User Reviews for Camphor/menthol topical

Also known as: Sarna, Tiger Balm, Sombra Warm Therapy, Icy Hot Advanced Relief Pain Relief Cream, Freeze It, Soltice Quick-Rub, Triaminic Vapor Patch, Tiger Balm Pain Relieving Patch, Men-phor, Tiger Balm Extra Strength, Tiger Balm Ultra Strength, Anti-Itch Steroid Free, Avedana Pain Relieving Roll On, Rhuli Gel, Arctic Relief, Berri-Freez, Fast Freeze Medicated Chest Rub Freeze It Roll-On …show all brand names

Camphor/menthol topical has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 24 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of those users who reviewed Camphor/menthol topical reported a positive effect, while 16% reported a negative effect.

Dermatitis   10.0
Pain   6.9
Summary of Camphor/menthol topical reviews 7.0 24 reviews

Reviews for Camphor/menthol topical

crystal · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “In the past I have found Tiger Balm very effective for pain in my joints. Recently I have have suffered intense pain in my neck and shoulder and when all else failed I tried the balm again. Unfortunately, this time, although the pain subsided a bit I suffered an allergic reaction. My skin broke out in little sores and I was nearly screaming with the itch. I am an 87 year old woman”

Army Mom November 25, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Pump bottle is BAD idea. No way to close the bottle without wasting lotion. And...if you don't completely close the bottle, your whole house smells like Tiger Balm! :(”

Skpn · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I have used Tiger balm for many years for headaches, but recently use white Tiger Balm. Applied small amount to right temple and forehead resulting in swelling and painful stinging to right eye and hives on my forehead and on skull under my hair. Had to attend emergency clinic as couldn't see, advised antihistamines and cold compress. Feels like a burning sensation, eye still swollen and painful but improving, skin feels like prickly heat. Always extra careful when using topical products so no mistakes but still got a painful reaction. Do not advise.”

RoddyT · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I recently had spine surgery and the extensive wear of the neck collar caused pain in my shoulders. After using Tiger Balm on a regular basis the pain in my shoulders has stopped.”

Aho · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I used too much tiger Balm and it caused my skin to burn and irritation It was pain Even when my hair brush against the area I have put it on it makes it hurt”

Theo · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 24, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol): “I still love Tiger Balm but after using it on my face for congestion it worked well at first but caused severe swelling of my lips. Not painful but when I looked in the mirror. I resembled Donald Duck. Note: I did not look like Donald Duck prior to the reaction. Earlier in the day I had also used my inhaler. I was a heavy user of Chapstick and have not had the reaction since avoiding Tiger Balm and Chapstick. Bye bye to old friends.”

KLB=50 February 21, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I have used Tiger Balm for years. I have had arthritis for over 20 years now and have tried many products. I try not to use any one product too much but when I hurt the most this is what I use”

nuttievicki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2020

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I have arthritis in my neck which effects my shoulder back and arms when I having a bad day rush this into my shoulder and neck help relaxes my muscles with it warm heat 10/10”

Scooter · Taken for 10 years or more January 8, 2020

Vaporx Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Best thing for sinus headache chest congestion , lots of uses”

Hawk · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “For muscle pain this is the best treatment there is. I had an impinged shoulder and since have had pain in my back and shoulders. I cannot recommend tiger balm enough”

Joyce · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2019

Tiger Balm Pain Relieving Patch (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I used the Tiger balm relieving patch for my Sciatica nerve and it really helped me the patch stays in place and it last for 8 hours”

Steve · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 20, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I use tigre balm rubbed into my forehead and temples to telieve a headache its also excellent for relieving a migraine”

Logan October 7, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “When I used this product I put in on my temple for a headache but it only burns now yes I couldn't feel the head ache because my face was on fire. Not the best, I could have hurt myself for free with out buying this”

Redz · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Left skin burning”

EJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2019

Tiger Balm Ultra Strength (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I used it and I got a burning sensation and my skin got red. I got really scared but it went away after 10 minutes. I still would recommend using it because it really does works. The ultra strength might be a little strong for me but it does the job and hopefully my skin will adjust over time.”

Buns · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I used Tiger Balm one time on June 21st 2019 for pain in my wrist. By the next morning my wrist has broken out with a red rash that burns. I have tried several things and nothing is clearing it up so far. Please beware of this ointment.”

Shortie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 1, 2019

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “When I get occasional back pain, Tiger Balm always works fast. It's so effective, I forget all about the pain and can get back to doing what I want to. It's a zillion percent better than any other pain rub or patch out there.”

SUNCL · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 29, 2019

Tiger Balm Ultra Strength (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Works as well as my other favorite Thermacare. Smells wonderful too!!!! Not the same old wintergreen as it seems most topical pain relieving rubs have gone to. Feels hot, then icy cold. Forget about the pain!”

Anonymous May 9, 2018

Tiger Balm Extra Strength (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “It works!”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2018

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “works for pain, especially a stiff neck but only lasts maybe 20 minutes. Smells good in my opinion.”

Kris · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 15, 2018

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Dermatitis: “I use tiger balm for Everything from sunburns, mosquito bites, tired achy muscles, cramps, bruises, sinus headache, congestion, razor burn, & anything that itches.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2017

Freeze It Roll-On (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Had open heart surgery and double mastectomy in a span of 2 years. Very painful nerve pain most of the time. Bio- Freeze (Roll- On) Definitely works for the pain. Unfortunately it has literally burned my chest. Don't want anyone to go through this.Thank you, Be well everyone.”

BeeFubar February 18, 2017

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “I bought Tiger balm over the counter to help ease my shoulder and neck pain and possibly to try on my back as I get stiff and feel constant pain due to a previous back injury. I use this ontop of strong medication (after consulting the gp) to help my muscle pain. It leaves a cold tingly feeling if you use it on a large area but it doesn't last long, helped the flexibility in my back and eased off the muscle pain in my neck and shoulders. It lasts for a few hours and doesn't smell too bad. I have the red ointment one with cinnamon in and its not an unpleasant smell. The balm does stick to your fingers a bit and takes a bit of scrubbing to get off. But overall a very good option for topical pain/joint medication. Would recommend trying!”

Moustache · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2016

Tiger Balm (camphor / menthol) for Pain: “Muscle pain/stiffness. I've used heating pads, icy hot, Bengay cream, screaming toast...tiger balm doesn't get hot like Bengay cream does, but there is a nice tingling, and it lasts for about five hours. Increases flexibility and reduces pain. Smells awful unless you have a cold and then, it clears the sinuses! Even if it is not hot, DO NOT get in eyes, or other mucous membranes!!”

Puppp's Rash · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2014

“I was prescribed a 1%HC 1/4% camphor 1/4% menthol mix for a PUPPP's rash I have developed at 32 weeks of pregnancy. I was told only to apply it twice a day,but I find it works for about an hour only and then is pretty much useless to me. I spend majority of my days and nights sleepless with an ice pack on the effected areas. Nothing works. I can't even take a cool bath because its uncomfortable to have a cool bath, but any amount of heat just makes it more itchy and stings.”