User Reviews for Bethanechol

Also known as: Duvoid, Myotonachol, Urecholine

Learn more about Bethanechol.

Abdominal Distension 1 reviews 6 medications

Urinary Retention 3 reviews 6 medications

7.8
Summary of Bethanechol reviews 4 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Bethanechol

For Urinary Retention: "This helped my neurogenic bladder and neurogenic bowel condition. After 2 years, tho, it started giving me nausea and vomiting. I see you are supposed to take it 1 hr before or 2 hrs after a meal or it can cause nausea and vomiting. I hadn't ever paid attention to that and I was fine, now I can't tolerate it and am sad bc it really helped both conditions."

No go March 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Retention: "Has anyone else choked on taking this medicine because it starts dissolving as you take it? It lodged in my throat this morning and I couldn't breathe. My hands we going numb but managed to stay somewhat calm until it dissolved enough to throw it up. Usually it comes back up before it gets stuck"

justme looking for answers October 25, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Urecholine (bethanechol) for Abdominal Distension: "I was in severe pain and had nausea when I was prescribed this medication. I still have the pain and nausea, but they are more tolerable now."

Wendy's (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2013

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Retention: "I have Multiple Sclerosis and have a problem with my bladder fully emptying. Any amount of urine that Is left in my bladder, makes it seem like I haven't even gone to the bathroom. Bethanechol makes it so my bladder fully empties and I don't have those feelings."

bridgiebell (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 9, 2013

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "I take this for side-effects of intrathecal baclofen therapy, It works pretty well for me"

teri1215 March 31, 2008