Good product and reasonable cost.”

Anonymous September 4, 2020

For Alopecia: “Because of minoxidil I have chest pain, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, wheezing on exertion, inability to exercise, headaches, and muscles spasms are the side effects that I am left with 2 years after quitting Minoxidil. I was a 19 year old body builder and college level track athlete when I decided to start Minoxidil. After 2 weeks of use I quit because it was causing me intense chest pain and shortness of breath any time I would exercise. I have seen 4 cardiologists and 1 pulmonologist, and the only things that they have found are a right to left shunt and high bilirubin. They have so far been unable to find the origin of the shunt though.”

Dirogo November 11, 2011

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: “Fantastic- you can no longer see my scalp in the front. I am going to try it on my eyebrows! It's not often a product works as promised- but it did for me. I lost hair at 50 and am now 54. I will continue to use Rogaine for women.”

marytexas55 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2015

For Alopecia: “I have had thin fine hair all my life then at 55 my hairdresser said I was losing it. I got rogaine and wish now I had 20 years ago. My hair is thicker from more hair. I use men because it is 5%. Show me a study anywhere that women's rogaine needs to be lower. The assumption they make is it will drop womens BP too much. In fact I have high blood pressure take medicine for it and the 5% has given me nothing but full hair. I started using it 5 months ago and started getting results showing at 2 months. I had a friend that I could see her scalp and she started on 5%. It is about 5 weeks and already her scalp is getting better. I have no side effects but she says her scalp tingles.”