User Reviews for Dexamethasone/neomycin/polymyxin b ophthalmic

Also known as: Maxitrol, Neo-Poly-Dex, Dexacine, NPD Ophthalmic Ointment, Dexasporin AK-Trol Poly-Dex

Dexamethasone/neomycin/polymyxin b ophthalmic has an average rating of 8.3 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of those users who reviewed Dexamethasone/neomycin/polymyxin b ophthalmic reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Conjunctivitis, Bacterial
7.5
Blepharitis
10.0
Summary of Dexamethasone/neomycin/polymyxin b ophthalmic reviews 8.3 7 reviews

DW · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2020

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: “I've used the Neo-Poly-Dex eye drops and they help very much we recommend them to anybody”

RUSOREAL · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2019

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: “My eye turned pure blood shot red, I broke out in bumps, itching everday, pain in back of my eyeball”

Kedo April 13, 2018

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b): “My doctor gave me Neo/Poly/ Dex sup for mild ear infection ( a very itchy one). A I used it for 5 days and swimmer’s ear symptom are all gone. (3 drops , every 8 hrs for 5 days). This actually made your ear itch more on first dose. But fine after.”

Onthego2 February 6, 2017

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Blepharitis: “My eyes stayed dry, red and irritated. After only 5 days, my eyes begin to clear up. Used it twice daily 2 drops each time. The only downside, was the stinging burning for the first 5-10 seconds, after putting drops in.”

mkc0415 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2016

For Blepharitis: “This is the first eye drop that has actually worked to stop my chronic dry eyes. Started out taking 1 drop each eye 3x/day, am now down to 1 drop each eye as needed, which is usually once a week! Eyes are tearing normally, no more crusting or burning!”

143Holo · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2016

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: “The doctor didn't warn mean it was putting dog steroid ointment in my eye so I had no choice to continue using it :/ I was diagnosed with allergic conjunctivitis and the doctor told me to put the ointment 2x a day for 7-10 days..pharmacist said 5-7 so idk I'm gonna stop at 5 because I'm scared of using this it makes my eyes really dry and whole eyelid greasy/sticky :(”

sunnydelight2000 August 8, 2015

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b): “This medication caused my eyes to swell, sacks like fluid under each one, dried my skin all around both eyes and caused redness. After 3 days my eyes started to itch. Returned to the doctor after 2 days and was told to use cold compresses and Benadryl for 5 days. It has been four days and the swelling and dry skin is still around the eyes.”

Radon1216 August 18, 2015

Maxitrol (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: “Used it at the onset of my eye infection ( bacterial conjunctivitis) and immediately it was gone. Works every time. Very effective drug”

laura88 February 27, 2013

Neo-Poly-Dex (dexamethasone / neomycin / polymyxin b) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: “My eyes were very dry and ichy and I had only put one drop in each eye and could fill a difference. I'm on day two and see improvement in my eyes thanks.”