User Reviews for Minoxidil

Also known as: Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine, Rogaine Extra Strength, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Ronoxidil

Learn more about Minoxidil.

Alopecia 63 reviews 14 medications

6.7
Summary of Minoxidil reviews 63 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Minoxidil

For Alopecia: "I am getting incredible results at months 5-6. I always had pretty thick hair, but in my late 40s and early 50s (where I am now) it started to thin and I was getting a small vertex bald spot. I use the foam in the thin can, either CVS or Rogaine, doesn't matter. I part my hair down the middle and massage it in along the part twice a day and also a couple other spots. The bald spot is GONE and my scalp is just about invisible again. My hair looks great! Just like it did in my mid 40s, and it's been getting thicker every day lately so I have no idea where this will end. :)"

Vandervecken (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have been using rogaine for almost a year now for my stress related hair loss and it took a while to get any results. I didn't see much until the fourth month and at that time it was little fuzzy baby hairs along the hairline. Now at 11 months my hair has grown about an inch. It's a slow process but you will see results. My problem is the price. Its cheaper to get it at the store then online, but you have to be vigilant and look around for the lowest price (time consuming) "

Slimlatin March 26, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "This product works very well. I've been using it for the past 3 years and it has been a life saver. It's restored most of the thickness I had before I began losing my hair. I think most people on here complaining that it doesn't work either aren't following the instructions on how to use it properly, or they waited until it was too late ( being completely bald) to start using it. Keep in mind too that this product takes a few months to begin working. My only complaint is it causes dandruff and itchy scalp."

Stanley94 March 22, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I used a little more than recommended to cover all thinning areas.maybe 75% of the cap each time. For the first few weeks there was shedding and then growth of hair throughout scalp (crown and most of top scalp) at month 3 to 4 of usage but at same time (month 3 to 4 of usage) , I experienced extremely low libido. I have completely stopped the medication for 3 weeks now and I think I am recovering. Thanks."

User 2525 March 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I have alopecia last Dec 2016 I'm not going to doctor to consult and I tried minoxidil 5% believe it or not before my patches on my hair so big now I saw more hair in my bald patches.."

Bernardo salvador February 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have used the topical on my receding hairline. Twice a day- within two weeks I got a horrible headache that lasted 3 days. Stopped treatment. Started again once a day this time. Same effect. About two weeks went by then got headache again. Stopped treatment. The second time, I used much less. Maybe a 1/2 Tbl total. I weigh 115lbs."

JanetPaul February 13, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "Have been using Rogaine for a period of 4 months and no change was noticed at all! It was prescribed by my GP in Toronto and really had a strong hope to have my hair regrown! Because it is an ineffective product, I stopped using it! It is such a waste of time and money!! I have no faith in Rogaine anymore! I recommend you take your time deciding whether to use it or not before buying it."

Honsberg (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I am using minox for 4 months , it worked a lot to me on the top region. am doing this review for those who are worried about the issue . I was one among those who searched for the reviews. but it worked perfect for me. I still have heard for many it doesn't work. I am happy that it worked for me . I don't how long am gonna use this . I'll try to use it as long as I can. Because I had great result and hope that this result will last for long time. I don't have much side effect coz I used one ml in the morning and one ml night. But when I tried 2ml straight away at night I had some drowsiness in the morning..just try this for 2 to 3 months if it works then continue or if it didn't just leave it don't continue it."

indian i used mintop (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I came to know that I had alopecia past September 2015.I started applying minoxidil 5%u2105 as per doctor suggestion.. Initially I started losing hair which was thin.. After 5 months the thin hair was replaced by new hair which was thick and strong... Currently still there is small new hair started growing...I have used it for one year and 4 months... Superb results...Now new hair has been originating on my head"

Andrew pista January 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "Minoxidil is a not effective treatment. I was used minoxidil treatment 2 month but was not effective and hair loss increased over this time."

Mubasheer (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I used it for 8 years and I still kept losing hair. If it is good why are there so many movie stars that are bald? For those that it does not grow hair for will be told you are one of those 20% that does not work."

Larrynorogainworks December 9, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I wanted so badly for this stuff to work. I'm a 59 year old woman. I've had thin hair all my life but still had a full head of hair. When my hair started getting noticeably thinner with balding patches I was desperate to do something about it. My biggest fear starting it was the warning of initial dread shed. I haven't got enough hair to spare. Well the shed never happened and after a full year of faithful application, nothing else did either so I give up. Also worth noting I had terrible bouts of nausea and vomiting which has ceased since I quit the minoxidil. That's no way to live. This is not usually talked about as a side effect but I can only associate it with the use of minoxidil since I no longer have it."

Straightshooter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "Been using Rogaine for about 4 months, experiencing scalp itch on the spot and behind my ears. Hope it goes away."

Lexi919 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women (minoxidil) for : "W/in 2 hours of application I was cramping. Proceeded by 16 hours of vomiting. Thought it was food poisoning, except for the chemical taste (matched the smell of the foam). I explained it was like poisoning/chemical issue. My husband researched and found that this is supposedly a rare side effect that they do not put on any of the info when you purchase. I have never been this sick in 40 years. Please be careful and know they do not include 50% of the side effects anywhere on/in the packaging."

DayleP November 21, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I'm using this from past 1 mnt and not even single hair grown,instead I lost few of the hair when I m applying it.hoping for best in next month also"

Shetty November 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "Minoxidil 5% is best for hair fall , i used twice in a day good result"

Rajiii October 26, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I have been using it for one month but not found any result moreover hair fall is double"

Surender Yadav (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "At the age of 17 I started losing my hair.It became noticeable at age 20.Then I brought minoxidil 5%. In the first month the hair fall occurred but in next month hair regrowth took place.highly recommended."

aishwarya jasbarch pune September 22, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "i am using this medicine since 1 week. I have watched, the time i am using it to my head 20 - 25 hairs are come out to my hand. is that happened with everyone whrn you all started using. This is my question."

Manav (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I had Hair loss due to Thyroid issues .This product has worked so well that I am looking at ways to hide the new growth on top until it gets to a manageable level. There is heaps of new growth and being short, is too difficult to straighten like I do with the rest of my hair. Small price to pay I know, but as I'm in my 50's the new growth is mainly gray & therefore courser leaving a 'fuzz party' on the top of my head aaaaargh! I no longer have bald patches and my hair is visually thicker. I have however added PRP treatments (Platelet-Rich Plasma) to help get the most benefit. My doctor has advised that this is a product that needs to be continued indefinitely as it only works while you are taking it. We each need to decide if the cost is worth it. I do :)"

VanessaD888 September 16, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "I used this for one month and I was devastated when the medicine left me shedding much much more hair than I had before. People told me to stick it out because that's what it's supposed to do. I'm terrified to lose more hair since my hair is already so thin, so I stopped using it. No one warned me it could get this bad."

.. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "this is second month with minoxidil 5%. i noticed hair shedding in the first month of use. however i am now noticing hair growth on my head. unluckily hair are also growing on my cheeks which i will not mind"

simsimland September 6, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I have started MX5 since 2 months and the results are good. starting one month my hair loss was more, but i was having patience and doctor asked me to continue as this is common problem. I have consulted a dermotologist doctor and she has recommended me MX5 solution 1mg night and 1mg morning. with vitamin tablets Follihair and Xtragrow tablets both 1 tablet morning after beakfast. and Juene Hair Oil and dermadew shampoo twice a week. She has asked to continue till 8 monhts. I have started with this course and she has called me for check up once every 2 months. She will guide for any changes course. My friends has notice small new hairs at crown place and i am going to continue as per doctors advice. I have not found any side effects yet"

adhoori September 3, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "I started using the men's 5% about a year ago when it was recommended by my dermatologist. I was losing handfuls of hair in shower and when combing. My part became so wide and the crown of my head had thinned drastically. I became depressed and it was all I could think about. I decided to try the Minoxidil. After three months I really noticed a difference. I had lots of new growth and my hair loss stopped. Now the thinning is no where as noticeable as it once was. My hair dresser told me I had lots of new growth and that my hair felt so much thicker. The only negatives are that I do have an increase in facial hair that I have to deal with often and that some of the regrowth is course. Even with those, I would not discontinue using it."

Anonymous woman in 40's September 2, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alopecia: "Applied 5% topic twice daily (as prescribed) Hair regrowth very significant, both at top of head and front line, within 3 or 4 months after starting using the drug BUT severe impotence and anxiety, irregular heart beat; such side effects disappeared shortly after discontinuing the use of Minoxidil topic 5%"

Phernando (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016