User Reviews for Flibanserin to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder

Also known as: Addyi

Flibanserin Rating Summary

3.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.

Reviews for Flibanserin

Hafabnr · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin): "I can't imagine life without addyi! I forgot what have a libido felt like until I started taking Addyi. I love my husband and literally dreaded having sex. I only wish I found this sooner! I have had no issues since taking it and I'm on my 3rd month. My biggest fear is becoming immune to it. Kudos to you Addyi for giving us women our sex life back!"

Neveragain123 · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin): "I’m being a tad dramatic, but I saw my life flash before my eyes last night after taking my first dose. It honestly scared me so bad I really thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. My heart rate went down so fast, I truly understand why they say take it at night. I put on my Apple Watch on immediately so I could get a read on my pulse and it went from 123 to 54bmp and it kept going up and down like that for and hour. I HAD TO CRAWL TO THE BATHROOM, because I was too scared to stand up and go throw up my stomach contents. It took about 20 minutes to really hit me. Feeling like this is def not worth the experience. I do not recommend this drug."

Qt · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin): "Took this med Addyi for two nights and then woke up sick. It lowered my blood pressure, made me dizzy headed and had to call in to work the 3rd day. I quit taking it."

Shy · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin): "I really wanted to give this a great try! After weeks of taking it the only thing that changed was my temper. Small things would set me off into a monster, I hated it my heart hurt but I couldn't control my angry feeling. As it was the only change in my life I immediately quit taking it and life is back to normal.. Only thing this medication did for me was turn me into someone completely different, with still no sexual desire."

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2019

Addyi (flibanserin): "Do not waste your time on this. It is an overpriced sleeping pill that has awful side effects. After a few weeks taking it and feeling constantly exhausted, I did some research and found that it was rejected by the FDA multiple times before it was finally approved. If that is not a red flag I don’t know what is. This pill is a scam by a woman who claims to empower other women, but is actually taking their money and giving them a dangerous, and at best ineffective product and a bunch of false hope in return."

Pharmacist · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2018

Addyi (flibanserin): "I have been taking Addyi for two months and I find it very effective. We finally have a choice and it seems like such a struggle to maintain it. I look forward to many more advances in the field of female HSDD."

CT March 19, 2018

"I took this medication for 8 weeks. At about the first month, I felt that it might be helping. The feelings seemed to be trickling back. Weeks went by and I wasn't sure that it really did much more after the first month. About a 1/2 hour I had trouble getting thoughts together. While in bed, it felt like my heart was racing and/or skipping a beat. I was having heart palpitations. I've never had a problem with my heart before. Stopped. Also for several days later - emotional mess Not worth the side effects. I wished it could have helped but it didn't do enough to outweigh the side effects -- and now it's nice to have a glass of wine or two and not worry about falling out."

In love but not into it · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin): "Did nothing but put me to sleep. Within 30-40 minutes of taking it I was so tired I could not keep my eyes open. There was zero change in my desire. Even with a savings card it was $150 a month so it relieved me of $450 before I gave up on this very expensive sleeping pill."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin): "Addyi started to work at about the third week of taking it but that only lasted for about a week. I was told it works like an anti depressant and could take up to six weeks to work. I kept taking it, even though my blood pressure dropped. Half way through the third month of taking it I stopped because it was doing nothing at that point and I didn't want to spend the $150.00 every month. After I stopped taking it I developed cysts in my left breast and had to have them surgically removed. Very disappointed"

Jen876 September 3, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin): "I was a skeptic as well initially but it worked for me. Took it took a couple of days but it started to have an effect on my sex drive."

L.c. March 3, 2017

Addyi (flibanserin): "Why I stopped taking this medicine: 1) didn't increase my sexual desires/thoughts 2) within 30-45 minutes of taking it, I would feel extremely drowsy for the 1-2 weeks, to where I couldn't hardly function. If I was sitting I would fall asleep where I sat. Hubby would wake me up to go to bed and I would feel out of it like I was drunk 3) While it acted like a sleeping pill for me shortly after I took it, I would always wake up between 4-5 hours after taking it and be up the rest of then night. This lasted the first 2-3 weeks. 4) the straw that broke the camels back is around week 3-4 I would get so upset/angry over the smallest issues, I felt more like the Hulk more than anything."

Ahdi512 July 13, 2016

Addyi (flibanserin): "I was a HUGE skeptic but my lack of libido was threatening my marriage. I love my husband enough to give it a go. Within 3 weeks I was astonished. I forgot, literally forgot what it felt like to get horny and only started to remember after Addyi! This medication works!!!!! I now am convinced I had hypo active sexual desire. Despite loving my husband I dreaded sex. Now I enjoy it again and feel the desire that was so lacking. I am a big fan of this medication. I highly recommend it. It's worth a shot if it works as well for you as its working for me."

DDChickadee · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2016

Addyi (flibanserin): "I've been on Addyi now for 4 weeks and it is working for me! I've went from that dread every time my husband wantedv sex to a great desire for him. I'm finding when I think of sex which I often do now I'm on Addyi, I get a tingling feeling in my libido. We went from sex twice a year to a few times a week and getting better. It has also helped with my depression. The plus is better lubrication and multiple big O's. I only had nausea the 1st day. I normally have high blood pressure but Addyi brought my blood pressure down to normal so I don't have to take blood pressure medication now. Good luck ladies and don't get discouraged because of the media because they don't know what the outcome is because it's new."

Learn more about Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)