User Reviews for Minoxidil

Also known as: Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine, Rogaine Extra Strength, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Ronoxidil

Learn more about Minoxidil.

Alopecia 55 reviews 14 medications

6.6
Summary of Minoxidil reviews 55 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Minoxidil

For Alopecia: "Minoxidil is a not effective treatment. I was used minoxidil treatment 2 month but was not effective and hair loss increased over this time."

Mubasheer (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I used it for 8 years and I still kept losing hair. If it is good why are there so many movie stars that are bald? For those that it does not grow hair for will be told you are one of those 20% that does not work."

Larrynorogainworks December 9, 2016

For Alopecia: "I wanted so badly for this stuff to work. I'm a 59 year old woman. I've had thin hair all my life but still had a full head of hair. When my hair started getting noticeably thinner with balding patches I was desperate to do something about it. My biggest fear starting it was the warning of initial dread shed. I haven't got enough hair to spare. Well the shed never happened and after a full year of faithful application, nothing else did either so I give up. Also worth noting I had terrible bouts of nausea and vomiting which has ceased since I quit the minoxidil. That's no way to live. This is not usually talked about as a side effect but I can only associate it with the use of minoxidil since I no longer have it."

Straightshooter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2016

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "Been using Rogaine for about 4 months, experiencing scalp itch on the spot and behind my ears. Hope it goes away."

Lexi919 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women (minoxidil) for : "W/in 2 hours of application I was cramping. Proceeded by 16 hours of vomiting. Thought it was food poisoning, except for the chemical taste (matched the smell of the foam). I explained it was like poisoning/chemical issue. My husband researched and found that this is supposedly a rare side effect that they do not put on any of the info when you purchase. I have never been this sick in 40 years. Please be careful and know they do not include 50% of the side effects anywhere on/in the packaging."

DayleP November 21, 2016

For Alopecia: "I'm using this from past 1 mnt and not even single hair grown,instead I lost few of the hair when I m applying it.hoping for best in next month also"

Shetty November 15, 2016

For Alopecia: "Minoxidil 5% is best for hair fall , i used twice in a day good result"

Rajiii October 26, 2016

For Alopecia: "I have been using it for one month but not found any result moreover hair fall is double"

Surender Yadav (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

For Alopecia: "At the age of 17 I started losing my hair.It became noticeable at age 20.Then I brought minoxidil 5%. In the first month the hair fall occurred but in next month hair regrowth took place.highly recommended."

aishwarya jasbarch pune September 22, 2016

For Alopecia: "i am using this medicine since 1 week. I have watched, the time i am using it to my head 20 - 25 hairs are come out to my hand. is that happened with everyone whrn you all started using. This is my question."

Manav (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Alopecia: "I had Hair loss due to Thyroid issues .This product has worked so well that I am looking at ways to hide the new growth on top until it gets to a manageable level. There is heaps of new growth and being short, is too difficult to straighten like I do with the rest of my hair. Small price to pay I know, but as I'm in my 50's the new growth is mainly gray & therefore courser leaving a 'fuzz party' on the top of my head aaaaargh! I no longer have bald patches and my hair is visually thicker. I have however added PRP treatments (Platelet-Rich Plasma) to help get the most benefit. My doctor has advised that this is a product that needs to be continued indefinitely as it only works while you are taking it. We each need to decide if the cost is worth it. I do :)"

VanessaD888 September 16, 2016

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "I used this for one month and I was devastated when the medicine left me shedding much much more hair than I had before. People told me to stick it out because that's what it's supposed to do. I'm terrified to lose more hair since my hair is already so thin, so I stopped using it. No one warned me it could get this bad."

.. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

For Alopecia: "this is second month with minoxidil 5%. i noticed hair shedding in the first month of use. however i am now noticing hair growth on my head. unluckily hair are also growing on my cheeks which i will not mind"

simsimland September 6, 2016

For Alopecia: "I have started MX5 since 2 months and the results are good. starting one month my hair loss was more, but i was having patience and doctor asked me to continue as this is common problem. I have consulted a dermotologist doctor and she has recommended me MX5 solution 1mg night and 1mg morning. with vitamin tablets Follihair and Xtragrow tablets both 1 tablet morning after beakfast. and Juene Hair Oil and dermadew shampoo twice a week. She has asked to continue till 8 monhts. I have started with this course and she has called me for check up once every 2 months. She will guide for any changes course. My friends has notice small new hairs at crown place and i am going to continue as per doctors advice. I have not found any side effects yet"

adhoori September 3, 2016

For Alopecia: "I started using the men's 5% about a year ago when it was recommended by my dermatologist. I was losing handfuls of hair in shower and when combing. My part became so wide and the crown of my head had thinned drastically. I became depressed and it was all I could think about. I decided to try the Minoxidil. After three months I really noticed a difference. I had lots of new growth and my hair loss stopped. Now the thinning is no where as noticeable as it once was. My hair dresser told me I had lots of new growth and that my hair felt so much thicker. The only negatives are that I do have an increase in facial hair that I have to deal with often and that some of the regrowth is course. Even with those, I would not discontinue using it."

Anonymous woman in 40's September 2, 2016

For Alopecia: "Applied 5% topic twice daily (as prescribed) Hair regrowth very significant, both at top of head and front line, within 3 or 4 months after starting using the drug BUT severe impotence and anxiety, irregular heart beat; such side effects disappeared shortly after discontinuing the use of Minoxidil topic 5%"

Phernando (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Alopecia: "30 now, been losing slowly since age 20. It got to a point where I felt I had to do something. Went on the heavy stuff propecia directly but it completely destroyed me in 8 days! Still haven't recovered completely now 1,5 years later. Thought I might as well give minoxidil a chance. Lost a ridiculous amount of hair fist weeks but after about 3 moths the results were showing. Now a year later there is no doubt it is doing its job! My hair line is distinct and my hair is a lot and I mean a lot thicker!"

30+ August 22, 2016

For Alopecia: "I have been using minoxidil 5% for a few months. Its working but the hair growing in is thin and very weak. I have had hair issues from wearing clip in extensions and now my hair will not grow over a few inches. Where the extensions rubbed on my scalp, hair will not grow back there. This Medication does work but hair breaks off and grows in as a strange texture. Plus it the side effects make me queezy."

Cherish101 August 18, 2016

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "I started using Regaine for women 1 month ago. My hair was thining at the top fron fringe area and when the spot lights shone i could see my scalp. I can see no results yet but i suppose itrs probably too eraly."

Celticwoman (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

For Alopecia: "Hi, I had started minoxidil 5 on 19th Jun along with dutasteride and follihair tablets. The results as on date i.e., 9th aug are visible specially on temples. Plenty of small brown hairs on both sides and on the forehead hairline. I am using it twice a day (Minza), 5 sprays each and taking the other medicines once daily. In the mid, I used Tugain but because of the alcohol content it reacted badly on my skin, given rashes and swelling on face. Now, I'm back on 'Minza 5 - No alcohol' and this is fab. No sideeffects, except a bit of scalp irritation. If one need, I can share the pics as well."

_garvgaurav_ August 9, 2016

For Alopecia: "I startd suffering from male pattern baldness at age of 19 . I visited doc who prescribed me finax 1 mg tablet (one tablet per day) and minoxidil for one month. My hair stopped falling immediatley. I took finax for 3 more months then discontinued it since it has chance of some side effects though the chance of side effect is RARE. I felt some sort of pain in my testicle while having finax for more than 3-4 month although doctor said finax is not the reason and it is safe to continue it. After stopping finax my testicle pain also vanished. But Finax is good for stoping hair fall and it was fast. Minoxidil (5%, me using brand named as TINFAL) is best for regrowing hair. It really works if applied twice daily. If any side effect, consult doc."

Hi_113 June 5, 2016

For Alopecia: "I have been using minoxidil from almost 4 years but not regularly I mean for 4 month I used minoxidil then I took a month break because it seemed useless but later I found that it may work after 3-4 months of usage. I have been on finisteride also but the side effect of finisteride which is erectile dysfunction and chances of impotency too though its chances are not too high but still I love children more than my hair so now again I started using minoxidil alone, now it have been a month that I started minoxidil again and I will test it but review from my cousins was very positive, though my finger crossed, I wish it will be helpful. By the way hair concern women more than men. Please if someone can assure me that yup it's work kindly do so"

Sabaun khan (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Alopecia: "working great"

shiva sahu (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2016

For Alopecia: "Please be careful. I used the 4% for 2 months and my blood pressure went up toe 258!. It worked on my hair, but I was dizzy and had headaches. When I figured out what was going on, I washed my hair and stopped using it. I could not find the blood pressure warning in the current literature but found it in a 2003 medical blog. Rogaine has not been tested on people over 65, and in rare cases it can raise your blood pressure. In 4 days since stopping, my pressure is going down and currently is in the 150's. The 2003 blog said it would take between 1-2 months to be completely out of your system. I would recommend anyone with high blood pressure, to stay away from it."

sunnygbird March 11, 2016

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have been using the 5% minoxodil for 4 months now, and I have all kinds of new little hairs. A lot of them are coming in very dark. The top of my scalp is already much fuller."

I am so pleasantly surprised (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016