User Reviews for EpiCeram

Learn more about EpiCeram.

EpiCeram Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 122 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Reviews for EpiCeram to treat Dry Skin

"I have been suffering pain/irritation/distraction where my eyeglasses touch my face for over a decade. Since I also have very severe dry eye syndrome, so my treatments have always focused on my eyes, out of desperation, I tried to treat my skin conditions instead since last year and tried different skin creams, including those with steroids, then came to Epiceram in May 2017. I have been using Epiceram since May, and my conditions have been improving every day, even though very slowly, understandably considering how bad and long my conditions are. I test my improvements by put my eyeglasses on and feel the level of pain and irritation under the nosepads, and Finally, yesterday, I began to wear glasses again...Amazing stuff"

JLLLL October 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered from eczema - especially on and around my eyelids, and rosacea all over my face for about 5 years now. (Started when I was about 35). If I sit next to a fire, my face gets hot and breaks out, if I am out in the cold, my face breaks out. My skin was dry and flaky, and felt like my face was chapped all the time. I was having to apply moisturizer 5-6 times a day. It was awful! I've been using Epiceram for 2 weeks, and my skin has been completely transformed! My skin is super smooth and hydrated, my eczema is totally gone. My face is not breaking out from heat/cold! My pore size looks smaller. This stuff is amazing! I wish I could take a bath in it!"

Doobug (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I think some folks may be confused about what this is supposed to do and the days it takes to do it. It restores your skin's own barrier to help heal and prevent a "break" = eczema and atopic dermatitis. You put it on first, then your prescription a few minutes later, if you need one. You use it for at least 2-4 weeks to strengthen your own skin from the damaged outer layer so it stops and prevents an active break(out). Almost nothing worked on me, including "shielding lotions." From their instructions: Should EpiCeram® be prescribed along with corticosteroids or a topical immunomodulator, it is recommended to apply EpiCeram® just a few minutes before applying steroids or topical immunomodulator to allow proper penetration."

Londoner (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Massive allergic reaction, looked like skin had been burned, has taken 5 days of hydrocortisone to calm down."

anonymouse33 July 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had an allergic reaction using Epiceram on my face just before bed. It stung, and I awoke with an itchy face and inflammation. I went back to using Aveeno to calm down my angry face."

Anonymous October 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Our baby girl had eczema and the normal oat bath & moisturizing routine was not helping. We had to see a Pediatric Dermatologist who prescribed EpiCream for regular use and Hydrocortisone cream for the more stubborn instances. We were honestly sceptical about using EpiCream and did not think this overpriced product will help, but nevertheless gave it a try. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the product worked very well for our baby and the eczema almost disappeared within 48 hours of usage. I have to agree with the reviewer earlier who mentioned that the cream creates more of a stinging sensation for the baby than a tingling sensation as mentioned by the manufacturers. Happy to be proven wrong in this instance."

Satisfied_Dad (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Does not work. Over the counter cortizone for eczema works better. This was an overpriced waste of money. Not only that, they have at the ready a list of nine reasons for not giving you the promised refund of any cost over $30. I got reason #6 which makes no sense, something about I filled the prescription within 25 days. Well...yes, of course, I did! What is your point?! In other words, you will not get a refund of any overage. Before paying the high price for this "product" try the popular cortisone brand from your neighborhood drug store for under ten dollars."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been an eczema sufferer all of my life. For the most part I am eczema-free now except for my eyelids and intermittent body flares. I had been using Protopic which worked very well except I had a sensitivity to an inactive ingredient which caused large cysts on my eyebrow area which were painful. I was given trial samples of EpiCeram to use. Quite honestly, I do not find it helpful. The Protopic would clear my skin in 1-2 applications (along with the steroids for my body) whereas EpiCeram I would apply twice a day for an entire week and saw no improvement. In fact, I had a rash on my chest that I was applying the EpiCeram to and it seemed to make it worse.Used it on my face and broke out with small pimples and blotchy."

Khoupat (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My hands and fingers were raw with extremely painful cracks. Within 3 days of using Epiceram the healing process began."

Sunbink April 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have suffered from eczema all over face, neck, upper body. Nothing worked, and I had to moisturize every 15-30 mins throughout the day. 2 yrs ago, I stopped using topical steroids and had a serious rebound effect of worsening eczema. Since then, it's been manageable, but has never improved. I've tried changing my diet, going organic, different moisturizers, bleach baths, Bactroban, etc. It was hard to get the prescription as this is a product that not many Drs are familiar with. In 2 weeks, I almost finished the 90g tube, but my skin improved so much! My face is baby-smooth. I could go for 8 hrs without moisturizer! I finally have hope again. It still itches, but the skin quality has drastically improved. No side effects. And no more steroids!"

FinallyHope (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My partner has suffered from severe facial eczema for the past few years, far worse than she had ever experienced before. We tried everything, from dietary interventions to Elidel to various steroids. We were truly growing quite desperate, as the eczema was so severe it was limiting my partner's ability to go out, work, or even smile and laugh. EpiCeram has completely turned her condition around, to the point where the facial eczema is almost totally eliminated. The results were FAR beyond what I even dared hope for."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Epi-ceram cream is amazing for eczema! The same day I applied the cream I noticed and felt a difference within a few hours. Two days later the eczema on my eye lids and around my mouth were clear. I use the cream sparingly and it works better than ANY other prescription. My insurance didn't cover it but I'm so glad I took a chance and paid for it. It was well worth the $$. Hopefully it will soon be available over the counter!"

Anonymous January 14, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have moderate eczema around my eyelids, and though cortisone based creams do have a beneficial effect in bringing down the inflammation, irritation, scaling, dryness and itching, I was concerned that long term use would cause my skin to thin, and also that I might get glaucoma or cataracts. I decided to try Epiceram after reading that Stanford medical researchers now believe that eczema is not an autoimmune disorder, but is caused by a breakdown of the skin's natural barrier due to dryness. The theory is that if you can re-moisturize the skin, outside insults from the environment will not trigger an attack. After using it for 5 days, Epiceram worked amazingly well, but to avoid stinging in my eyes, I shut my eyes after applying to let it dry."

prouxpoulenc November 30, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered with atopic dermatitis (moderate-severe) for 10 years. The inflammation and itchiness has been non-stop. My skin has been red and inflamed on my face, neck, arms, hands, and most of my body. Often, my skin has become so damaged from itching and scratching that various regions of my skin have split, such as my eyelids, neck, and knuckles. I HAVE USED EPICERAM FOR 1 WEEK AND ALL THE REDNESS HAS NEARLY CLEARED UP AND THERE ARE NO SPLITS AT ALL. I FEEL GREAT!! I can sleep comfortably. I can shower without the pain of water stinging my damaged skin. I can exercise again without sweat causing burning. I highly recommend this cream."

rob in canada August 9, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My 4 month old baby boy has used this for a week and within 2 days of use, I noticed a big improvement in his skin. It had become soft again not so dry and rough. The only problem is he screams every time we put it on him so its more like stinging for the first 10 - 15 min, rather then tingling as listed in side effects."

Anonymous May 21, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cracked dry and itchy skin on my hands is much better after three weeks of use. I no longer fear getting my hands wet which used to cause a flare up of eczema especially on my knuckles. This is the best results I have had from any treatment in years. The only problem I did have was after putting it on my face after shaving (as directed by my doctor) vapors from the cream irritated my eyes."

Skinbetter October 1, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about EpiCeram (emollients topical)

Other brands: Eucerin, Aquaphor, CeraVe, Replens, ... +60 more