User Reviews for Flibanserin

Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
3.8

Summary of Flibanserin reviews 3.8 10 reviews

Reviews for Flibanserin

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "I really wanted to give this a great try! After weeks of taking it the only thing that changed was my temper. Small things would set me off into a monster, I hated it my heart hurt but I couldn't control my angry feeling. As it was the only change in my life I immediately quit taking it and life is back to normal.. Only thing this medication did for me was turn me into someone completely different, with still no sexual desire."

Shy (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "Do not waste your time on this. It is an overpriced sleeping pill that has awful side effects. After a few weeks taking it and feeling constantly exhausted, I did some research and found that it was rejected by the FDA multiple times before it was finally approved. If that is not a red flag I don’t know what is. This pill is a scam by a woman who claims to empower other women, but is actually taking their money and giving them a dangerous, and at best ineffective product and a bunch of false hope in return."

Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "I have been taking Addyi for two months and I find it very effective. We finally have a choice and it seems like such a struggle to maintain it. I look forward to many more advances in the field of female HSDD."

Pharmacist (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "I took this medication for 8 weeks. At about the first month, I felt that it might be helping. The feelings seemed to be trickling back. Weeks went by and I wasn't sure that it really did much more after the first month. About a 1/2 hour I had trouble getting thoughts together. While in bed, it felt like my heart was racing and/or skipping a beat. I was having heart palpitations. I've never had a problem with my heart before. Stopped. Also for several days later - emotional mess Not worth the side effects. I wished it could have helped but it didn't do enough to outweigh the side effects -- and now it's nice to have a glass of wine or two and not worry about falling out."

CT March 19, 2018

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "Did nothing but put me to sleep. Within 30-40 minutes of taking it I was so tired I could not keep my eyes open. There was zero change in my desire. Even with a savings card it was $150 a month so it relieved me of $450 before I gave up on this very expensive sleeping pill."

In love but not into it (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "Addyi started to work at about the third week of taking it but that only lasted for about a week. I was told it works like an anti depressant and could take up to six weeks to work. I kept taking it, even though my blood pressure dropped. Half way through the third month of taking it I stopped because it was doing nothing at that point and I didn't want to spend the $150.00 every month. After I stopped taking it I developed cysts in my left breast and had to have them surgically removed. Very disappointed"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "I was a skeptic as well initially but it worked for me. Took it took a couple of days but it started to have an effect on my sex drive."

Jen876 September 3, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "Why I stopped taking this medicine: 1) didn't increase my sexual desires/thoughts 2) within 30-45 minutes of taking it, I would feel extremely drowsy for the 1-2 weeks, to where I couldn't hardly function. If I was sitting I would fall asleep where I sat. Hubby would wake me up to go to bed and I would feel out of it like I was drunk 3) While it acted like a sleeping pill for me shortly after I took it, I would always wake up between 4-5 hours after taking it and be up the rest of then night. This lasted the first 2-3 weeks. 4) the straw that broke the camels back is around week 3-4 I would get so upset/angry over the smallest issues, I felt more like the Hulk more than anything."

L.c. March 3, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "I was a HUGE skeptic but my lack of libido was threatening my marriage. I love my husband enough to give it a go. Within 3 weeks I was astonished. I forgot, literally forgot what it felt like to get horny and only started to remember after Addyi! This medication works!!!!! I now am convinced I had hypo active sexual desire. Despite loving my husband I dreaded sex. Now I enjoy it again and feel the desire that was so lacking. I am a big fan of this medication. I highly recommend it. It's worth a shot if it works as well for you as its working for me."

Ahdi512 July 13, 2016

Addyi (flibanserin) for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: "I've been on Addyi now for 4 weeks and it is working for me! I've went from that dread every time my husband wantedv sex to a great desire for him. I'm finding when I think of sex which I often do now I'm on Addyi, I get a tingling feeling in my libido. We went from sex twice a year to a few times a week and getting better. It has also helped with my depression. The plus is better lubrication and multiple big O's. I only had nausea the 1st day. I normally have high blood pressure but Addyi brought my blood pressure down to normal so I don't have to take blood pressure medication now. Good luck ladies and don't get discouraged because of the media because they don't know what the outcome is because it's new."

DDChickadee (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016