User Reviews for Minoxidil

Also known as: Hair Regrowth Treatment for Men, Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women, Rogaine, Rogaine Extra Strength, Rogaine Men's Extra Strength, Rogaine Women's, Ronoxidil

Learn more about Minoxidil.

Alopecia 76 reviews 14 medications

6.5
Summary of Minoxidil reviews 76 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Minoxidil

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I started Rogaine and Propecia about a year ago. I apply Rogaine 2x a day morning and night. I have noticed thickening of my hair and I do have a 6 month before and after picture my dermatologist took. She said I am her "poster child" for this treatment... we were both very excited! I have absolutely no noticeable side effects from either medication. Sex drive is the same as it was before medication. I also use Regenpure DR, NT, and conditioner. I wash my hair once daily as it is needed because the Rogaine foam creates a stiffness of my hair (like gel would if applied) and I have a problem w/ dandruff. My dermatologist prescribed me triamcinolone acetonide lotion to help with itchiness which I apply with a Qtip. (1/2)"

JMC41996 July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I used it for 4 months. Between months 3 and 4, my libido was completely gone, my penis smaller, and my erection quality terrible.....in the rare case I was able to achieve one. Its now been almost 5 months since stopping the drug and all my side effects remain with no improvement. This over the counter hair loss medicine has made me asexual. I saw the endocrinologist and he believes that minoxidil caused these side effects. There is a research article titled "minoxidil may suppress hormone receptor functions" published in 2014. He believes that my androgen receptors have been suppressed and that is why my hormone tests are all normal. Unfortunately there is no treatment besides discontinuing the drug and waiting x months/years...if ever."

Gergy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "Been using regaine for two years and 6 months first year was twice a day now only once per day. My hairline has got worse over this period and I can't say it's been worth using this at all."

Jay524744432 July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I originally used the liquid twice a day but switched to the once a day foam when it came out - the foam was pretty useless to me because the majority of the stuff just got stuck through my hair rather than getting on my scalp. Unfortunately my hair seemed to suffer far more - which was heartbreaking and I've gone back to the lower dose twice a day hoping it's not too late to turn it around."

Squirrel775599 June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I used minoxidile to grow a beard , I mean I had no real beard before . It took me long but I had it . It was magic but a longtime waiting and using minuxidile is a bit troublesome ."

iwasapatienttoo June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "Hello guys I m really really worried about hair loss. I have been using minoxidil solution from last 18 days and applying it in the portion where i m loosing hairs. I have gone to dermatologist for hair loss problem he recommended this minoxidil solution 5% and vitamins capsule I want fast result by using this medication but it showing result but very slow I am very much tensed I want my hair back my hair is really important in my life. ...after using minoxidil solution I have small small hairs which are visible if we notice them minutely so I don't know it working or not"

Saktiman June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "It is effective - I noticed less hair in shower. But I had to stop because it makes my head itch and I end up loosing hair because either I am scratching or brushing. I must be sensitive to one of chemicals. I had the same problem with 2% solution. I have to look for other way to keep my hair - I envy those who can tolerate. :("

oldladyQ June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "Used for 75 days. Previously the rate was 50-80 hairs per day which remains same. Illusion occur sometimes like hairline increased. Don't know what to say but not working yet. Mind say stop it but somewhere there is hope. Will wait till 6 month....."

1065843 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "For people not getting results. If you're a woman it says specifically it is not for women & female rogaine I believe 2 be a gimmick because DHT causes most hair loss & this has 2 do with testosterone I think something else is needed for females (since this is for genetic hair loss & involves testosterone & most female hair loss is neither of these). For men saying it doesn't work try tapping it on (grabbing by circular plastic part not the rubber squeezer. Don't massage it on because you lose about half of it (unless its foam because it doesn't have the propylene glycol which is used in the liquid to penetrate the scalp and is what also probably causes the flakes/residue in the liquid form). Also use 4 @ least 3-6 months or even a year for max results."

37 yr old male genetic loss (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I have been using minokem f now for about about two months. 1ml each in morning and night. First month till the end of second month shedding was worst. I was afraid of huge shedding. Now I bought supplements for next two months. Today I noticed no hair fall on my hands all of a sudden while applying minokem. I pray to god this will work and I will deal with alopecia. I am 26 years old male and hoping to get this hair problem cured permanently if only dermatologist thought about welfare rather than money."

Knase (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "Its good - I have been using it for 1 year. It takes time and you will find re growth of hair. And I don't have any side effects."

Preky May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine Women's (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I wanted to wait till I gave it a good try before reviewing. I used it as instructed for a full year. Unfortunately it did nothing for me so I stopped. Absolutely no results on my scalp but increased facial hair, yikes! Also, I experienced nausea which I'm not 100% sure is related but pretty sure since it stopped when I stopped using the product."

Straight shooter (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "What a nightmare this has been for me. After 3 months of using rogaine, my desire to have sex has gradually dissappeared. It has been 2 months since I stopped it and nothing has changed. This side effect is not even listed as a possible reaction. And how long has this been on the market? I simply cannot believe that this poison has not been removed from the market or asexuality mentioned as a possible outcome of this. I have no idea when I will recover and if I will recover. I'm seeing a dermatologist soon. I hope he doesn't simply tell me that this is all in my head or not related to rogaine because he will not like my reaction. I am terrified...I don't know what to do about this. I plan on contacting lawyer about this"

Duvo May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I am getting incredible results at months 5-6. I always had pretty thick hair, but in my late 40s and early 50s (where I am now) it started to thin and I was getting a small vertex bald spot. I use the foam in the thin can, either CVS or Rogaine, doesn't matter. I part my hair down the middle and massage it in along the part twice a day and also a couple other spots. The bald spot is GONE and my scalp is just about invisible again. My hair looks great! Just like it did in my mid 40s, and it's been getting thicker every day lately so I have no idea where this will end. :)"

Vandervecken (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have been using rogaine for almost a year now for my stress related hair loss and it took a while to get any results. I didn't see much until the fourth month and at that time it was little fuzzy baby hairs along the hairline. Now at 11 months my hair has grown about an inch. It's a slow process but you will see results. My problem is the price. Its cheaper to get it at the store then online, but you have to be vigilant and look around for the lowest price (time consuming) "

Slimlatin March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "This product works very well. I've been using it for the past 3 years and it has been a life saver. It's restored most of the thickness I had before I began losing my hair. I think most people on here complaining that it doesn't work either aren't following the instructions on how to use it properly, or they waited until it was too late ( being completely bald) to start using it. Keep in mind too that this product takes a few months to begin working. My only complaint is it causes dandruff and itchy scalp."

Stanley94 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I used a little more than recommended to cover all thinning areas.maybe 75% of the cap each time. For the first few weeks there was shedding and then growth of hair throughout scalp (crown and most of top scalp) at month 3 to 4 of usage but at same time (month 3 to 4 of usage) , I experienced extremely low libido. I have completely stopped the medication for 3 weeks now and I think I am recovering. Thanks."

User 2525 March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I have alopecia last Dec 2016 I'm not going to doctor to consult and I tried minoxidil 5% believe it or not before my patches on my hair so big now I saw more hair in my bald patches.."

Bernardo salvador February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I have used the topical on my receding hairline. Twice a day- within two weeks I got a horrible headache that lasted 3 days. Stopped treatment. Started again once a day this time. Same effect. About two weeks went by then got headache again. Stopped treatment. The second time, I used much less. Maybe a 1/2 Tbl total. I weigh 115lbs."

JanetPaul February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for : "Have been using Rogaine for a period of 4 months and no change was noticed at all! It was prescribed by my GP in Toronto and really had a strong hope to have my hair regrown! Because it is an ineffective product, I stopped using it! It is such a waste of time and money!! I have no faith in Rogaine anymore! I recommend you take your time deciding whether to use it or not before buying it."

Honsberg (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I am using minox for 4 months , it worked a lot to me on the top region. am doing this review for those who are worried about the issue . I was one among those who searched for the reviews. but it worked perfect for me. I still have heard for many it doesn't work. I am happy that it worked for me . I don't how long am gonna use this . I'll try to use it as long as I can. Because I had great result and hope that this result will last for long time. I don't have much side effect coz I used one ml in the morning and one ml night. But when I tried 2ml straight away at night I had some drowsiness in the morning..just try this for 2 to 3 months if it works then continue or if it didn't just leave it don't continue it."

indian i used mintop (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I came to know that I had alopecia past September 2015.I started applying minoxidil 5%u2105 as per doctor suggestion.. Initially I started losing hair which was thin.. After 5 months the thin hair was replaced by new hair which was thick and strong... Currently still there is small new hair started growing...I have used it for one year and 4 months... Superb results...Now new hair has been originating on my head"

Andrew pista January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "Minoxidil is a not effective treatment. I was used minoxidil treatment 2 month but was not effective and hair loss increased over this time."

Mubasheer (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rogaine (minoxidil) for Alopecia: "I used it for 8 years and I still kept losing hair. If it is good why are there so many movie stars that are bald? For those that it does not grow hair for will be told you are one of those 20% that does not work."

Larrynorogainworks December 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia: "I wanted so badly for this stuff to work. I'm a 59 year old woman. I've had thin hair all my life but still had a full head of hair. When my hair started getting noticeably thinner with balding patches I was desperate to do something about it. My biggest fear starting it was the warning of initial dread shed. I haven't got enough hair to spare. Well the shed never happened and after a full year of faithful application, nothing else did either so I give up. Also worth noting I had terrible bouts of nausea and vomiting which has ceased since I quit the minoxidil. That's no way to live. This is not usually talked about as a side effect but I can only associate it with the use of minoxidil since I no longer have it."

Straightshooter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2016