Generic Name: miconazole/zinc/white petrolatum (MYE-KON-a-zole/zinc/pet-roe-LAY-tum)
Brand Name: Vusion
Vusion is used for:
Treating a certain type of diaper rash in certain pediatric patients. It is used along with gentle cleansing of the diaper area and frequent diaper changes.
Vusion is an antifungal and skin protectant ointment. It works by killing sensitive fungi. It also helps to protect the skin from irritation.
Do NOT use Vusion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Vusion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if this applies to you.
Before using Vusion:
Some medical conditions may interact with Vusion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems, bladder problems, a weakened immune system, or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Vusion. Because little, if any, of Vusion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Vusion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Vusion:
Use Vusion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Vusion. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Gently cleanse the diaper area with very mild soap and lukewarm water before you apply Vusion. Pat the area dry with a soft towel.
- Use the fingertips to apply a thin layer of medicine to the diaper area after each diaper change. Do NOT rub the medicine in. Rubbing may cause more irritation.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Vusion.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Vusion for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if the condition improves within a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Vusion, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Vusion.
Important safety information:
- Vusion is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes or mouth. If you get Vusion in your eyes, rinse them immediately with a generous amount of cool water.
- Do not get Vusion inside the vagina.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or for longer than 7 days without checking with your doctor. Vusion is not for long-term use. If symptoms do not get better within 7 days or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Vusion should not be used to prevent diaper rash. Vusion is not a substitute for frequent diaper changes. You must keep the diaper area clean and dry.
- Do not use scented soaps, shampoos, or lotions on the diaper area.
- Be sure to use Vusion for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up the infection completely. The fungus could also become less sensitive to this or other medicine. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Vusion should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 4 weeks old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Vusion, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Vusion while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Vusion, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Vusion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Vusion:
Store Vusion at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Vusion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Vusion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Vusion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Vusion or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Vusion. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Vusion. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Vusion.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Vusion (miconazole / zinc oxide topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 4 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antifungals
Other brands: Rash Relief Antifungal