User Reviews for Dostinex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Dostinex.

Dostinex Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Hyperprolactinemia.

Reviews for Dostinex to treat Hyperprolactinemia

"Three months ago have used dostinex for 4 weeks, two times a week half pill, so one pill a week! Before I have started to use dostinex my prolactine level was 589! After I used it for 4 weeks, prolactine level dropped down to 36. I was stupid I guess and I stopped using it. Now I am back on dostinex again because prolactine level went up to 600. Please if you are using dostinex regularly check with your doctor. That is my strong advice, don't be stupid like I was. Dostinex helped me with my prolactine. Thank you all"

Najko July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used dostinex 2 years ago for a few months. I had nausea and vomiting the first few days, but I continued taking it for a year and the side affects went away. My prolactin went from just over 200 down to 94. It also helped me to lose weight. I had to stop taking it because it was too expensive. I started taking it again 2 weeks ago and the only side affect I have is mild headaches."

lexerose31 June 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was told this drug would fix my symptoms in 12 months but I had to take it for almost 10 years and my hormone levels fluctuated greatly over that time."

Joyjen February 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Before I was using parlodel which is the same medicine for reducing prolactin. My prolactin is 49 and facing irregular periods. Previously I faced horrible side effects but with dostinex I am very happy no side effects just feel sleepy some time."

Adimaan November 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Avoid this drug at all costs! I took it to bring down my prolactin levels which it did but I had some extreme side effects. Severe depression, fatigue, lack of motivation just to name a few."

Ange A May 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking dostinex/cabergoline for 14 years. The main constant side effect is headaches. It feels like an ice pick is stabbing me in my head for a couple of seconds and then it goes away just as quickly as it started. It only happens maybe a couple times a month. I also find I get tired more easily and sometimes need to rest during the day. in addition, my vision has worsened. I stopped the medicine for about a year now and I'm getting dizzy quite often lately and my vision is worse. I fear my tumor has grown and need to see my endocrinologist again. God bless all"

Malecka (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug reduced my prolactin levels really quick. I did not have a visible prolactinoma on my MRI but my doctor suspected it was really small. After 2 months my prolactin levels decreased from 2000 to 150. In the first month I felt a bit dizzy and wanted to sleep a lot more than usual (I had a few cat naps which is heaps out of character for me - I never usually sleep during the day) . This went away after about month and I generally feel fine taking Dostinex. I've been taking it for about 6 months now. I recommend you give it a go!"

queenoflove10101 May 31, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ive been taking Cabergoline for 7 years and it has helped keep my prolactin level normal. I can take it anytime of the day and it doesnt bother my stomach, i do get dizzy easier on this medicine."

JKL 75 November 13, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used Dostinex for years now, to treat high prolactin hormone levels. When I was younger they had me take Propranolol which made me so sick to my stomach! Dostinex has really no side effects that I've experienced and I only have to take it twice a week!"

amykakes August 17, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"good drug for dysreflexy in spinal cord injurieds"

caetano March 12, 2008