Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid
Generic name: Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid [ un-de-sil-EN-ik-AS-id-& dah-RIV-ah-tivs ]
Drug class: Topical antifungals
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 11, 2022.
Uses of Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid:
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid?
- If you have an allergy to undecylenic acid, its derivatives, or any other part of undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid.
- If you are allergic to undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid; any part of undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Some of these drugs may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Talk with the doctor before giving undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid to a child younger than 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid) best taken?
Use undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin.
- Do not use to treat diaper rash.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- For athlete's foot, be sure to get undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid in the areas between the toes.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Liquid?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about undecylenic acid and derivatives liquid, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Frequently asked questions
More about undecylenic acid topical
- Drug Information
- Undecylenic acid Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Undecylenic Acid and Derivatives Cream and Ointment
Fungi-Nail, Blis-To-Sol Powder, Cruex, Elon Dual Defense Anti-Fungal Formula, ... +3 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.