User Reviews for Echinacea to treat Cold Symptoms

Echinacea has an average rating of 9.2 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Cold Symptoms. 92% of those users who reviewed Echinacea reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Echinacea Rating Summary

9.2/10 average rating

Compare all 299 medications used in the treatment of Cold Symptoms.

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 11, 2020

“Anyone who knows me knows I will not shut up about this medicine. I haven't had a full-blown cold in years. At the very first sign of a cold I take two pills or use the drops and the symptoms are masked. It's important to still look after yourself as if you are ill but but you will never feel the full force a cold again! Thank you to my sister who was banging on about this medication. It's a good thing I didn't write it off as just one of her fads!”

Ty · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 1, 2019

“I have been using Echinacea for years.The moment I feel a cold coming on or feel run down, I take this product. (400mg) I take three in the morning and three at night for approximately four days. Everything clears up and you feel overall, so much better. I highly recommend this product it really works!”

ANNIE · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

“OMG! Totally amazing med. Had a hum dinger of a cold on Friday ,came all of a sudden during this now present flu season. I Took pills around clock all day /nite , on Sat. BY SUNDAY MY COLD WAS ALL GONE AND DRAINING ALL FROM NOSE INSTEAD OF CHEST. Not only did it take away my awful cold, I GOT ENERGY FROM WHERE I DO NOT KNOW.THIS MED WAS VERY EFFECTIVE.!”

Cyllene January 20, 2012

“I had a upper respiratory infection, including yellow-green phlegm and a nasty sore throat from all of the sinus drip. My naturopath prescribed a capsule mix of echinacea and goldenseal that I took 4 times a day for one week, and poof my sinus/respiratory infection was gone. In the past I've always taken antibiotics for these kind of sinus problems that crop up in the winter time, but I'm glad to have found a more natural alternative that returns some needed vitamins and nutrients to my body while ridding me of a nasty condition.”

VPL August 12, 2016

“I had a very cold and sore throat. For the 1st day I took 2pills before bedtime. Surprised me, next day I felt fresh & not dizzy. I continued 1pill 3 time a day for 3 days. The cold symptoms were gone. Thank for the pharmacist who advised me.”

noseclog May 24, 2008

“Echinacea & Goldenseal works wonder for me. I am a 45 year old women and have sinus problem all the time. Every year I am on antibiotic. This year I start taking Echinaacea & Goldenseal. In one week I am much better.”

Anonymous December 27, 2008

“Very effective. I am recommending it to everyone. First time I took it 12 years ago while having a very bad cold and after 2 days I was okay. Since than we use echinacea as a preventative measure against colds and have not had one cold.”

susfubb April 1, 2008

“Thank you for balanced information. My mother (77), learned purple coneflower from her grandmother. It still grows in our gardens for tea or infusions (upper chest poultice in grave situations), but not on a long-term basis (more than a week), NOR unless definitive symptoms have appeared - in the individual or several household members/ frequent visitors. Not even those allergic to ragweed have ever had an adverse reaction.”

Sarah Mcateer 1. December 11, 2017

“Every time I take the echinacea tablets I develop a severe headache within a few hours.”

catsmeow1952 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 9, 2014

“I take this in capsule form (800 mg,) whenever I feel cold/sinus symptoms. It really works for me and I feel better within 24 hrs.”

ceemee2 · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2013

“It works for me when taken upon early onset of cold symptoms”

Anonymous October 20, 2008

“It has worked wonders for me. Whenever I feel that I was going to get a cold, I take a few drops day and night and that is it.”