User Reviews for Ciprodex

Learn more about Ciprodex.

Otitis Externa 6 reviews 64 medications

7.4
Otitis Media 15 reviews 135 medications

6.9
Summary of Ciprodex reviews 21 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ciprodex

For Otitis Media "A doctor prescribed this for an inner ear infection caused by another medication. I used it twice and the pain in my ear has increased tremendously, there is swelling and itching, my tongue is swelling and everything tastes funny. I have also had 3 episodes of dizziness, and my entire head and face itch. I'm a veteran, was not able to get this through the VA because of a weekend emergency, and don't have any other insurance except Medicare, the cost was $222.90, and another $81.00 for another oral medicine that I could only take one time and had to throw it up. Hopefully my ears will eventually heal themselves without any more help from the doctor because I can't afford being a guinea pig."

glenbo (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

"I developed severe pain in my ear after flyinf home from vacation with a horrible head cold. Upon landing the pain in my ears was so bad I could just lean forward and hold my head as tears rolled down my face. (I traveled every week for 20 years, during my career, with no problem with ear pain). I thought the pain would go away with time, but after three weeks I decided to see my ENT. He prescribed Ciprodex. Within one day the pain was greatly reduced, but I faced severe swelling under my eye, swelling in my neck, cough, congestion and basically felt sick. I stuck with the drops for 4 days, but couldn't take the side effects so I stopped. I will call my ENT after the holiday."

Wmjc September 4, 2016

For Otitis Externa "Went on vacation for about five days which included swimming almost everyday. On the last day, after a shower my right ear became plugged. Tried using alcohol/vinegar mixes and ear wax remover drops for almost a week but neither worked. Nurse did a flush and the ear was clogged with wax and sand balls which irritated the area. Was given this medicine which I've used for only a day but has already decreased the soreness tremendously. Walmart said it was 292 and I'm not sure where that price came from since most sites and people online are stating 190-230. Ending up remembering I had prescription insurance and that reduced it to $58."

BusyBee31 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

For Otitis Media "I had been battling ear eczema for 3 years with an infection and had been on several medications before this one and I used it once and my ear completely healed up"

Anonymousdetails May 6, 2016

For Otitis Externa "Without my insurance covering Ciprodex, I just paid $230 for 1/3 an ounce at pharmacy. I have never had an ear infection but recently got a super nasty one from the ocean water in Puerto Rico. Been on Ciprodex for two days and it has helped OR was it the cephlaxin and amoxicillin?"

Stibler (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

For Otitis Media "My 6 year old was prescribed this and when I found out the cost I googled coupons for it and got it cheap! Had the pharmacist try a few of the codes until it came down in price. Works great too!"

J.Leann December 21, 2015

For Otitis Media "I had been battling the worst ear infection for about three days with a big ear ache that I finally gave in on the fourth day and went to the doctor who prescribed Ciprodex. I felt relief from the first dosage. I'm going on my fourth day using this medicine, and my pain is completely gone. I still have somewhat of a stuffed ear and loss of hearing, but I can slowly start to hear more and the stuffiness is going away. The only downfall is that even with my insurance, this medicine cost me $85! I will say given the amount of ear pain I've endured lately that the price was worth it!!"

VelG November 9, 2015

For Otitis Externa "I had an ear infection I went to the ER and the gave me Ciprodex and told me to use it for 7 days but I didn't need to because my infection was gone after 2 days of using Ciprodex..... I will think it works great..."

sinnasta (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

For Otitis Externa "My son while at his mothers put a plastic bead for making jewelry in his ear. They didnt have tools at ER and we needed a followup for ENT doctor to get it out. So prevent any type of infection they gave us Ciprodex and Antipyrine-Benzoca. For Ciprodex alone a 7 day supply they billed insurance company $203.08. Of that a 7 day supply cost me $17 out of pocket. Thank you insurance for paying the rest."

CrazyKidsAlwaysSomething March 23, 2015

For Otitis Externa "I just took it today and I got relief right way. I was able to sleep. But it's too early to say it I have week ahead to use it. I hope it works, good luck to me."

Edyr January 3, 2015

For Otitis Externa "I used it one time. And I feel better"

Anonymous December 11, 2014

For Otitis Media "I like how it cleans out my ear. It calmed down my pain in 2 days. I'm using 4 drops twice a day. The only problem is a little loss of hearing, I believe it's the wax built up inside my ear and the infection. Now I'm going to get my ear cleaned by my doctor today."

Merv3x (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2012

For Otitis Media "This always does the trick for my ear infections. I have ear tubes and Ciprodex is far more effective than anything taken orally. I don't get side effects."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

For Otitis Media "These drops were really effective. "

Carol171 August 11, 2011

For Otitis Media "It works well but it depends on the severity of your ear infection whether it's inner or middle (which is worse)."

aniol3k25 July 16, 2011

"I had gone through 2 doctors, and 2 different prescriptions before going to a third doctor and getting these drops, They worked great for me, however, I developed another infection in my other ear and so far these drops are doing nothing for the second infection. And as for the cost, I don't know about States... but in Canada it's around $60 without a plan and I got it for $7.47 with my plan."

Anonymous October 6, 2010

For Otitis Media "I've been using this medication for 3 days now. The pain from my infection is gone, but the ringing in my ear is still there, and everything is muffled. I am also on an oral antibiotic for tonsilitis and sinus infection as well. Overall I am very happy with this medication. Only downside is that if I had not had insurance this medication would have cost $101, with insurance it was only $25."

Anonymous December 19, 2009

For Otitis Media "Ciprodex was prescribed by my ENT doctor in Portland Oregon in January 2008. Immediately after using this drug I developed serious vertigo issues that resulted in a fall. I also got tinnitus, ringing in the ears which is especially annoying. "

Anonymous September 16, 2009

For Otitis Media "My two year old had severe ear infection and did not respond to this antibiotic at all so after five straight days of 104 temperature and vomiting the doctor gave a shot of Rocephin which broke the fever immediately and started the healing of the ears and then finished with a round of Augmentin. We did however get the severe diaper rash that the letter said could accompany this medication. "

Anonymous September 2, 2009

For Otitis Media "Works great but expensive."

Anonymous August 16, 2009

For Otitis Media "While it works fine it is so expensive, over $140.00 before insurance. Insurance only took $30.00 off this cost."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

For Otitis Media "This medicine really helped my son during his severe infections."

Anonymous April 23, 2009

For Otitis Media "My ear problem went away in one day."

stevenn210 February 17, 2009