User Reviews for Hydrocortisone / neomycin / polymyxin b

Also known as: AK-Spore HC Otic Suspension, Antibiotic Ear, Cort-Biotic, Cortatrigen, Cortatrigen Modified, Cortisporin Otic, Cortomycin, Drotic, Masporin Otic, Oti-Sone, Otimar, Otocort Sterile Solution, Otocort Sterile Suspension, Pediotic, UAD Otic

Learn more about Hydrocortisone/neomycin/polymyxin b.

Otitis Externa 7 reviews 64 medications

4.7
Otitis Media 5 reviews 136 medications

2.6
Other 1 reviews

Summary of Hydrocortisone/neomycin/polymyxin b reviews 13 reviews 3.6

Reviews for Hydrocortisone/neomycin/polymyxin b

For Otitis Externa: "Started it today after a 7 day course of ciprodex failed to work. This stuff burns badly, so I hope it works!!!"

Anonymous September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa: "THIS STUFF IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT USE IT!!! My girlfriend started using this (prescribed by doctor) for an ear infection (swimmers ear), and reported extremely painful symptoms when using this stuff. Now, she can't hear anything out of her ear. I'm so freaking mad that the doctor prescribed this medicine. DO NOT USE!!"

Tayaa August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "Because of this medicine, my hearing is damaged... Perhaps permanently is what the consensus is. Never use."

hearing lost (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa: "Tip top"

Ear ache. Swimmers ear (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "In my experience, this medication soothed my aching ear considerably."

sunnykim32 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "I had an ear infection after having swimmers ear. Dr prescribed me this and now I have hearing loss!!! It's horrible!"

Anonymous February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa: "I'm not a swimmer, but I get ear infections a lot. I always get prescribed this and it always works in under 10 days. Wish it was available OTC."

Silveretta January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa: "I used to get swimmers ear. These drops always fixed that in a few days. I now always flush my ears with vinegar/peroxide after swimming/diving, and don't much have the problem any more."

Attof September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "I went to my doctor for earache relief and I was prescribed this medication. My doctor knows of my medical history with earaches, ear ruptures, and perforated eardrum. I had my daughter place ear drops into ear, as soon as she did I felt a burning going down my ear, I got up screaming in pain and could even taste the medicine. With all the excruciating pain, I ran to the nearest E.R. where I was told by doctor that he had never seen the entire eardrum membrane missing like it was in my ear. I am waiting to see an ENT, but I too am considering to sue for this!"

Not Happy! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cortisporin Otic (hydrocortisone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Otitis Externa: "I had a HORRIBLE allergic reaction to the ear drops! The medication made my look like I had a chemical burn on the right side of my face and blister like on my ear. The itching was immune to Benadryl and I am hoping my face will heal soon."

Irama Tenej (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "This was prescribed to my son who has tubes in his ears.... It caused him even more pain and once the crying stopped it put him in a comatosed state for an hour or more each time we put them in.... We stopped it even though his dr said to continue for two more days... I couldn't watch my 2 year old go through this any more... We are contemplating a law suit against the dr who prescribed them as it may have caused hearing loss.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa: "I have been using these ear drops for 4 days now. I had itching in my right ear and pain in my left. Doctor said it was a mild skin infection/irritation. When I put the drops in the right ear, the itching becomes intense for a few minutes. But it does seem to help in the long run. The drops in the left ear I can hardly feel. That ear seems "full". The pain seems to have been alleviated though."

pawestiegirl (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "Horrible. These eardrops didn't work at all. 7 days later and I'm still miserable!"

Aprilc091234 January 15, 2016