User Reviews for Calmoseptine

Calmoseptine has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 73% of those users who reviewed Calmoseptine reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Diaper Rash
8.5
Minor Skin Irritation
7.3
Minor Skin Conditions
4.5
Summary of Calmoseptine reviews 7.2 10 reviews

Bea · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2021

For Minor Skin Irritation: “Doctor gave me a sample for inflamed perianal and genital area. I was surprised to find it so gritty, like there was sand in it. Also I did not care for the menthol cooling/burning effect. The pain of the irritation was reduced but the whole area is still red. I think just plain zinc oxide would work better.”

Cassie · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 8, 2021

For Minor Skin Conditions: “I have used this product for a long time. Everything was fine up until a year ago and now every tube I buy or replace has some kind of gritty substance in it. Even when I return the tube, the replacement tube is gritty. It has gotten so bad that my pharmacist refuses to carry it anymore.”

elvis · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

For Minor Skin Conditions: “I have a big rash from psoriasis 8" x 10" on my back, can't put a band aid on it because there is no skin. I missed 12 days of work because of bleeding, I found this Calmoseptine and it was amazing, immediate protection from shirt rubbing against it. Fantastic! Will recommend to family and friends. WOW!!”

Oli · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 24, 2021

For Minor Skin Irritation: “I was diagnosed with lichen sclerosis of the Vulva, I suffered severe itch, shedding of skin, cuts and burning pain after urination. After many visits to the hospital, specialist, and expensive compound ointments made, I came across calmoseptine in a chemist and thought, why not? I applied a few times a day, initially it stung for a few seconds, but then gave a cool tingly feeling. The itch stopped, it provided a barrier during ruination and healed the cuts in a few days. The skin in that area healed and haven’t had any symptoms for years. Every now and then if I get a flare up, I apply and the symptoms usually disappear within a few days.”

Cupcake · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2020

For Minor Skin Irritation: “I had raw buttocks (inside cheeks) uncertain cause. Accompanied Pruritus. Dermatologist or internal doctors did not recommend any product. I tried butt paste . It help itching slightly but raw appearance didn’t improve. After research. Came across mixed reviews on Calmoseptine. I felt what the heck. I really have nothing to loose. The biggest complaint were some slightly burning from product. If scratching area than certainly it would burn a little. I was very careful not to scratch area before applying. This is amazing in less than a week rawness it’s almost healed and no Pruritus!! Please give this product a try if you’re having issues.”

Jeanie49 · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2016

For Diaper Rash: “I used this for Itch,rash and soreness rectal/vaginal area and found this cream to burn upon application. After about 5 minutes the burning pain diminished. However after urination; the burning returned. Very difficult to heal the area as well as keep clean. Used "Aloe Vesta" for cleaning and it burns as well. "Triple Paste" is the only ointment that does not burn. As well as providing a barrier.”

Heatherrhl May 25, 2015

For Diaper Rash: “Our pediatrician suggested using this after our now 12 year old with eczema had a very bad case of diaper rash, weepy and bleeding. We have used it ever since for diaper rash. It is better than anything we've ever tried and we've tried them all. We recommended it to anyone who asks. Usually clears up even the worst diaper rash in 24 hours.”

JIM January 11, 2019

“I had gone to Dr for bad poop and cracked anal area. Diarrhea and blood due to cracks all the time. Saw this in my wife's drawer. Used it. Tingles at first, not burns, just tingles. The next day.....AWESOME FEEL. 80% healed. Day two 90%. Worked like a charm.”

SSchritt November 19, 2017

For Diaper Rash: “My two year old had diarrhea and applied this cream as when cleaning he complained that it hurt. Instantly sobbed when applied and screamed saying “it hurts, it hurts”. I used a wipe to remove what I could. The area where most of the cream was applied now has a ugly red, slightly bubbled rash and prior to application the skin had no redness of any kind. Threw this product away and will NEVER use it again. I haven’t had problems with any other ointment, lotion, detergent... with my son. I do NOT recommend this ointment.”

Sharon JK October 26, 2013

For Diaper Rash: “Used this on great grandson. He gets diaper rash easily, this protects him from getting it and heals and soothes if he gets diaper rash when we don't use this to protect.”

dadadad · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2016

For Diaper Rash: “awesome for burnt skin due to diarrhea -best ever. wish I had it for kids when they were young”

Dale March 20, 2020

“Doctor gave me this cream to put on what appeared to be slight chemical burns from testosterone patches, The rash cleared it up pretty good good item”

More about Calmoseptine (menthol / zinc oxide topical)

Other brands