User Reviews for Ciprodex

Learn more about Ciprodex.

Otitis Media 16 reviews 136 medications

6.8
Otitis Externa 16 reviews 64 medications

5.5
Summary of Ciprodex reviews 32 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Ciprodex

For Otitis Externa "While this med helped my ear pain and infection heal... the swollen mouth, jaw, tongue, and face were too unbearable I quit the drops after 4 days. My doc advised me there was no way my swelling came from the drops. I insisted on prednisone and then picked up zyrtec, pepcid, and benydryl Those meds, combined with 50 mg of prednisone I'm feeling much better. I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm wondering if my pcn allergy is related to my cipro allergy. I'll never go back to that doctor."

Lindsm August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "I developed an outer ear infection after a month of daily swimming. I was in a lot of pain and went to the doctors which prescribed these drops. With insurance it still cost me $60 out of pocket. Which I would have been more than happy to pay if it had helped relieved the pain. However, my pain is worse now. The drops have only made the pain 10x worse. I'm now on day 4th and have decided to stop using them going back to the doctors for an alternative. I'm really bummed out as we leave on vacation this Sunday and the pain is unbearable."

M.Kerbs (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "It took away the swelling and pain in about 24 hours. It slightly improved the loss of hearing after 7 days but I still can't hear like normal. Way way too expensive, $270 in which insurance covered abut $50. $220 for a tiny bottle of mediocre medicine."

Waitfornever (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "This hurts so bad I'm not sleeping at night I'm in constant pain from the medication. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and reporting this I feel like I stuck poison in my ear. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS UNLESS U WANNA BE IN SO MUCH PAIN!!!!"

Leelee05 July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "Wish I had never taken this drug. I had a mild ear infection (not much pain). Ever since taking this, over six months ago, there has been a constant noise in my ear. Plus in spite of the fact that there is no evidence of an infection now, I am experiencing off-and-on pain in the ear. I believe this drug contributed to the constant "noise" I'm now experiencing. I doubt it will go away and it is horrible."

SheJay (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "The cost was expensive at $38.90 in Australia! No rebate. 2 drops x 5 days into my left ear. It made my hearing worse. After 5 days I have constant ringing in my left ear. I wouldn't recommend CIPROXIN HC ear drops for any one! I went to the doctor after 2 days and told her it was worse and she claims the inflammation was gone, keep using it!"

fotomarc (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "I started using Ciprodex, and in 24hrs, massive change and improved difference. The ear swelling came completely down which was a huge relief. Now just waiting for the hearing to come back once the clog goes away. It feels like its sooo close to being normal."

Tod19 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "SMALL BOTTLE, PURCHASED AT PHARMACY for $264.000!! Insurance paid for $214. 50 for 7 days treatment. Yet a 2% acidic solution and cortisol for swelling is recommended. How in the world can we expect these companies to accept the risk of insuring people"

Anonymous May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "Still using it I just can't believe the states. U guys pay $208? Gawd even without insurance it's only 50 bucks though I paid $7.08 with my plan. Poor people"

Chickchaman January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "I have only been on this medication for one day for both internal and external ear infection. Within hours of taking it, my ear started to swell even more than it already was, causing it to hurt tremendously to open my mouth, chew, and even swallow. I was in pain before, but since taking ciprodex the pain has increased a substantial amount. I was told it should get better with 48 hours. I can't take the drops anymore due to all the swelling and pain, also hearing loss. I'm hoping this clears up soon with just the pal medication I was also prescribed."

Mollie O'Conner December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "I had an outer ear infection..These drops made my left ear feel clogged up and ringing in my ear and ear pain. I would not recommend this medicine. I'm hoping it is temporary. .."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "A doctor prescribed this for an inner ear infection caused by another medication. I used it twice and the pain in my ear has increased tremendously, there is swelling and itching, my tongue is swelling and everything tastes funny. I have also had 3 episodes of dizziness, and my entire head and face itch. I'm a veteran, was not able to get this through the VA because of a weekend emergency, and don't have any other insurance except Medicare, the cost was $222.90, and another $81.00 for another oral medicine that I could only take one time and had to throw it up. Hopefully my ears will eventually heal themselves without any more help from the doctor because I can't afford being a guinea pig."

glenbo (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I developed severe pain in my ear after flyinf home from vacation with a horrible head cold. Upon landing the pain in my ears was so bad I could just lean forward and hold my head as tears rolled down my face. (I traveled every week for 20 years, during my career, with no problem with ear pain). I thought the pain would go away with time, but after three weeks I decided to see my ENT. He prescribed Ciprodex. Within one day the pain was greatly reduced, but I faced severe swelling under my eye, swelling in my neck, cough, congestion and basically felt sick. I stuck with the drops for 4 days, but couldn't take the side effects so I stopped. I will call my ENT after the holiday."

Wmjc September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "Went on vacation for about five days which included swimming almost everyday. On the last day, after a shower my right ear became plugged. Tried using alcohol/vinegar mixes and ear wax remover drops for almost a week but neither worked. Nurse did a flush and the ear was clogged with wax and sand balls which irritated the area. Was given this medicine which I've used for only a day but has already decreased the soreness tremendously. Walmart said it was 292 and I'm not sure where that price came from since most sites and people online are stating 190-230. Ending up remembering I had prescription insurance and that reduced it to $58."

BusyBee31 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "I had been battling ear eczema for 3 years with an infection and had been on several medications before this one and I used it once and my ear completely healed up"

Anonymousdetails May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "Without my insurance covering Ciprodex, I just paid $230 for 1/3 an ounce at pharmacy. I have never had an ear infection but recently got a super nasty one from the ocean water in Puerto Rico. Been on Ciprodex for two days and it has helped OR was it the cephlaxin and amoxicillin?"

Stibler (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "My 6 year old was prescribed this and when I found out the cost I googled coupons for it and got it cheap! Had the pharmacist try a few of the codes until it came down in price. Works great too!"

J.Leann December 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "I had been battling the worst ear infection for about three days with a big ear ache that I finally gave in on the fourth day and went to the doctor who prescribed Ciprodex. I felt relief from the first dosage. I'm going on my fourth day using this medicine, and my pain is completely gone. I still have somewhat of a stuffed ear and loss of hearing, but I can slowly start to hear more and the stuffiness is going away. The only downfall is that even with my insurance, this medicine cost me $85! I will say given the amount of ear pain I've endured lately that the price was worth it!!"

VelG November 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "I had an ear infection I went to the ER and the gave me Ciprodex and told me to use it for 7 days but I didn't need to because my infection was gone after 2 days of using Ciprodex..... I will think it works great..."

sinnasta (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "My son while at his mothers put a plastic bead for making jewelry in his ear. They didnt have tools at ER and we needed a followup for ENT doctor to get it out. So prevent any type of infection they gave us Ciprodex and Antipyrine-Benzoca. For Ciprodex alone a 7 day supply they billed insurance company $203.08. Of that a 7 day supply cost me $17 out of pocket. Thank you insurance for paying the rest."

CrazyKidsAlwaysSomething March 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "I just took it today and I got relief right way. I was able to sleep. But it's too early to say it I have week ahead to use it. I hope it works, good luck to me."

Edyr January 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Externa "I used it one time. And I feel better"

Anonymous December 11, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "I like how it cleans out my ear. It calmed down my pain in 2 days. I'm using 4 drops twice a day. The only problem is a little loss of hearing, I believe it's the wax built up inside my ear and the infection. Now I'm going to get my ear cleaned by my doctor today."

Merv3x (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "This always does the trick for my ear infections. I have ear tubes and Ciprodex is far more effective than anything taken orally. I don't get side effects."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media "These drops were really effective. "

Carol171 August 11, 2011