User Reviews for Lactaid Fast Act to treat Lactose Intolerance

Lactaid Fast Act Rating Summary

2.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Lactose Intolerance.

Reviews for Lactaid Fast Act

Acc · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

“I have taken this pill 3 separate times. Every time I have taken this I have severe cramps and diarrhea. HORRIBLE DIARRHEA!!!! The first two times I took this I thought it was something I ate that was bad. Now the third time dealing with this I know that it’s the pills. When my stomach wakes me up in the Middle of the night so I can spend an hour in the bathroom is not fun. It usually lasts for 24 hours but it’s embarrassing to tell my boss I can’t come in Because I’m on the toilet. Never again will I take these and I would never recommend them.”

Momof2 · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

“My story sounds like all the others. I tried this product 2 separate times. First time I was at work. Took the Lactaid with my lunch and one hour I was sick. Vomiting and diarrhea. I had to leave and go home. I did not think it was the pills. I tried it again a few months later and same thing. Vomiting and diarrhea. I had bought a box of 60 chewables that will go to trash. I would not recommend this product to anyone.”

Sofie November 18, 2019

“Okay so I’ve been suffering from undiagnosed stomach problems they wrote off as IBS and well I’m not buying it but point is they tested me and it showed I was lactose intolerant so me being the person I am I didn’t want to upset my stomach more so I bought equate lactose pills and at first I took one or two and no problems although I never had horrible discomfort from dairy anyway just the occasional runs but BOY WAS I IN FOR IT so I took 3 lactose pills cause “no side effects” right? WRONG that was my first warning cause a couple hours later I felt like I was going to vomit and that feeling lasted two days but I figured it was what I ate SOO fast forward to last night I ate Mac n cheese at 2am and me being scared it would hurt my stomach I took 3 lactose pills and THE NEXT MORNING I WOKE UP IN PAIN and I ended up vomiting for the first time in 4 years so no more pills( figures cause I ate nachos and fried Mac n cheese prior with no pills and I was fine)”

Ecolli · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

“I've been lactose intolerant since I was a young child but I never took anything for it. I avoided regular milk and have only used lactaid milk or soy. A couple of weeks ago I decided to try lactaid fast acting pills because I was tired of the gas and upset stomach. This medicine has caused me severe stomach pains and diarrhea. I am currently curled up in a ball in pain. I would rather have terrible gas than take this pill again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2019

“I have been using lactaid milk for a while for my morning cup of coffee and still had issues with bloating and gas so I recently decided to use the lactaid fast act. I noticed that there were days where my stomach would hurt an hour or two after the pill, but nothing too insanely bad. But today I only drank my coffee and one of the pills and three hours later at work I was in a cold sweat and puking my life away. I hate leaving early so it was super embarrassing and when I got home I felt the same stomach pain I usually get from the lactaid pill and additionally I started having really bad diarrhea. This pill was supposed to make me more comfortable, but I almost puked all over my coworkers and pooped to within an inch of my life at home. I'm hesitant to ever take these again.”

Jason · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2019

“Suspected I was lactose intolerant so I cut out dairy: Got nostalgic of ice-cream and other dairy treats real quick: Gave Lactaid a try at the recommendation of friends and doctor. Several times felt like I was dying. I was up sweating all night with severe stomach pain, felt like my intestines were being wrung into a knot, and prayed for diarrhea: which eventually did come and didn't stop for an hour. This happened to me several times on separate occasions until it dawned on me it could be the lactaid pills. I never took these horrible things again and I’ve never had the issue reoccur. I’d rather yolo a bowl of ice-cream and let the lactose intolerance run it’s course than suffer the immense pain these lactose pills caused me.”

Hugo V · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

“I took the chewable lactaids on 3 occasions. The first time, I had to miss work for the remainder of the day as I was vomiting non-stop. Next time the same. The 3rd and last time, I ended up in the ER, I was in pain, fever, diarrhea and vomiting at the same time. My wife was the one who recalled that all 3 times I was sick, it was when I used Lactaid Fast Act chewable tablets. NEVER AGAIN. I did not believe it so I tried eating the cheese I had that night without Lactaid, and I did not have any symptoms except the usual bloating I get from lactose. I prefer bloating than spending a night hooked to the intraveinous fluids thing.”

janio · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 3, 2016

“I took 2-3 lactaid tablets yesterday and have severe stomach pains. This happened 2 months ago and I had to undergo two weeks of antibiotics to treat an h. pylori infection. Going for another h. pylori breath test today. Lactaid may disrupt stomach flora.”

necee December 2, 2015

“After taking 1 dose of lactase enzyme supplement 9000 units along with some ice creme I felt sick to my stomach I had stomach pains nausea just an overall feeling of sickness which lasted for most of the day”

Liin · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2015

“I have taken Lactaid fast action twice now ( one week apart ) both times within hours I had diarrhea and vomiting. Won't be using this product again.”

madapice1929 February 5, 2011

“I have been on the milk ever since it came out. It was a blessing for me because I am a milk drinker. I took the pills before the chewable but when the they came out I was thrilled at how fast they worked and they are good tasting so what could be better?? Not a thing. Thank you and to who ever came up with the chewables. I would like the coupons. ”

Learn more about Lactose Intolerance

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)

More about Lactaid Fast Act (lactase)

Other brands: Lactaid, Lactaid Ultra, SureLac