User Reviews for Camphor / menthol topical

Also known as: Sarna, Tiger Balm, Arctic Relief, Tiger Balm Extra Strength, Anti-Itch Steroid Free, Soltice Quick-Rub, Sombra Warm Therapy, Triaminic Vapor Patch, Tiger Balm Pain Relieving Patch, Men-phor, Tiger Balm Ultra Strength, Avedana Pain Relieving Roll On, Rhuli Gel, Berri-Freez, Fast Freeze, Icy Hot Advanced Relief Pain Relief Cream, Medicated Chest Rub Freeze It Freeze It Roll-On …show all brand names

Camphor / menthol topical has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 39 ratings on Drugs.com. 63% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 15% reported a negative experience.

Pain
7.1
Dermatitis
10.0
Summary of Camphor / menthol topical reviews 7.3 39 reviews

Reviews for Camphor / menthol topical

Shortie · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 1, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “When I get occasional back pain, Tiger Balm always works fast. It's so effective, I forget all about the pain and can get back to doing what I want to. It's a zillion percent better than any other pain rub or patch out there.”

BeeFubar · February 18, 2017

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I bought Tiger balm over the counter to help ease my shoulder and neck pain and possibly to try on my back as I get stiff and feel constant pain due to a previous back injury. I use this ontop of strong medication (after consulting the gp) to help my muscle pain. It leaves a cold tingly feeling if you use it on a large area but it doesn't last long, helped the flexibility in my back and eased off the muscle pain in my neck and shoulders. It lasts for a few hours and doesn't smell too bad. I have the red ointment one with cinnamon in and its not an unpleasant smell. The balm does stick to your fingers a bit and takes a bit of scrubbing to get off. But overall a very good option for topical pain/joint medication. Would recommend trying!”

Back pain fixed · Taken for less than 1 month · October 31, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “My back pain in the lower flank was to the point of barely moving without yelling. The next day I tried old jar of Tiger Balm I didn't know I had in back of drawer from 2012. The next day it was like my back was back to normal.”

Moustache · Taken for less than 1 month · October 18, 2016

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Muscle pain/stiffness. I've used heating pads, icy hot, Bengay cream, screaming toast...tiger balm doesn't get hot like Bengay cream does, but there is a nice tingling, and it lasts for about five hours. Increases flexibility and reduces pain. Smells awful unless you have a cold and then, it clears the sinuses! Even if it is not hot, DO NOT get in eyes, or other mucous membranes!!”

johnny · Taken for 10 years or more · May 2, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I prefer the white tiger balm ointment because it does not stain. Been using Tiger Balm for over 50 years. Very effective against cramps and muscle pain, headaches, insect bite itch. I had to order online today because the white 30 g tiger balm jar sold out everywhere because lockdown and less physical activity caused muscle cramps.”

Mitch · Taken for less than 1 month · April 24, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “As a long term sufferer of back problems I've tried just about everything on the market. I recently found an old jar of Tiger Balm that my Pop had in his medicine cabinet with a manufactured date 21/12/89, that's 33yrs old and it still works great ! The problem now is, I'm not sure whether to keep using it, or donate it to a museum.”

Lovetigerbalm · Taken for 2 to 5 years · October 19, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Used for tennis elbow, the pain was waking me up in the middle of the night, used tiger balm before bed. I was able to get a full night sleep and some relief from the pain. Applied again in the morning and after a few days, was alot better.”

Buns · Taken for less than 1 month · June 26, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I used Tiger Balm one time on June 21st 2019 for pain in my wrist. By the next morning my wrist has broken out with a red rash that burns. I have tried several things and nothing is clearing it up so far. Please beware of this ointment.”

Skpn · Taken for less than 1 month · October 21, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I have used Tiger balm for many years for headaches, but recently use white Tiger Balm. Applied small amount to right temple and forehead resulting in swelling and painful stinging to right eye and hives on my forehead and on skull under my hair. Had to attend emergency clinic as couldn't see, advised antihistamines and cold compress. Feels like a burning sensation, eye still swollen and painful but improving, skin feels like prickly heat. Always extra careful when using topical products so no mistakes but still got a painful reaction. Do not advise.”

Logan · October 7, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “When I used this product I put in on my temple for a headache but it only burns now yes I couldn't feel the head ache because my face was on fire. Not the best, I could have hurt myself for free with out buying this”

Theo · Taken for 5 to 10 years · April 24, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol): “I still love Tiger Balm but after using it on my face for congestion it worked well at first but caused severe swelling of my lips. Not painful but when I looked in the mirror. I resembled Donald Duck. Note: I did not look like Donald Duck prior to the reaction. Earlier in the day I had also used my inhaler. I was a heavy user of Chapstick and have not had the reaction since avoiding Tiger Balm and Chapstick. Bye bye to old friends.”

Kate. · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 30, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol): “I have used a number of products for joint or back pain. Tiger Balm is the best I have used , physio said high menthol content is very effective in pain relief; I have found that to be true - and I have tried almost everything !”

crystal · Taken for less than 1 month · February 17, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “In the past I have found Tiger Balm very effective for pain in my joints. Recently I have have suffered intense pain in my neck and shoulder and when all else failed I tried the balm again. Unfortunately, this time, although the pain subsided a bit I suffered an allergic reaction. My skin broke out in little sores and I was nearly screaming with the itch. I am an 87 year old woman”

SCSue · Taken for less than 1 month · August 15, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Dermatitis: “I've been using Tiger Balm for a week for an unexplainable itch on my upper arm under the surface of my skin. It's the only thing that has helped relieve the itch and bring the rash to the surface and heal.”

SUNCL · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 29, 2019

Tiger Balm Ultra Strength (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Works as well as my other favorite Thermacare. Smells wonderful too!!!! Not the same old wintergreen as it seems most topical pain relieving rubs have gone to. Feels hot, then icy cold. Forget about the pain!”

Sugar Shane · Taken for 5 to 10 years · February 8, 2022

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Tiger balm red and white are both excellent for muscle pain in my neck and shoulders; but the main purpose I use if for my migraines. Apply a small amount on the temple, forehead, and cheekbone; and let me tell you it works wonders. The red I can no longer use on my face (although it smells heavenly) as I started breaking out after years of using in the above mentioned areas. The white that I now use mainly doesn’t have that nice smell as the red one does, but it work to relieve my constant pain. Both are great and I’m awaiting the ultra version as stated earlier, the red ones causes me to break out. Highly recommend Tiger Balm! :)”

Puppp's Rash · Taken for less than 1 month · December 15, 2014

“I was prescribed a 1%HC 1/4% camphor 1/4% menthol mix for a PUPPP's rash I have developed at 32 weeks of pregnancy. I was told only to apply it twice a day,but I find it works for about an hour only and then is pretty much useless to me. I spend majority of my days and nights sleepless with an ice pack on the effected areas. Nothing works. I can't even take a cool bath because its uncomfortable to have a cool bath, but any amount of heat just makes it more itchy and stings.”

Fanguy · Taken for less than 1 month · October 28, 2021

Tiger Balm Extra Strength (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Read an article on neck pain and tiger balm was referenced as a good application to relieve the pain. Tried a small dab which tingled so thought I was safe. Continued to apply on my neck which started to burn very intensely. After reading the reviews it seems like this product does more harm than good.”

Not happy · Taken for less than 1 month · June 2, 2022

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I used tiger balm ointment for upper arm pain I now have a horrible pretty large itchy burning and extremely blistered rash I used it sparingly twice and now have to see my doctor for either a severe chemical burn or severe allergic reaction”

EJ · Taken for less than 1 month · September 3, 2019

Tiger Balm Ultra Strength (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I used it and I got a burning sensation and my skin got red. I got really scared but it went away after 10 minutes. I still would recommend using it because it really does works. The ultra strength might be a little strong for me but it does the job and hopefully my skin will adjust over time.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · August 25, 2017

Freeze It Roll-On (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Had open heart surgery and double mastectomy in a span of 2 years. Very painful nerve pain most of the time. Bio- Freeze (Roll- On) Definitely works for the pain. Unfortunately it has literally burned my chest. Don't want anyone to go through this.Thank you, Be well everyone.”

KLB=50 · February 21, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I have used Tiger Balm for years. I have had arthritis for over 20 years now and have tried many products. I try not to use any one product too much but when I hurt the most this is what I use”

Kris · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 15, 2018

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Dermatitis: “I use tiger balm for Everything from sunburns, mosquito bites, tired achy muscles, cramps, bruises, sinus headache, congestion, razor burn, & anything that itches.”

RoddyT · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 3, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I recently had spine surgery and the extensive wear of the neck collar caused pain in my shoulders. After using Tiger Balm on a regular basis the pain in my shoulders has stopped.”

Hawk · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 25, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “For muscle pain this is the best treatment there is. I had an impinged shoulder and since have had pain in my back and shoulders. I cannot recommend tiger balm enough”