User Reviews for Dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic

Brand names: Maxitrol, Neo-Poly-Dex, Dexacine, NPD Ophthalmic Ointment, Dexasporin AK-Trol Poly-Dex

Dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 78% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 22% reported a negative experience.

Conjunctivitis, Bacterial
Blepharitis
10.0
Summary of Dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic reviews 8.6 8 reviews

Reviews for Dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic

Onthego2 · February 6, 2017

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Blepharitis "My eyes stayed dry, red and irritated. After only 5 days, my eyes begin to clear up. Used it twice daily 2 drops each time. The only downside, was the stinging burning for the first 5-10 seconds, after putting drops in."

mkc0415 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · May 13, 2016

For Blepharitis "This is the first eye drop that has actually worked to stop my chronic dry eyes. Started out taking 1 drop each eye 3x/day, am now down to 1 drop each eye as needed, which is usually once a week! Eyes are tearing normally, no more crusting or burning!"

Kedo · April 13, 2018

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) "My doctor gave me Neo/Poly/ Dex sup for mild ear infection ( a very itchy one). A I used it for 5 days and swimmer’s ear symptom are all gone. (3 drops , every 8 hrs for 5 days). This actually made your ear itch more on first dose. But fine after."

143Holo · Taken for less than 1 month · April 29, 2016

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial "The doctor didn't warn mean it was putting dog steroid ointment in my eye so I had no choice to continue using it :/ I was diagnosed with allergic conjunctivitis and the doctor told me to put the ointment 2x a day for 7-10 days..pharmacist said 5-7 so idk I'm gonna stop at 5 because I'm scared of using this it makes my eyes really dry and whole eyelid greasy/sticky :("

sunnydelight2000 · August 8, 2015

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) "This medication caused my eyes to swell, sacks like fluid under each one, dried my skin all around both eyes and caused redness. After 3 days my eyes started to itch. Returned to the doctor after 2 days and was told to use cold compresses and Benadryl for 5 days. It has been four days and the swelling and dry skin is still around the eyes."

Seeing double · Taken for less than 1 month · July 3, 2022

"I had strabismus surgery in both eyes and after a week and 2 days of putting this ointment in both my eyes twice daily I found myself being very jittery, anxious and not able to sleep. The drug did help with the pain and redness in both my eyes, however, the steroids in this combo drug made me feel awful!"

Radon1216 · August 18, 2015

Maxitrol (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial "Used it at the onset of my eye infection ( bacterial conjunctivitis) and immediately it was gone. Works every time. Very effective drug"

laura88 · February 27, 2013

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial "My eyes were very dry and ichy and I had only put one drop in each eye and could fill a difference. I'm on day two and see improvement in my eyes thanks."

GPC · Taken for less than 1 month · January 2, 2022

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial "GPC...from contact lens wear Works Fast ...with few complications. Does effect me by making tired...but worth it. Dr. Recommend 4x daily and allergy drops"

DW · Taken for less than 1 month · September 27, 2020

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial "I've used the Neo-Poly-Dex eye drops and they help very much we recommend them to anybody"

RUSOREAL · Taken for less than 1 month · October 3, 2019

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial "My eye turned pure blood shot red, I broke out in bumps, itching everday, pain in back of my eyeball"