User Reviews for Minoxidil topical

Also known as: Rogaine, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men, Ronoxidil, Rogaine Extra Strength

Alopecia
6.1

Summary of Minoxidil reviews 5.8 94 reviews

Reviews for Minoxidil

For Alopecia: "Have been using minoxidil this product for a little more than 2 months. In the last 6 weeks, about half the hair where I apply it has fallen out, and about 75% of hair at the hairline has fallen out, where I previously had no issues (I am a diffuse thinner). Everyday I look in the mirror, I wish I had not started this product, because my hair was not that bad before it. It has caused me so much anxiety to see most of my hair fall out in only one month, only where I apply this medication. Even if it does grow back these 2.5 months of pain are not worth it. Please do not use this product!"

Dood (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I do not recommend this product to use for a thinning widows peak i reckon the stuff actually gave me alopecia and I know this for a fact because all the areas I started using rogaine are now the spots I have big bald patches. I sought rogaine to help save my hair and instead it has destroyed it. I may never get my follicles back again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "Always had very fine fair hair, started to thin in late thirties, became quite noticeable early sixties. Doctor suggested Rogaine for women, once a day foam. Within 3 months had noticeable improvement, new fine hair covered bare spot in front. No side effects, no itching. Good product and reasonable cost."

Optomist (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "Rogaine works better than nothing. It works pretty well for the first 9 mos - 1 year and then it really slows down. It seems that the Rogaine hair falls out if you forget to use it for a few days, and then starts again as soon as you start using it again. They also have these stickers on the women's liquid boxes advertising a $10 or $25 refund. Don't believe it! They never pay and if you contact them about it, they say they will do it, but again never pay you the refund. Don't buy it based on the refund."

Violetta (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2019

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "I am only 31 and notice my hair line receding and some minor balding on the top. I have thick black hair and a family with no history of balding. It seems my humara injections that treat my colitis & crohns has encouraged to quick loss. I've been using rogaine foam twice a day for 4 months now and its done wonders. The front is back in line and the back is thicker. Over the moon. Of course being younger then most people using rogaine is most likely beneficial"

JB (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

For Alopecia: "I’ve been using Minoxidil 5% for 2 weeks and I can see that hair got worse and lost more than ever ,my scalp becomes crazy itchy!!! I do not recommend it at all!!"

Yasser January 11, 2019

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "My hair has been falling out since college - I'm 74. Although it falls out, it seems to regrow but at a declining rate and is now thinning. I thought it was hormonal and have asked every doctor I see - GYM, Dermo, Cardio, Primary. Finally my rheumatologist said to try Rogaine. [She uses it.] The instructions say that results may not be apparent for 4 months. I've used it once to twice per day for 1 1/2 weeks, and my hair has stopped falling out!! I'm amazed! When I brush my hair in the morning, there are 1-2 hairs in my brush rather than a handful. Thank you, Rogaine!"

JBP (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

For Alopecia: "Minoxidil really workssss"

Aadi December 9, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I'm 55 years old and started using minoxidil about 3 months ago. Since I started this so called positive hair treatment, I have seen zero results and more hair loss than I've ever seen in my life. They say the new growing hair will push the old hair out, but this is out of control. I've also experienced no sex drive. Do not waste your hard earned cash on any minoxodil product."

Jim (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Alopecia: "Worst product. After using it for 2 week I lost 25% of my hair and then there was infection on my scalp. Please don't buy it. Don't use it. Its the worst product."

Anandi (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I've been using Safeway signature 5% minoxodil now for about 2 months now, and my hair is falling out more than ever, Since I started using this product. In addition it cost me $45 bucks. So if you want to hold on to what remaining hair you may have, avoid this product at all expense."

Jim September 9, 2018

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "Look, save yourself time, money, frustration, and hope. Get your credit straight and get a Care Credit loan, drive an older car for a while and have hair transplant surgeons fix this nutty ugly mess the right way and be done with this snake oil crappy placebo. Heredity is stronger than this snake oil. You will lose more hair worrying if this ripoff works than worrying about the payments for having it fixed right."

Snake oul (taken for 10 years or more) September 3, 2018

For Alopecia: "After a month of minoxidil 5% use I've experienced erectile dysfunction, complete loss of sensitivity in the penis, zero libido, extreme weight gain, facial bloating, persistent tachycardia, swollen throat glands and thyroid, bloodshot eyes, problems with digestion and dark circles under my eyes. Most of the side effects have gone but the sexual dysfunction has persisted 3 months after stopping the treatment. Minoxidil is just as dangerous as Finasteride, beware and never touch this stuff. It has recently been proven to block the 5ARII and also severely suppress androgen receptors. If you think it's only a topical that can do no harm, please consider that just a couple of miligrams that are absorbed systemically can do that. Wish I could give this -10/10. It needs to be banned."

YoungGun (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Alopecia: "I used minoxidil for alopecia for only 3 weeks and I got prostate inflammation , pain, erectile disfunction and depression. I stopped using it, and I hope my problems will disappear.... no more....."

mickey21 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Alopecia: "I had good results with minoxidil in 2.5 months. It really works for me."

Tazzi (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "I used to have very thick hair. When I was about 65 I noticed how thin my hair was getting and was horrified. I could clearly see my scalp to the middle of the top of my head. I told this to my doctor. He mentioned Rogaine. I had heard about Rogaine for years and was thought it must be to good to be true and probably doesn't work. I began using it on October 17 2017 and it is now April 14 2018. My hair is completely normal. If I had not seen this for myself I would not have believed it. If I keep the top part cut short it actually looks thick. It is starting to grow out longer and the scalp can faintly be seen. I am more than happy with this product."

Call me Mrs Sceptic (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2018

For Alopecia: "Destroyed sex drive and no change to hair."

Rambo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2018

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I had used for 2 weeks before visiting dermatologist. I had a horrible side effects - itching, dermatitis... my scalp was burning, drained. So bad. My Derm stopped it right away. Now I'm on Spironolactone over 2 weeks. Not much difference yet .. hope working."

Sum (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Alopecia: "I had a small amount of thinning. Thought this could help me. Used this for a month. Most of my hair fell out. The rest broke off & turned to straw. I now wear hats. Couldn't be unhappier."

Stressed out (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Alopecia: "21 year old male with slowly progressing MPB since 20s. Used once daily 5% for 4 months and shedding was reduced. No objective data about effectiveness but I would say it reduced shedding and progression a little. Stopped due to palpitations and chest discomfort (not any other side effect). My advice is to keep in mind this is a long term treatment and increased shedding could be seen the first month (my case). Another thing to remind is that effectiveness can only be appreciated within 4 to 6 months of usage. Decided to stop slowly for two months and then stop completely. Approximately 2 months have passed since no minoxidil and shedding had increased a lot, but seems to be more stable now (as it was before starting any treatment). Keep in mind any result obtained WILL BE LOST AFTER 3 Months. Thinking about starting finasteride, but luckily not in a hurry. Best of luck to all the balding men reading."

MedstudentnotfromUS (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2018

For Alopecia: "I started having male pattern baldness. I starting losing hair in my 20s and I could clearly see that my hair was going for good, but I knew I was still in time if I could find something that could keep it, I didn't need anything for regrowth, only for it to stop falling. And that's what minoxidil did for me, I didn't get more hair, but I kept all my hair and it got thicker and now the hairs that fall have a root again. I'm 26 now and I can say that without minoxidil I would be bald because at 23 I was 3 months without it and it starting falling LIKE CRAZY... I guess I will use it forever or until something better comes"

International_Young (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2018

For Alopecia: "I have used it for 3 month minoxodil but it is not working for me may be but I have used for stress hair loss. I have a lot of personal stress which is the reason why I needed to use this product. Or maybe it is not suitable for me. I must say everybody that before trying minoxodil remove all thing like stress, use proper diet , and other and than if necessary then only try it"

Anonymous November 1, 2017

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I started Rogaine and Propecia about a year ago. I apply Rogaine 2x a day morning and night. I have noticed thickening of my hair and I do have a 6 month before and after picture my dermatologist took. She said I am her "poster child" for this treatment... we were both very excited! I have absolutely no noticeable side effects from either medication. Sex drive is the same as it was before medication. I also use Regenpure DR, NT, and conditioner. I wash my hair once daily as it is needed because the Rogaine foam creates a stiffness of my hair (like gel would if applied) and I have a problem w/ dandruff. My dermatologist prescribed me triamcinolone acetonide lotion to help with itchiness which I apply with a Qtip. (1/2)"

JMC41996 July 30, 2017

For Alopecia: "I used it for 4 months. Between months 3 and 4, my libido was completely gone, my penis smaller, and my erection quality terrible.....in the rare case I was able to achieve one. Its now been almost 5 months since stopping the drug and all my side effects remain with no improvement. This over the counter hair loss medicine has made me asexual. I saw the endocrinologist and he believes that minoxidil caused these side effects. There is a research article titled "minoxidil may suppress hormone receptor functions" published in 2014. He believes that my androgen receptors have been suppressed and that is why my hormone tests are all normal. Unfortunately there is no treatment besides discontinuing the drug and waiting x months/years...if ever."

Gergy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

For Alopecia: "Been using regaine for two years and 6 months first year was twice a day now only once per day. My hairline has got worse over this period and I can't say it's been worth using this at all."

Jay524744432 July 21, 2017