User Reviews for Carbamide peroxide otic

Also known as: Debrox, Auro Ear Drops, Carbamoxide, Mollifene, Auro, Ear Wax Remover, Murine Earwax Removal, E-R-O, Auraphene-B

Ear Wax Impaction
2.2

Reviews for Carbamide peroxide otic

DZ · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2021

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I used this product to try and get rid of some impacted earwax but it clogged my ear and almost completely took my hearing away. Rinsing it did absolutely no good for me. I tried using straight hydrogen peroxide and rinsed afterwards, which seemed to help a little bit, but I might have to see an ENT to unclog my ear.”

Miriam · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2021

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I have the same complaints others supplied, that use of Debrox per manufacturer recommendations caused discomfort and a feeling of impaction of the wax in my ears. I got a miniscule amount of wax out from one ear following 4 days treatment.”

Debrox hater · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2021

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “Horrible, horrible, horrible, used it to try and clean out my ear some since it has been feeling clogged. Been deaf for the past 2 hours, feels like someone put a 50 dumbell on my right ear. Ear feels worse and experiencing dizziness and vertigo as well, do not use.”

Lexie · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2018

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “The first time I did this I only had minor hearing loss - Debrox TOTALLY clogged my ear. I flushed and became discouraged. Decided to try the next morning with the SAME RESULTS even with a shower, this time I kept Debrox in 20 minutes. I’m writing this review because this morning I left it in for 30 minutes and it took maybe 20-30 flushes of my ear before a HUUUUUGE clump of wax just plopped out into the sink. It takes time and patience. But I decided I’d do it over the weekend when the doctors office was closed and call doctor Monday if needed. Now — I don’t have to! Works great if you remain persistent.”

Ear May 27, 2020

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I have issues with wax in my ears all the damn time and every single time I am condescendingly told to use this ridiculous product that does absolutely nothing but make things worse. I was deaf for two weeks and had to take medication in 2018 because of this drug, as I should've gone to get the wax removed yet the debrox had to have given me an ear infection. I sit here now with it in my ear reluctantly and once again it is not working. Screw this drug it should be removed from shelves”

mike c May 8, 2020

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I was advised to use Debrox by my friend who is an audiologist as a way to treat my impact wax during the COVID-19 pandemic... I used it once and let it sit in my ear for several minutes before dumping and rinsing with water. It did slightly loosen some of the wax in my ear, but at the cost of extreme discomfort and (hopefully temporary) mild hearing loss. I genuinely feel as though I need to go and see an ENT, which would be extremely frustrating with my work schedule and the current pandemic. I'm hoping my hearing will naturally restore over the next day, but if not I will go see an ENT. I DO NOT recommend this product, the ends did not justify the means.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2019

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I used Debrox to try and help with ear wax and became almost totally deaf. People had to shout directly into my ear to hear. I decided to go to the ENT and had the wax removed. My ear got plugged up again and I used Debrox again for 4 days in a row. First I tried 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 15 minutes, and finally 30 minutes and my ear was still plugged. Each time I flushed it 6 times. My ear became more and more plugged each time I used Debrox. Finally to save going to the ENT again, my wife unplugged it with an ear wax pick.”

C.J. · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2020

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I regret using Debrox. I get occasional build-up in one of my ears so I decided to try it out. After 1 day, I'm still having issues hearing out of the ear I put it in. Big annoyance. They should explicitly put some warnings of these side-effects on the box so people are aware before using. Hopefully my hearing comes back soon.”

EarAche · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2020

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “Don't use this product Debrox. Ever since I've used it I keep on getting recurring aching and pain that's comes and goes. I recommend buying am ear irrigation syringe. Much more safe than this stuff. DO NOOOOT”

Sammie · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2021

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “Please be careful with this product. Like others, I tried the drops and didn’t have the syringe. My left ear became blocked. Went and purchased the blue syringe and flushed out several times. No relief. Went to my Primary Care doc. Tried flushing some more. He couldn’t tell if my eardrum might have been ruptured. Sent me home with antibiotic drops. Took Zyrtec…used hot compresses. Three days later, I’m still miserable and my ear is clogged. Going to urgent care tomorrow. Hoping they can help. I’ll never use this product again.”

msnana04 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2016

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “hi i used this ear wax removal Debrox and know I cant get rid of the ringing first in one ear, now in both this is relly bothering me and I don't know what to do about the ringing HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ”

Koala Blu November 23, 2020

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I went to the ER yesterday after losing hearing in both ears. The Dr. gave me a script for prednisone, a referral to an ENT & told me to try Debrox. My hearing was better when I woke up today, probably due to the prednisone, but after using Debrox I’ve lost it again, & this time worse. It’s Thanksgiving week & the ENT the Dr. referred me to is on vacation so now I have to find another one. I’m so angry. Do not use this stuff. Ever. Would rate a zero if possible.”

Jay El · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2021

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “Please do not buy. I thought I might have some buildup in my ears, so I bought this stuff. I used it for about a week, nothing ever came out. But now I’ve had constant discomfort and occasional pain in my ears ever since using. Absolute garbage. I’m going to have to see an ear doctor now. Please listen to this and other 1 star reviews, it’s not worth it to try this. If you feel you legitimately need help with your ears, you should check with a doctor.”

Larry K October 10, 2016

Ear Wax Remover (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “Doctor recommended for softening my earwax over the weekend for removal on Monday. Used as directed my ear pain increased stealing over the weekend until I couldn't wait to see doctor on Monday. Earwax still couldn't be washed out. His only solution was to see a specialist but they were booked 90 day out. Managed to get in sooner (45 days) and have the wax removed. Still couldn't hear. Had hearing test. Deminished hearing. Rescheduled follow up hearing test 60 days out. No improvement in hearing. Might be permanent. Considering my next step. Had perfect hearing before”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2018

For Ear Wax Impaction: “I visited my primary physician for problems with my left ear and had the issue resolved by the nurse. The nurse then says I have wax build up in right ear and tried to remove it but was unsuccessful. She calls my primary physician to prescribe these horrible ear drops for ear wax softening. My physician at first hesitant to give an ok ends up agreeing. My ear that was perfectly fine (which I didn’t want checked to begin with) now has a hearing deficit and a loud ringing noise. These ear drops are the worst! DO NOT use unless you want lose your hearing!”

deirdresusanne February 20, 2018

For Ear Wax Impaction: “Used Debrox on advice of my Dr that gave my Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination. After using I got the worse pain behind my ear. Sometimes I can't move my neck and scream out in pain. Seen ER physician when pain was constant. Now it comes and goes, but it is hardly bareable. I made the correlation after wife went to ER after 2 rounds of antibiotics and her ear was bleeding and she had fallen a couple of times. The ER DR said Debrox can dry out and crack your ear canal and damage the tissue and muscle around the ear. Anybody experience anything like this? Please advise.”

Amberlynn September 15, 2020

For Ear Wax Impaction: “I just used this product for the first time, and I had high hopes for my ears. I only did one ear, because I now have a stinging/burning sensation in my ear. It was so bad, I couldn't even keep the drops in for 5 min. Hope this new pain is temporary”

KARL H September 14, 2011

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “Works very well. I find that chewing gum while using this helps out a lot. Chewing gum opens up your ear canal. I use it once every other week. ”

W. B. April 12, 2017

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I would not buy this product ever again. After applying drops as instructed I have lost hearing in that ear. I now have to go to an ear specialist to see what the problem is and if it can be restored.”

Jedd September 10, 2014

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “I used it two days and while it removed ear wax. I began noticing that the next morning my ears ringing. I stopped using the product and the ringing has worsened.”

Crystal April 23, 2020

For Ear Wax Impaction: “DO NOT use this product. Do not use this product. (Headaches, tinnitus and overall inner ear damage/pain). You are better off getting ur wax removed or flushed in the doctors office .”

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2018

For Ear Wax Impaction: “I get bad ear wax buildup and occasional blockages. This is your best option! I've never had it fail! Just keep in mind if the impaction is heavy it can take days to remove.”

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2020

Debrox (carbamide peroxide) for Ear Wax Impaction: “Used the product Debrox and my ear has been ringing for 2 days now 10/10 pain this product may lead to a living nightmare for some people.”