User Reviews for Flibanserin

Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
3.5

Reviews for Flibanserin

Girl · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2021

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I have only taken this medication for 2 days now and I will discontinue. Unlike others who say it makes them sleepy, I am experiencing the opposite. I don’t experience any sort of “sedative” affect after taking it. I fall asleep quite normally, however I wake up 3 - 4 hours later and cannot go back to sleep. It causes my mind to race and makes me restless. I have epilepsy and lack of sleep causes my seizures. I paid $99 for this med, after the website said it was only $20 a month. They claimed even with my insurance, that is as low as they could go. I am very disappointed all the way around. I was really hoping this message would work but for that price and the restless nights, it is not worth it.”

Cee March 27, 2021

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “On this med for 3 weeks. All it does is make me sleep. I have never slept for 9 hours before until this med. It does absolutely nothing for my sex drive. I still feel as if I am dead. Not refills for me.”

Frustrated · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2021

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I took Addyi a few years ago and had no problems, but it didn't help my sex drive either. Recently I thought I would try it again. The 2 times I took the pill I had severe vomiting the night I took it. I will discontinue. (I had 3 glasses of wine 4 hours before taking it.)”

Lisa September 6, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I know that usually the people that review things are those that have negative results, so I wanted to make sure that women in my shoes gave this a shot. Addyi has given me back my libido completely. My sweet husband has been so patient with me for years now - I dreaded his advances- I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to want/desire intimacy again. It’s absolutely the best thing ever! Thank you! Addyi!!! and my husband thanks you!”

Hafabnr · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I can't imagine life without addyi! I forgot what have a libido felt like until I started taking Addyi. I love my husband and literally dreaded having sex. I only wish I found this sooner! I have had no issues since taking it and I'm on my 3rd month. My biggest fear is becoming immune to it. Kudos to you Addyi for giving us women our sex life back!”

Ellie April 12, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION! You’ll read some amazing reviews, but I urge you to read the bad ones as well, because they’re all legitimate. This drug was actually pulled off the market once before. Addyi is so incredibly dangerous. From day one I felt different. I was drowsy all day for the two months I was on it. On top of that, the dizziness and headaches were nearly unbearable. Driving was terrifying because half the time I couldn’t see very well. But of course I would do anything for my husband. Finally I visited my doctor and explained it to her. My RESTING heart rate was at 140 bpm. (I’m 23, and weigh 110 lbs, and am very healthy). She was furious and shocked that this Addyi company didn’t have full disclosures of all the side effects. She had to give me an injection to get rid of the headaches. I had to miss 5 days of work before the more serious side effects went away. It took another week for the drowsiness to stop. Save yourself the money and the pain.”

DDChickadee · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2016

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I've been on Addyi now for 4 weeks and it is working for me! I've went from that dread every time my husband wantedv sex to a great desire for him. I'm finding when I think of sex which I often do now I'm on Addyi, I get a tingling feeling in my libido. We went from sex twice a year to a few times a week and getting better. It has also helped with my depression. The plus is better lubrication and multiple big O's. I only had nausea the 1st day. I normally have high blood pressure but Addyi brought my blood pressure down to normal so I don't have to take blood pressure medication now. Good luck ladies and don't get discouraged because of the media because they don't know what the outcome is because it's new.”

Ahdi512 July 13, 2016

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I was a HUGE skeptic but my lack of libido was threatening my marriage. I love my husband enough to give it a go. Within 3 weeks I was astonished. I forgot, literally forgot what it felt like to get horny and only started to remember after Addyi! This medication works!!!!! I now am convinced I had hypo active sexual desire. Despite loving my husband I dreaded sex. Now I enjoy it again and feel the desire that was so lacking. I am a big fan of this medication. I highly recommend it. It's worth a shot if it works as well for you as its working for me.”

AccurateLady88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Suffered from HSDD for many years. Happy marriage of 15 years otherwise; I would change nothing. We are best friends and travel the world together. I was physically present at the FDA in Silver Spring, MD when this was approved and cried happy tears. I was almost one of the ones interviewed but I chickened out. Fought with my doctor to prescribe it. It was covered by my insurance. I took Addyi religiously for 4 months all the while abstaining from alcohol. It did absolutely NOTHING! No change in heart rate, no dry mouth, no dizziness and sadly still no libido. My disappointment was great. I reallllly wanted it to work for me but I’m happy it worked for some others.”

Maria · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now. The first two night I experienced every side effect listed, the first night specifically the side effects where horrible and it really scared me and was feeling defeated that I wouldn't be able to continue on it. Decided to try it more days and have had no side effects again since the second night. So I would recommend to not get scared off it too quickly. My desire hasn’t increased dramatically yet but I am aware it takes at least 4 weeks to see effects. I am optimistic it will work for me. I hope more people take the time to share experiences on this drug. I am on the free trial so so far I have paid nothing out of pocket.”

Sarah November 13, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I used to be a very sexual person with my husband but my libido dropped to nothing after breastfeeding. I started Addyi with the hope of improving my sex drive. After two weeks, I did notice a definite difference. I was occasionally genuinely aroused now, which was good, but the biggest change was that my ability to orgasm is back to normal! However, it has impacted my sleep. It does have a sedative effect within 15 mins of taking it, and I will go right to sleep. That part is nice. BUT I wake up suddenly from 4-7am and cannot fall back asleep. If I have the day off, I can go back to sleep at 7am and sleep for another couple hours. I’m currently on week 4. If the sleep issue doesn’t go away by week 6, I am going to stop the medication. Also, like other reviewers say, I do think I have a “shorter fuse” on the drug, and sometimes I am more angry than I would normally be. But that could also be from not getting good sleep for several nights in a row.”

sb June 28, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I have been taking Addyi for 7 weeks. Before Addyi I had a hard time falling asleep and couldn't wake up in the morning. I was always tired. I did experience nightime dizziness for the first week and it makes me drowsy or relaxed. Now I fall asleep easily and wake up much earlier in the morning and feel alert and awake. No more wasted days of sleeping half the day and having no energy to do anything. I feel like Addyi has given me my life back. The sexual improvement is subtle. I'm not obsessed with sex but I am no longer repulsed by it and I no longer have dryness issues. I have social anxiety and am still unsure if Addyi has made that better or worse. I may be more anxious than before, but the episodes pass more quickly. The telemed provider can be difficult to deal with. My ins covers Addyi as long as a form is submitted by the doctor. I had to fight with them to get the paperwork filled out. Took 3 tries, but its finally taken care of and Im only paying my $20 monthly copay now.”

Ber · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Have been on for a little over 2 weeks. Puts you right to sleep which was cool. free for 8 weeks to get, also cool. I've been crying about everything though, angry, and ridiculously anxious. Jaw pain?, Dry mouth, constipation. Didn't help my sex drive but I'm not going to continue to see if it kicks in, in a few weeks. Not worth it. Was so hopeful for this and am so disappointed.”

KRB November 3, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I experienced a rare and serious side affect of Addyi; severe shortness of breath, dizzyness, and racing heart. It started about two weeks after I began taking Addyi, and I didn't make the connection to my new medication. I assumed it was COVID-19, took a week off work, and had 2 negative COVID tests. Long story short, after another week of struggling to breathe in the mornings that was continuing to get worse, I googled "Addyi shortness of breath". I had previously googled "Addyi side effects" and shortness of breath wasn't listed. Turns out, it IS a side affect. So is a rash, which explains the rash on the back of my hand. Additionally, it can have a drug interaction with TWO medications I am on: Buspirone and SSRI's, aka the antidepressant class my Lexapro falls under. I should never have been prescribed Addyi, and the telehealth pharmacist I was referred to by the Addyi website should have known that. I told the guy every medication I'm on, including dose and time of day.”

Notstimulated · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I signed up for a free 2 month trial with this company. As soon as my second refill was due, they said they were not going to honor the agreement. The Addyi does not work. It only made me sleepy, nothing more. I decided that I would pay the $99.00 to give the drug a fair 2-month trial. NOTHING... changed. I do not recommend this nonsense.”

Neveragain123 · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I’m being a tad dramatic, but I saw my life flash before my eyes last night after taking my first dose. It honestly scared me so bad I really thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. My heart rate went down so fast, I truly understand why they say take it at night. I put on my Apple Watch on immediately so I could get a read on my pulse and it went from 123 to 54bmp and it kept going up and down like that for and hour. I HAD TO CRAWL TO THE BATHROOM, because I was too scared to stand up and go throw up my stomach contents. It took about 20 minutes to really hit me. Feeling like this is def not worth the experience. I do not recommend this drug.”

Olivia June 15, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Do you enjoy passing out? Do you like receiving multiple calls from Sprout Pharmaceuticals? I was on Addyi for just two weeks and my heart rate was dangerously low. I felt lightheaded every time I stood up and came close to passing out a couple of times, and felt like I was going to pass out while driving. I am not a person who passes out or gets lightheaded. My primary care doctor advised me to discontinue the it. I didn’t drink AT ALL while taking this med. I didn’t want to be charged for another month, so I called the number and told them I’d like to discontinue. Since then, sprout has contacted me FIVE TIMES asking questions about my adverse reaction. Same questions every time - did you drink alcohol? Do you have a preexisting condition? Did you take any other medications than what we have on file? Do you have the batch number on the bottle? I don’t know if their employees can’t keep records straight or don’t communicate, but it’s nearly harassment at this point.”

L.c. March 3, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Why I stopped taking this medicine: 1) didn't increase my sexual desires/thoughts 2) within 30-45 minutes of taking it, I would feel extremely drowsy for the 1-2 weeks, to where I couldn't hardly function. If I was sitting I would fall asleep where I sat. Hubby would wake me up to go to bed and I would feel out of it like I was drunk 3) While it acted like a sleeping pill for me shortly after I took it, I would always wake up between 4-5 hours after taking it and be up the rest of then night. This lasted the first 2-3 weeks. 4) the straw that broke the camels back is around week 3-4 I would get so upset/angry over the smallest issues, I felt more like the Hulk more than anything.”

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Do not waste your time on this. It is an overpriced sleeping pill that has awful side effects. After a few weeks taking it and feeling constantly exhausted, I did some research and found that it was rejected by the FDA multiple times before it was finally approved. If that is not a red flag I don’t know what is. This pill is a scam by a woman who claims to empower other women, but is actually taking their money and giving them a dangerous, and at best ineffective product and a bunch of false hope in return.”

Shy · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I really wanted to give this a great try! After weeks of taking it the only thing that changed was my temper. Small things would set me off into a monster, I hated it my heart hurt but I couldn't control my angry feeling. As it was the only change in my life I immediately quit taking it and life is back to normal.. Only thing this medication did for me was turn me into someone completely different, with still no sexual desire.”

BigBrightBlueJai · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “So I'm at the end of the week 1 with Addyi. My insurance approved the medical necessity of it. I'm currently in Prozac 40 in the morning and Addyi at night. Everyone seems to be complaining about sleeping too much with this medication. I'm not experiencing sleepiness at all. In fact in order to get some half way decent sleep I'm occasionally having to take a unisom. I did get wet while having sex with hubby last night. I guess that's a plus. We shall see how I do as time goes on.”

Rae Rae · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Within the first 2 hours of taking Addyi my hands and feet went numb, shortness of breath, blood pressure drop was drastic. My body temperature dropped and then the panic attack set in the that lasted on and off for 4 hours. It felt like a severe hangover and food poisoning together. I would not recommend this medication to anyone!!!!!!! Do your research!!!!”

Pharmacist · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2018

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I have been taking Addyi for two months and I find it very effective. We finally have a choice and it seems like such a struggle to maintain it. I look forward to many more advances in the field of female HSDD.”

Georgia User · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Started using Addyi 10/12/2020. I'm 45 year old female, 180 lbs ish. I believe I am at the end of pre-menopause, the stretch between cycles has gotten longer. I have completed one full bottle of the medication. I researched and read many reviews so I started with 1/2 a pill for about a week then progressed to a full pill by the weekend so that my spouse was home to watch me. It is a great sleep aid since menopause causes insomnia. I had no severe side effects that many women shared. I am concerned that I may be more emotional now. As far as libido, I have started to be more interested. I have also been using Vit E suppositories (before and during). I hope to come back again to give an additonal update. If it does not work more by end of the 2nd bottle, I will stop.”

Dd · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I used it. I even drank alcohol (wine) every night after first couple of nights. First I waited a couple of hrs after drinking then I took it while drinking. Rt. Before bed of course. It didn't affect me at all (alcohol). It only made me sleepy. NEVER DID MY BP GO DOWN OR DID I FEEL LIKE PASSING OUT, AND I'M AN EMT. It helped very little. I won't pay $600 after 2 mth free trial. Not worth it!! INS. DOES NOT COVER IT!!!”

TennisBarbie · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “I’ve been in Addyi for three weeks. Puts me to sleep, HARD! I even woke up with jaw pain from grinding all night. I ended up investing in a mouth guard. I’m having very lucid dreams. I’m really enjoying sleeping that profoundly- but I MUST make sure I get a full 8 hours of sleep or I wake up very tired. Placebo? Maybe. Whatever it is, I can honestly say that my husband is very happy, and so am I. I haven't noticed any mood swings or mood changes- maybe because I’m sleeping so much? I'm going to stay on it and see what happens in the next few weeks on my free trial.”

kcol99 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Such a scam. Only a 'doctor' calling you to push the drugs on you and then leave you 0 contact information. They push you to do 3 months, then require you to redo the process over 3 months and pay again. I have had 0 positive results, only felt worse. They lead you on a merry go round of who to contact. Place the blame on 'your body' or the pharmacy.”

NLK March 24, 2020

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: “Don't get ripped off by this company! I did a paid consult with a dr on 2/18. They found I was eligible and said that it will take 8 weeks to get into my system and that I cannot miss a dose They were offering a free 2 mo trial. I spoke to a rep and they said after the 2 months, it would be $25. On 3/17 I received a text from them at 9am that my new prescription was on its way. By the 3/23 I still didn't receive it and was already out. I called that day and it was NOT sent out and the promotion expired and I would have to charge the $25. That was against what was promised and I would be starting all over again because I would miss doses. I wrote to Sprout Pharma and they responded that everything changed THAT DAY on the 3/17 right after they sent that text, that they didn't talk to my insurance and wasn't even sure what my co-pay would be (although day 1 I was told $25 and yesterday I was also told $25). So basically, the company is a huge rip off.I wished I read reviews before trying.”