User Reviews for Zymar

Zymar has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Conjunctivitis
7.8
Conjunctivitis, Bacterial
10.0
Ophthalmic Surgery  Off-label
10.0

Man From Ohio · July 29, 2008

For Conjunctivitis "I am a 63 year old man who came down with Conjunctivitis on a Friday afternoon. I spent a miserable weekend before getting in to see my eye doctor. I paid $72 for my tiny bottle of Zymar, and to me, it was worth every penny. My first application of Zymar really knocked it down, and subsequent applications really cleared it up. I was so miserable, it made me wonder what life was like before these medical miracles. Thank God for the people who invent these wonderful drugs!"

It's Bridget · August 24, 2009

For Ophthalmic Surgery "My doctor prescribed Zymar for Post-op treatment after my Lasik procedure. It seems to be working just fine. Although, I have no painful symptoms to compare it's effectiveness too. It does cause slightly blurred vision immediately after using it but it only lasts for a few minutes. I have gotten hot-flashes a few times and wonder if this is a side-effect of the drug."

Anonymous · April 26, 2009

For Conjunctivitis "I've been using Zymar for a week for conjunctivitis and it has had only a slight improvement. Everyday I kept hoping for the redness to go away. I used something else last year and got results within 3 days. The doctors are resistant to changing the medication, but it is certainly indicated. I've been out of work for a week. I'm frustrated."

Anonymous · February 26, 2008

For Conjunctivitis "The cost of this medication is nothing short of rape. $60 for a tiny 5mL bottle. When will this end?"

Anonymous · April 30, 2008

For Conjunctivitis "Zymar was very effective - only issue was the cost. Thankfully my eye doctor gave me two sample bottles that carried me though treatments so I did not have to pay for the prescription."

andy pandy · June 6, 2009

For Conjunctivitis "Fixes it right away every time."

Me · Taken for less than 1 month · August 8, 2018

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial "Gatifloxacin hemihydrate is very good for blepharoconjuctivitis that cause by staphylococcus aureus. Staphylococcal infection"