User Reviews for Bromfed DM to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Bromfed DM Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 288 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Bromfed DM

Ang · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2018

"Worked well for me! I have been dealing with cough/cold for the last week + ear infection and went to the doctor today. She gave me bromfed DM on top of an antibiotic for my ear infection and I have noticed much improvement even after just 1 dose. I can breathe out of my nose again!"

K. Ron · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2018

"I have been officially diagnosed with the flu so you know I am not exaggerating when I say my cough is horrendous. I will cough for so long, non-stop for an hour or more, that I feel like I am going to go crazy. In the beginning I took an OTC medication for colds. The next day, I took prescription Bromfed. The only difference between the prescription Bromfed & the OTC medication is the Bromfed seems to work a little faster than the OTC meds."

Andrew620 January 9, 2018

"Awful experience awful drug... It seriously made me feel like I was about to have a seizure (had my first seizure a month and a half before this happened) wasn't a good feeling at all... would definitely recommend staying away from this one!"

Me2017 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 27, 2017

"I find that giving my 4 yr old son Bromfed DM, makes him aggressive and sleepless. I am not sure if its a combination with Albuterol or just by itself. I would say that he is hypersensitive to these drugs including zyrtec, claritin and singulair. When he was younger I would give him bromfed dm and zyrtec also. He would be hyper and I thought that was his "normal behavior". When he got switched to claritin and singulair its when we noticed how much more aggressive he was becoming. When I stopped all the medicine, its when his demeanor completely changed. He suffers from environmental allergies & now when I give him any of the medications above, his demeanor starts changing. His aggression is uncontrollable. His doctors don't believe me."

Ed Boca March 8, 2017

"Worked well. I took every 4 hrs about 7 ml "

Jessic2952 · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2017

"Did nothing for my cough. I did however get the side effects. Dizziness, nausea, constipation, then diarrhea. Never again."

Dat boi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2016

"Did nothing for my cough."

ktcc February 22, 2016

"nothing better after 2 days, still coughing a lot"

Elly jumbo January 28, 2016

"Can't urinate for 2 days, horrible pain, need a catheter"

Greg P. · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2015

"Not effective"

MommyOfGirls · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2014

"I went to the doctor for my preschooler and the 1st time, they sent me home with nothing but recommendations for OT remedies. A week and a half later, no improvement, especially at night when coughing became unbearable for my little one. They gave her Bromfed DM and diagnosed allergies on top of the cold. Worked like a charm. She was able to rest and fight the cold and was back to her old self. Now, I have the cold, and I have tried Nyquil, cough drops, honey and lemon and tea remedies. Nothing worked. My daughter had a half bottle leftover, (I do not have insurance for myself and don't qualify for any if you are wondering) so I had to do research on reactions, dosage, etc. Mommy hasn't slept. Hoping it works."

kmg's mom · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2013

"Great! My daughter has had a cold and cough to the point of vomiting a few times. After the Dr checked her to make sure nothing serious, gave her this and she felt immediately better. Coughing and congestion significantly reduced. Bromfed is amazing and tastes good too (I always try anything I am going to give my children)."

Anonymous June 6, 2013

"Works great. Nothing helped my cough and congestion until I began taking Bromfed."

Marijean March 6, 2013

"I was so miserable with upper respiratory symptoms; nasal congestion, coughing all night, etc. One dose of Bromfed DM and I felt so much better, slept all night without coughing and congestion was gone. Great stuff!"

Awesome1jg · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2013

"I thought I had the flu. Long story short, too late to treat so I was sent home with cough meds. I was offered codeine but that stuff never worked for me so I asked if there was anything else. I had mentioned that I had allergies as well so he gave me this. I felt so much better within an hour of the first dose. No drowsiness for me but I don't get drowsy with Benadryl either so I wasn't expecting it."

Lua · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2012

"Fast recovering."

Learn more about Cough and Nasal Congestion

More about Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine)

Other brands: Resperal-DM, Robitussin Allergy & Cough, Dimetane DX, Brotapp-DM, ... +8 more

Professional resources