User Reviews for Fluorouracil to treat Stomach Cancer

Reviews for Fluorouracil

BullDog · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 12, 2020

“I have been on 5FU for 19 months in combination with Herceptin. My cycle is every two weeks. Initially I also had Oxycelipatin (sp) but I had trouble with neuropathy. My Oncologist expected me to pass in six months to two years. After 19 months of treatment she said, " To be brutally honest I did not expect you to still be here." I am still reasonably healthy, eat well and maintain my weight. My only real problem is that the Herceptin is affecting my heart rhythms. I have the HER2+ protein and my cancer has been found in my Liver. I have had two CT scans wherein I have had a partial response. The rest of my CT scans have shown a stable condition. Scans are conducted every three to four cycles. I am confident that I will make the two year and more timeframe for my life. My Oncologist and Cardiologist are a good team! During my ordeal I have also had to have a Pacemaker installed and may yet have to have it removed and replaced with an ICD. 5FU and Herceptin are working.”

Learn more about Stomach Cancer