User Reviews for Cetaphil Cream

Cetaphil Cream has an average rating of 3.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 17% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 67% reported a negative experience.

Dry Skin
3.2

GL · Taken for less than 1 month · December 14, 2020

For Dry Skin "I used Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream body very dry sensitive skin. I broke out a hive like rash all over! So upset as this is one of the creams Dermotologist highly recommend. What a waste of money bought the pack at Costco! Ugh!"

Anonymous · September 3, 2022

For Dry Skin "I have been using this product for 15 years. I always loved how it stopped my rosacea problem. Now since the product has changed within 3 days of use my skin has become sensitive to something in the new cream. It’s like it burnt my skin. No way I can continue to use this product. So sad."

lolol · Taken for less than 1 month · November 24, 2020

For Dry Skin "My skin ABSOLUTELY did not agree with this product. I am disappointed and mad at it. I got a really bad rash and burning and itching and anything you would hate having on my face from this product. I’ve had small red bumps all over my face it dried my skin to the max it ruined everything. I am in pain it’s been three days and it still hurts when I shower and wash my face. 0/10 would not recommend"

HUX · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 24, 2022

For Dry Skin "I have dry itchy skin and since using this product my skin is wonderful, no dryness at all, last all day. I have tried most of the other brands oilatum, Cerave, Eurcin and none of them moisturised my skin like this one. Also it is good value for money because it comes in a tub and there is not wastage. A lot of the others come in pumps and you cannot get half of the product out."

Mama Bear · Taken for less than 1 month · December 14, 2020

For Dry Skin "I used Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my very dry, painfully cracked hands after my husband bought it. I had tried many other moisturizers and natural oils that did nothing. After one use, I woke up with healed hands! HOWEVER, my 8 year old daughter complained a few days later that her hands hurt. They were incredibly dry and chapped. So, I thought since the Cetaphil worked so well on me, it would do the trick. WRONG. She screamed and cried. It burned, blistered, and made her hands raw and bloody within minutes! Worst part is...it is a cream so I couldn’t get it off or neutralize it. I don’t know what is in there that some are allergic to but it is VERY dangerous."

Sensitive · Taken for less than 1 month · March 29, 2021

For Dry Skin "I have sensitive skin but this product was marked for sensitive skin. It causes terrible burning, redness and tingling. I do not recommend cetaphil daily cream for the face."

susan D · Taken for less than 1 month · August 21, 2021

For Dry Skin "Cetaphil deep hydration eye serum, when applying to eyelids had burning sensation now have bad eye rash eyes look worse severe irritation"

Alynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 5, 2018

For Dry Skin "I have been using this product as recommended by my dermatologist. Since using, I have had severe hair loss, which stops when I'm not using it. What ingredient is causing this?!"

More about Cetaphil Cream (emollients topical)

Patient resources