User Reviews for Minoxidil

Also known as: Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine, Rogaine Extra Strength, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Ronoxidil

Alopecia
6.2

Summary of Minoxidil reviews 5.8 86 reviews

Reviews for Minoxidil

Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I've been using Safeway signature 5% minoxodil now for about 2 months now, and my hair is falling out more than ever, Since I started using this product. In addition it cost me $45 bucks. So if you want to hold on to what remaining hair you may have, avoid this product at all expense."

Jim September 9, 2018

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "Look, save yourself time, money, frustration, and hope. Get your credit straight and get a Care Credit loan, drive an older car for a while and have hair transplant surgeons fix this nutty ugly mess the right way and be done with this snake oil crappy placebo. Heredity is stronger than this snake oil. You will lose more hair worrying if this ripoff works than worrying about the payments for having it fixed right."

Snake oul (taken for 10 years or more) September 3, 2018

For Alopecia: "After a month of minoxidil 5% use I've experienced erectile dysfunction, complete loss of sensitivity in the penis, zero libido, extreme weight gain, facial bloating, persistent tachycardia, swollen throat glands and thyroid, bloodshot eyes, problems with digestion and dark circles under my eyes. Most of the side effects have gone but the sexual dysfunction has persisted 3 months after stopping the treatment. Minoxidil is just as dangerous as Finasteride, beware and never touch this stuff. It has recently been proven to block the 5ARII and also severely suppress androgen receptors. If you think it's only a topical that can do no harm, please consider that just a couple of miligrams that are absorbed systemically can do that. Wish I could give this -10/10. It needs to be banned."

YoungGun (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Alopecia: "I used minoxidil for alopecia for only 3 weeks and I got prostate inflammation , pain, erectile disfunction and depression. I stopped using it, and I hope my problems will disappear.... no more....."

mickey21 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Alopecia: "I had good results with minoxidil in 2.5 months. It really works for me."

Tazzi (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "I used to have very thick hair. When I was about 65 I noticed how thin my hair was getting and was horrified. I could clearly see my scalp to the middle of the top of my head. I told this to my doctor. He mentioned Rogaine. I had heard about Rogaine for years and was thought it must be to good to be true and probably doesn't work. I began using it on October 17 2017 and it is now April 14 2018. My hair is completely normal. If I had not seen this for myself I would not have believed it. If I keep the top part cut short it actually looks thick. It is starting to grow out longer and the scalp can faintly be seen. I am more than happy with this product."

Call me Mrs Sceptic (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2018

For Alopecia: "Destroyed sex drive and no change to hair."

Rambo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2018

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I had used for 2 weeks before visiting dermatologist. I had a horrible side effects - itching, dermatitis... my scalp was burning, drained. So bad. My Derm stopped it right away. Now I'm on Spironolactone over 2 weeks. Not much difference yet .. hope working."

Sum (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Alopecia: "I had a small amount of thinning. Thought this could help me. Used this for a month. Most of my hair fell out. The rest broke off & turned to straw. I now wear hats. Couldn't be unhappier."

Stressed out (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Alopecia: "21 year old male with slowly progressing MPB since 20s. Used once daily 5% for 4 months and shedding was reduced. No objective data about effectiveness but I would say it reduced shedding and progression a little. Stopped due to palpitations and chest discomfort (not any other side effect). My advice is to keep in mind this is a long term treatment and increased shedding could be seen the first month (my case). Another thing to remind is that effectiveness can only be appreciated within 4 to 6 months of usage. Decided to stop slowly for two months and then stop completely. Approximately 2 months have passed since no minoxidil and shedding had increased a lot, but seems to be more stable now (as it was before starting any treatment). Keep in mind any result obtained WILL BE LOST AFTER 3 Months. Thinking about starting finasteride, but luckily not in a hurry. Best of luck to all the balding men reading."

MedstudentnotfromUS (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2018

For Alopecia: "I started having male pattern baldness. I starting losing hair in my 20s and I could clearly see that my hair was going for good, but I knew I was still in time if I could find something that could keep it, I didn't need anything for regrowth, only for it to stop falling. And that's what minoxidil did for me, I didn't get more hair, but I kept all my hair and it got thicker and now the hairs that fall have a root again. I'm 26 now and I can say that without minoxidil I would be bald because at 23 I was 3 months without it and it starting falling LIKE CRAZY... I guess I will use it forever or until something better comes"

International_Young (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2018

For Alopecia: "I have used it for 3 month minoxodil but it is not working for me may be but I have used for stress hair loss. I have a lot of personal stress which is the reason why I needed to use this product. Or maybe it is not suitable for me. I must say everybody that before trying minoxodil remove all thing like stress, use proper diet , and other and than if necessary then only try it"

Anonymous November 1, 2017

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I started Rogaine and Propecia about a year ago. I apply Rogaine 2x a day morning and night. I have noticed thickening of my hair and I do have a 6 month before and after picture my dermatologist took. She said I am her "poster child" for this treatment... we were both very excited! I have absolutely no noticeable side effects from either medication. Sex drive is the same as it was before medication. I also use Regenpure DR, NT, and conditioner. I wash my hair once daily as it is needed because the Rogaine foam creates a stiffness of my hair (like gel would if applied) and I have a problem w/ dandruff. My dermatologist prescribed me triamcinolone acetonide lotion to help with itchiness which I apply with a Qtip. (1/2)"

JMC41996 July 30, 2017

For Alopecia: "I used it for 4 months. Between months 3 and 4, my libido was completely gone, my penis smaller, and my erection quality terrible.....in the rare case I was able to achieve one. Its now been almost 5 months since stopping the drug and all my side effects remain with no improvement. This over the counter hair loss medicine has made me asexual. I saw the endocrinologist and he believes that minoxidil caused these side effects. There is a research article titled "minoxidil may suppress hormone receptor functions" published in 2014. He believes that my androgen receptors have been suppressed and that is why my hormone tests are all normal. Unfortunately there is no treatment besides discontinuing the drug and waiting x months/years...if ever."

Gergy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

For Alopecia: "Been using regaine for two years and 6 months first year was twice a day now only once per day. My hairline has got worse over this period and I can't say it's been worth using this at all."

Jay524744432 July 21, 2017

For Alopecia: "I originally used the liquid twice a day but switched to the once a day foam when it came out - the foam was pretty useless to me because the majority of the stuff just got stuck through my hair rather than getting on my scalp. Unfortunately my hair seemed to suffer far more - which was heartbreaking and I've gone back to the lower dose twice a day hoping it's not too late to turn it around."

Squirrel775599 June 23, 2017

For Alopecia: "I used minoxidile to grow a beard , I mean I had no real beard before . It took me long but I had it . It was magic but a longtime waiting and using minuxidile is a bit troublesome ."

iwasapatienttoo June 17, 2017

For Alopecia: "Hello guys I m really really worried about hair loss. I have been using minoxidil solution from last 18 days and applying it in the portion where i m loosing hairs. I have gone to dermatologist for hair loss problem he recommended this minoxidil solution 5% and vitamins capsule I want fast result by using this medication but it showing result but very slow I am very much tensed I want my hair back my hair is really important in my life. ...after using minoxidil solution I have small small hairs which are visible if we notice them minutely so I don't know it working or not"

Saktiman June 12, 2017

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "It is effective - I noticed less hair in shower. But I had to stop because it makes my head itch and I end up loosing hair because either I am scratching or brushing. I must be sensitive to one of chemicals. I had the same problem with 2% solution. I have to look for other way to keep my hair - I envy those who can tolerate. :("

oldladyQ June 2, 2017

For Alopecia: "Used for 75 days. Previously the rate was 50-80 hairs per day which remains same. Illusion occur sometimes like hairline increased. Don't know what to say but not working yet. Mind say stop it but somewhere there is hope. Will wait till 6 month....."

1065843 May 31, 2017

For Alopecia: "For people not getting results. If you're a woman it says specifically it is not for women & female rogaine I believe 2 be a gimmick because DHT causes most hair loss & this has 2 do with testosterone I think something else is needed for females (since this is for genetic hair loss & involves testosterone & most female hair loss is neither of these). For men saying it doesn't work try tapping it on (grabbing by circular plastic part not the rubber squeezer. Don't massage it on because you lose about half of it (unless its foam because it doesn't have the propylene glycol which is used in the liquid to penetrate the scalp and is what also probably causes the flakes/residue in the liquid form). Also use 4 @ least 3-6 months or even a year for max results."

37 yr old male genetic loss (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2017

For Alopecia: "I have been using minokem f now for about about two months. 1ml each in morning and night. First month till the end of second month shedding was worst. I was afraid of huge shedding. Now I bought supplements for next two months. Today I noticed no hair fall on my hands all of a sudden while applying minokem. I pray to god this will work and I will deal with alopecia. I am 26 years old male and hoping to get this hair problem cured permanently if only dermatologist thought about welfare rather than money."

Knase (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

For Alopecia: "Its good - I have been using it for 1 year. It takes time and you will find re growth of hair. And I don't have any side effects."

Preky May 10, 2017

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I wanted to wait till I gave it a good try before reviewing. I used it as instructed for a full year. Unfortunately it did nothing for me so I stopped. Absolutely no results on my scalp but increased facial hair, yikes! Also, I experienced nausea which I'm not 100% sure is related but pretty sure since it stopped when I stopped using the product."

Straight shooter (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2017

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "What a nightmare this has been for me. After 3 months of using rogaine, my desire to have sex has gradually dissappeared. It has been 2 months since I stopped it and nothing has changed. This side effect is not even listed as a possible reaction. And how long has this been on the market? I simply cannot believe that this poison has not been removed from the market or asexuality mentioned as a possible outcome of this. I have no idea when I will recover and if I will recover. I'm seeing a dermatologist soon. I hope he doesn't simply tell me that this is all in my head or not related to rogaine because he will not like my reaction. I am terrified...I don't know what to do about this. I plan on contacting lawyer about this"

Duvo May 3, 2017