User Reviews for Hexachlorophene

Also known as: pHisoHex, Septisol Foam

Learn more about Hexachlorophene.

Skin Disinfection, Preoperative 1 reviews 11 medications

Acne 2 reviews 504 medications

5.5
Summary of Hexachlorophene reviews 3 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Hexachlorophene

pHisoHex (hexachlorophene) for Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: "Before Phisohex could only be purchased by prescription, I used it regullarly for feminine hygenine. The product worked perfect, was long lasting, and I never had any side affects. I used Phisohex from 1966 until, much to my dismay, it was taken off my druggist over the counter shelves and could only be purchased with a prescription. Would still be using it if I could. Wonderful solution!"

Anonymous October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I used hexachlorophene before it was taken off the market. I used it once and it burned my face so badly I had to see a dermatologist for months and repeatedly have my face scraped and wrapped like a mummy. I wasn't the only one in my family to use it. Three of us used it at the same time. We all had a chemical burn but mine was worse because my skin was much lighter. The company then came out with Phiso-Hex. I never used it, but I would suggest to use extreme caution or better yet find something without hexachlorophene in it."

Maria M L (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I had terrible acne at 13. PhisoHex was an over counter cleanser. I was instructed to use it daily and that my acne may get worse at first, but after about two weeks my skin would begin to clear up. This is exactly what happened. I used it for at least 5 years and my skin was flawless. I stopped using it because it was taken off the market"

Sew girl 65 February 13, 2014